Acetylene torch set and bottles

• Thread starter John kverneland
  • Start date
J

John kverneland

Hows the form I was wondering what's the story with the bottles do you rent them? I was talking to a guy today who said irish oxygen in bishopstown was the best bet. He quoted 270 plus vat for the hoses regulators torch and anti flashbacks. I've no doubt its quality stuff.. you can get cheaper on the internet but I'd be wary of them.. cheers.

Hi John all depends on how mush u will be using it. I was renting from boc and moved to Irish oxygen the rent is almost half now the oxygen bottle is smaller

Probably a good bit if I had one. I'd find work to do plus they are handy around the place..

Is there not a crowd you buy the bottle of them kinda of a deposit and then say in a year or when ever you decide to not need them anymore you can give back bottle and get ur deposit back that way you only pay for fill everytime and no rent to pay.

Is there not a crowd you buy the bottle of them kinda of a deposit and then say in a year or when ever you decide to not need them anymore you can give back bottle and get ur deposit back that way you only pay for fill everytime and no rent to pay.
This crowd https://hobbyweld.co.uk probably others doing it as well.

The rent isnt bad there really, for someone getting a bit of use out of it
there should be a hobby deal if you ring them up
its for size Y bottles but its a hell of a lot cheaper than that list
then theres the rent free

I found if I use up to 2 bottles a year (size Y ) then rent free cheapest
2 to 6 bottles boc hobby
over 6 go full rental

There's stargas and hobbyweld at least in Ireland, but I think there's a third.

I don't think BOC do hobby/rent free options in Ireland.

I do stargas via wholesale welding supplies as it suits me to have a courier collect/drop at the office. but they have a number of local stockists around the country too. I'm with them a number of years, wanted to upsize my mig bottle this year and it was no problem, just pay the difference in the deposit between the two sizes and rock on.

In the early years the courier arrangements with wholesale welding were a bit haphazard, but I think they've sorted that.

I’ve a bottle through one of the local auto factors, it was €80 for the bottle and €80 for the fill, But if I’m done with the bottle I should get the €80 for the bottle back. I don’t really know how it would compare to full rental but it does for the amount we use it really

There's stargas and hobbyweld at least in Ireland, but I think there's a third.

I don't think BOC do hobby/rent free options in Ireland.

I do stargas via wholesale welding supplies as it suits me to have a courier collect/drop at the office. but they have a number of local stockists around the country too. I'm with them a number of years, wanted to upsize my mig bottle this year and it was no problem, just pay the difference in the deposit between the two sizes and rock on.

In the early years the courier arrangements with wholesale welding were a bit haphazard, but I think they've sorted that.
What size bottle are you on there's fuckal difference in price between the 47 and 20

I use Stargas for the mig welder, it’s a rent free bottle and when you return it you get about 80% of the original cost back. It costs €120 to refill the 47 litre bottle.

20l for the mig and 10l for the tig
Price the 47 the next time your empty I thought I'd get the 20 the first time as it would be handy it was handy lift in and out of the car that was about it no lasting in it whatsoever.
I've a fully feeling I have 40 euro more for the big one but I might be wrong

For the amount I'm doing its grand. Be a bit of a pisstake getting a full height bottle delivered to an office :)

Cos I'm not always there to sign for my parcels

Heating would be easy enough on the oxygen but once your cutting, it's hungry enough. Would you consider oxygen and propane? A bit cheaper run and you only have to rent one bottle. Used it for a good few years. Not quiet as fast at heating as acetylene but not a big difference really.

Heating would be easy enough on the oxygen but once your cutting, it's hungry enough. Would you consider oxygen and propane? A bit cheaper run and you only have to rent one bottle. Used it for a good few years. Not quiet as fast at heating as acetylene but not a big difference really.
That was next question could I use propane with an acetylene regulator €80 for 47kg of propane
It would be used mainly for heating anyway

That was next question could I use propane with an acetylene regulator €80 for 47kg of propane
It would be used mainly for heating anyway
Afraid not you need to use a propane reg....they are not massive money and any decent plumbing /heating place will have them. You'll also need propane spec hose for the fuel line.

Reactions: DMC
Back