Todays Photo

Our vet on site this morning for tb testing...
View attachment 72336
All hands turned up for the herd test !!!! Remember years ago when we had sheep a rather pretty female student vet turned up on placement , it was great for two weeks we never had so much help in the shed ... even lads who never worked for us turned up to lend a hand ........ she actually runs a very good practice locally now .

All hands turned up for the herd test !!!! Remember years ago when we had sheep a rather pretty female student vet turned up on placement , it was great for two weeks we never had so much help in the shed ... even lads who never worked for us turned up to lend a hand ........ she actually runs a very good practice locally now .

The 1st time I had the vet you speak of out to do a job
Was to skull 5 small yearlings . An unpleasant job , but brightened a bit by the view.
She informed me she had never done it before but , we will give it a lash

Went without a hitch.

The 1st time I had the vet you speak of out to do a job
Was to skull 5 small yearlings . An unpleasant job , but brightened a bit by the view.
She informed me she had never done it before but , we will give it a lash

Went without a hitch.
She’s a very good vet and not afraid of anything... for a small woman she’s well able to get stuck in ..

This girl is well capable also, it's great to see women taking up the role:yes: "not the hole":no:

There has only 1 male vet in these parts in at least 15 years .
I met a retired local vet in Supervalu a couple of weeks ago . He told me he is 64 , and there was something like 5 % of his year female . Now it would be gone to over 90 % .
I couldn't fault 1 of the dozen odd female vets I have dealt with in the last 20 odd years .

There has only 1 male vet in these parts in at least 15 years .
I met a retired local vet in Supervalu a couple of weeks ago . He told me he is 64 , and there was something like 5 % of his year female . Now it would be gone to over 90 % .
I couldn't fault 1 of the dozen odd female vets I have dealt with in the last 20 odd years .
What about the other 11? :lol:

Croke Park are now growing their grass under lights. They are trialling a new purple grow lamp - I don't know if you can see it in the picture.

IMG_20191214_104710_3.jpg

I like to get my wife something nice for christmas, something she would like but wouldnt spend her own money on. This year I got her a nice handbag in brown thomas. Our daughter is on a waste reduction thing, and has recycled all our present wrapping. My present from her is wrapped in a porridge bag. For my poor wife's present I decided to follow suit:

9b720b9b-98f2-4eff-a504-68276ad9c5ca.jpg

I like to get my wife something nice for christmas, something she would like but wouldnt spend her own money on. This year I got her a nice handbag in brown thomas. Our daughter is on a waste reduction thing, and has recycled all our present wrapping. My present from her is wrapped in a porridge bag. For my poor wife's present I decided to follow suit:

View attachment 72844
:santa2:

Im right in thinking the right hedge in the first pic . Is the hedge you’ve cut in the second pic . Lads around here would have a fit if you asked them to cut a hedge that overgrown with a hedgecutter. Mulcher or laying it only option . You’ve a nice job made of it mind .
Same stretch of hedge but not the same spot.
Should have been cut years ago prob hard on it but I'm just taking small bits at a time that could take over 10 runs

Back