Tumosan

Tom19

well what do ye think ,The classic 8085 model in particular she’s made off the 110-90 design ,I’m quite drawn to it although I know nothing about the brand. €31,000 for the 85hp or €33,000 for 95hp

The depreciation is an absolute killer on these, be prepared to be married to it.

Very very basic as well and not as dependable as the Fiat versions.

The depreciation is an absolute killer on these, be prepared to be married to it.

Very very basic as well and not as dependable as the Fiat versions.
I kinda guessed all that but there’s something about it

I'd be inclined to go for one of the better known brands in a basic format then a tractor thats rare enough out there. As said the depreciation will be steep but on the other hand I also say to anyone go for what you like. You'll be much happier spending the day in a cab of something you genuinely enjoy owning vs sitting in a cab all day grinding through work.

I'd be inclined to go for one of the better known brands in a basic format then a tractor thats rare enough out there. As said the depreciation will be steep but on the other hand I also say to anyone go for what you like. You'll be much happier spending the day in a cab of something you genuinely enjoy owning vs sitting in a cab all day grinding through work.
Sound lad ,I tend to be drawn to old style tractors, all mechanical I don’t why

A farmer we work for bought a new one in 2018 don’t know what model, lift arms stopped working 3 times, pto turned on itself once nearly killed the man, other small trouble too, ended up going to court over it
Alarm bells are ringing there ,I think I’ll stay well clear with a story like that

While I would not buy one myself I was wondering is it such a bad deal? You buy new with some kind of warranty for a year or more for 33k or u buy the landini for say 10k more. Both will depreciate but if he goes back to the Tomoson dealer in 3 years with say 1500 hrs on it will it be worth 16.5k euros and he has to put say 20k along with it for a new one. The landini in three years will it be worth 30k and he needs to go 20k to go new. Is he really any worse off financially with the Tomo? I assume rightly or not that he’s looking to buy a “cheap” new tractor and if so the Tomo or other cheap brands is the way to do it. Just my thoughts mind!

While I would not buy one myself I was wondering is it such a bad deal? You buy new with some kind of warranty for a year or more for 33k or u buy the landini for say 10k more. Both will depreciate but if he goes back to the Tomoson dealer in 3 years with say 1500 hrs on it will it be worth 16.5k euros and he has to put say 20k along with it for a new one. The landini in three years will it be worth 30k and he needs to go 20k to go new. Is he really any worse off financially with the Tomo? I assume rightly or not that he’s looking to buy a “cheap” new tractor and if so the Tomo or other cheap brands is the way to do it. Just my thoughts mind!
That’s another very good point,another thing is the cheap parts price on tumosans but the the story above about the pto starting by itself makes me wary

There is a company also making tractors that look very similar to the Massey 290s does anyone know what this company is called I’ve been racking me brain for it

MF%20385%204wd.jpg
Would this be them?

There is a company also making tractors that look very similar to the Massey 290s does anyone know what this company is called I’ve been racking me brain for it
MF%20385%204wd.jpg
Would this be them?

Millat. They do not meet emissions regs and therefore as far as I am aware can't be taxed for road use. Not sure about insurance.

Iirc you said here before you were coming new to stock farming. Forgive me if I sound blunt, but a new tractor would not be high up my list of priorities in that situation.

They're are plenty good options in the second hand market good enough for putting out bales, pulling a cattle trailer etc. The money would be better off invested in the farm some way whereby it could produce a return. A new tumosan or one of those millats will depreciate heavily, so this is money you won't get back.

Last edited:
Ya hattat I think is another

You didn’t sound a bit blunt,a boy can dream though :Thumbp2: I’d say a new tractor won’t be coming in to my yard anytime soon

Attachments

• FA78BC31-745E-4319-97FD-152036DA242B.jpeg
    FA78BC31-745E-4319-97FD-152036DA242B.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 46
A farmer we work for bought a new one in 2018 don’t know what model, lift arms stopped working 3 times, pto turned on itself once nearly killed the man, other small trouble too, ended up going to court over it
hard to understand how the pto would turn on itself if its the same as a fiat , you pull up a hand clutch, push down a lever which will grind going into gear, then you let the hand clutch back down so a lot of things would have to malfunction for it to happen unless those tumosans have hydraulic pto,s :scratchhead:

hard to understand how the pto would turn on itself if its the same as a fiat , you pull up a hand clutch, push down a lever which will grind going into gear, then you let the hand clutch back down so a lot of things would have to malfunction for it to happen unless those tumosans have hydraulic pto,s :scratchhead:
I wonder has the hand clutch on the Tumosan a lock when it's pulled so maybe it was left in PTO gear with the hand clutch pulled, if the cable snapped or the release bearing or clutch fingers gave up it could start up.

You must be the first lad that ever dreamed of owning a Tumosan.
No I was just looking at done deal and was curious I most definitely won’t be popping pictures of them up around the house And losing sleep over em I’ll tell you that much

I'd say it's heresay that the pto came on itself I can't see how that would happen.
I'd be still of the opinion of buying something older and spending the money on it.
There made of soft shite all them rip off yokes.
The only thing your getting is a new reg after that youd be better off with the 20-30 year old model fully restored

I'd say it's heresay that the pto came on itself I can't see how that would happen.
I'd be still of the opinion of buying something older and spending the money on it.
There made of soft shite all them rip off yokes.
The only thing your getting is a new reg after that youd be better off with the 20-30 year old model fully restored
Pto definitely came on anyway as there was a mounted mower on the back on road position and it made Sh** of the mower

If I had a budget of €33k and wanted something basic, a Tumosan (or any of these copycat type tractors) would be the last thing I would put it into tbh.
Half that budget would probably buy a nice 390T which will probably appreciate in value
Or if you like Fiat based tractors, a New Holland TL/TLA or such. €33k should buy something very nice

Last edited:
Back