What are you up to in the workshop?

Thinking of putting a horn (a beep beeep one that is!) on the quad.
Current plan is to get power from the back of the 12v fag lighter style socket.

Should I run some form of fuse in the line or should the fuse for the socket be enough??

If so how do I decide on fuse size?

No they both serve a different purpose. Rock spike as the name suggests is a real advantage in stone ground to get you a starting hole for the post . Wouldn’t want to have to use it for every post . Use a crobar here for that job .
Bigger weight just speeds up and increases the power you have to drive the post . Bigger weight can be used to drive a post lightly if necessary but a light weight can’t be made to pound a post heavier.
would a rock spike be a better investment than a heavier weight. I know a heavier weight is a much simpler thing than a rock spike obviously.

Would have a mixture of everything here . Hardest place I drove posts last year had peat on one side and a ft of sand on the other . Had to dig through the sand to drive the strainers as it just packed in front of the point of the strainers . On stoney ground i use a crobar. If you can make a hole 2ft deep and only 3 or 4” wide with a crobar the post driver should get the post knocked in . No need to go mad swinging off the bar trying to make a wide hole .
Is your ground stoney or hard clay. Mostly I will be using it on clay ground with little or no stones but when it dries out its like the top of the road

A bit more progress on the QA headstock for the loader its all just held together with the clamps wasnt too hard to line it up. If had of measured it at start and kept the inner plates a bit closer centre i would have been able to use it for the bottom to rest against and hold locking pin .

Attachments

• 933F9617-D2B1-49AF-B7E0-0FFBEF1D3E55.jpeg
    933F9617-D2B1-49AF-B7E0-0FFBEF1D3E55.jpeg
    215.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 2BDA3AAE-35C4-488F-B0FD-B94C7A870478.jpeg
    2BDA3AAE-35C4-488F-B0FD-B94C7A870478.jpeg
    178.1 KB · Views: 97
  • 96047C6D-B48C-48CA-A351-E0C06C83CB62.jpeg
    96047C6D-B48C-48CA-A351-E0C06C83CB62.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 97
  • BB343714-4008-4967-A80A-73C306787915.jpeg
    BB343714-4008-4967-A80A-73C306787915.jpeg
    228.1 KB · Views: 97
Is that known as Triggers fork, put up another picture when there is a shine on the prongs !!:sweat:
They are two old und combined alrite. Although one was barely a week old when the handle was bent!

It's for clearing out small lambing pens.
They are done after every ewe so the straw is bulky but light, and as we have very fine straw thid year something was needed to up productivity!! Couldn't get much on a standard 4-pronger!
Works well too!

Just to close this off bought new genuine this morning €125 :sad: but it’s an important component so not worth taking a chance with it. You can’t easily change to the newer type either as you would have to change both cables on joystick as the cable stroke needs to be the same on each cable. At least the new one has better formed grooves for snap ring.

Attachments

• 9DDEE8A7-B3F3-4690-8993-6B0FE7EEE772.jpeg
    9DDEE8A7-B3F3-4690-8993-6B0FE7EEE772.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 90
Just to close this off bought new genuine this morning €125 :sad: but it’s an important component so not worth taking a chance with it. You can’t easily change to the newer type either as you would have to change both cables on joystick as the cable stroke needs to be the same on each cable. At least the new one has better formed grooves for snap ring.
i put a spurious cable on the quicke here and it was never as good as the genuine one, i ended up throwing it off and getting a quicke cable

Is that cut out using the computer to do the cutting, what is the process to get it from a picture to it being cut out.

In the first photo, there is a house on the left in the background, is that one house with two separate blocks with a passage connecting the two

Yeah the computer controls the plasma cutter. I cropped the photo to end up with only the horse, then run it through a programme to convert it into a black and white image, after it's converted you need to look through the image and tweak some of the lines if it's going to end up cutting bits out or deleting some tiny little peices which would be un cuttable, once its into a decent stage can convert it into the code for the plasma.

Back