Todays Photo

It was the only one to stop and look,174 ready for slaughter out of that group.

Are store lamb prices on the up up "north" I see at sedgemoor mart they are about £85 -£89 average that's up nearly £20 @ head since late November, the bloke who keeps tack lambs here and all over says he's having a fantastic finish to to his store lamb year !!! (Hed of had a bout 5,500 around on grass n turnips

Are store lamb prices on the up up "north" I see at sedgemoor mart they are about £85 -£89 average that's up nearly £20 @ head since late November, the bloke who keeps tack lambs here and all over says he's having a fantastic finish to to his store lamb year !!! (Hed of had a bout 5,500 around on grass n turnips

Yes good price at the minute,with 5500 he’s going to make some serious cash.

One of my neighbours has been running 2000 or so every winter then this year he decided not to bother,he’s kicking himself now.

Spot on. New bay is a 25ft span and the didnt want to add that to the existing truss as it was only made from angle iron . That and the purlins on the new bay are 8" so wouldnt match with the 6" on the original
What have you done there put another truss across in front of the other?

Reactions: Win
5ft pan standing . Strap was for good measure
Brings back memories, spent lots of my youth with small pans,
6 foots were heavy to handle, especially if you had to lift them up out of a tank back on to the brow.
Nice to see them still in use. Great strong wall compared to blocks particularly at this time of the year. No messing with mortar or having the plaster washed off.

If only I could put it up as fast as I can take it down .

View attachment 74612

The pans have good faces, nice finish.
Is that all the pans ?

#6480 and a son of mine rang about those pans , when they appeared on DoneDeal a couple of years ago . 6480 was nearer.

I did a fair bit myself with 5 x 2s, around 2000-2006 . Did a 63 ft x 12 ft x 7 ft tank withers 5 x 2s in 03 .
Then a friend made a pair of steel 16 x 8s , that would do a span of a shed , and I bought a pan mixer in 08 . Very quick to erect and take down .

Them pans I bought are still here waiting for new ply . The pans I used belong to the lad that does the big concrete work here . He still has his small pans for small jobs and awkward jobs . Offered me the small pans to use when ever I need them .
The pans have good faces, nice finish.
Is that all the pans ?

#6480 and a son of mine rang about those pans , when they appeared on DoneDeal a couple of years ago . 6480 was nearer.

I did a fair bit myself with 5 x 2s, around 2000-2006 . Did a 63 ft x 12 ft x 7 ft tank withers 5 x 2s in 03 .
Then a friend made a pair of steel 16 x 8s , that would do a span of a shed , and I bought a pan mixer in 08 . Very quick to erect and take down .

As someone who has blood issues, giving blood is so, so important. You may not realise how thankful people that need blood, are to donors
i.d say farmers are very good as regards donating at least thats what i see every time i donate, i,d know over half the people there any night . some people can,t give blood for many reasons and as you get older it gets more difficult to be accepted so all the more reason to start young :wink:

i.d say farmers are very good as regards donating at least thats what i see every time i donate, i,d know over half the people there any night . some people can,t give blood for many reasons and as you get older it gets more difficult to be accepted so all the more reason to start young :wink:
Serious credit due to everyone , also we should all carry donor cards. It should be opt out on donating organs, but unfortunately that's not going to change anytime soon

I've 25 odd donations made, I've gone from four a year to maybe once a year. Last time I was in they nicked one of the plastic pipes and didn't tell me. Shuffled me off for my fanta and pack of taytos and when I looked back there was a few nurses mopping up my blood. Not too impressed. But ill be back when that memory fades:lol:

I've 25 odd donations made, I've gone from four a year to maybe once a year. Last time I was in they nicked one of the plastic pipes and didn't tell me. Shuffled me off for my fanta and pack of taytos and when I looked back there was a few nurses mopping up my blood. Not too impressed. But ill be back when that memory fades:lol:

Could deal with you for some if your interested :laugh:

Back