Daily weather forecast update

Yep, I have seen no reason to change tack on the forecast.

To be honest, I really don’t rate yr as a forecast anymore. I’m sure it’s right sometimes but I just don’t find it reliable in general.
That's very good news I have a ot of slurry in need of a good home! XC giving it dry, but very chilly much as Mucky and yourself are saying.

Just heard on the local BBC weather, up in the North here February has been the wettest month on record in 100 years!
Fair statement!! :boat:

Unusual sort of a day today. I got up to glorious sunshine but very cold this morning but by 08:30 the place was white. By 09:30 that was completely gone to be followed by a monumental hail shower at 11:00 that lasted for about 3 minutes. The sun came back then and stayed here for the rest of the day but it was cold all day.
March of many weathers thats for sure. In like a lion so far so hopefully it'll leave like a lamb.

Unusual sort of a day today. I got up to glorious sunshine but very cold this morning but by 08:30 the place was white. By 09:30 that was completely gone to be followed by a monumental hail shower at 11:00 that lasted for about 3 minutes. The sun came back then and stayed here for the rest of the day but it was cold all day.
March of many weathers thats for sure. In like a lion so far so hopefully it'll leave like a lamb.

We had a number of very short heavy hail
showers throughout the day .

As above , otherwise .

I hope the in like a lion , out like a lamb comes true. It's been a tough month . But youd expect it now . Better than having it in June .

We had a number of very short heavy hail
showers throughout the day .

As above , otherwise .

I hope the in like a lion , out like a lamb comes true. It's been a tough month . But youd expect it now . Better than having it in June .
Wasn't it March of '18 we had the big snow drifts and land in scutter?. I think conditions weren't to different to now.

Had that covering of snow first thing this morning, I was in the mart in Thurles, hailstones hopping off the roof one minute and sun blasting through the skylights the next, raw enough day out.

Wasn't it March of '18 we had the big snow drifts and land in scutter?. I think conditions weren't to different to now.

It was indeed, we were too lucky last year.

Is it after the weekend It's due to take up lads? It's showing a good shot of rain here for Saturday night and Sunday for here :unsure:

It was indeed, we were too lucky last year.

Is it after the weekend It's due to take up lads? It's showing a good shot of rain here for Saturday night and Sunday for here :unsure:
If you were to go by Yr.no its rain most days right up to Wed 11th..

Giving cold and wet for the week of st Patrick’s day,the worst possible combination.

For those who follow the models, was there a big swing in the past few days?

Met Eireann are saying It's uncertain after Tuesday which doesn't fill anyone with confidence

Since 1st Oct 2019, we’ve received 1634mm in an area that typically gets 700mm a year. If they include 1st and 2nd of March in the winter accumulation, then it’s been the wettest winter on record.

Lashing rain here all day, and promising another 50-75mm for this week.
It’s starting to become annoying now.

** Spoke to an auld lad last week that reckons its the same as ‘86...anyone remember’86?

Since 1st Oct 2019, we’ve received 1634mm in an area that typically gets 700mm a year. If they include 1st and 2nd of March in the winter accumulation, then it’s been the wettest winter on record.

** Spoke to an auld lad last week that reckons its the same as ‘86...anyone remember’86?
'85 & '86 :boat:.
I hope you are wrong, I was only in my mid teens, but I don't remember the spring being bad either year, from dim and distant memories Easter was very good both years.

1985 and 86 were the reason that round bale silage became popular in Ireland . Hay in mainly square bales up that , and most of it wasnt fit to wipe your backside in either of those years . :eek3::boat:
I seem to remember hay being made from after grass in blazing sunshine , in September of one of those 2 years , but no idea which year.

For those who follow the models, was there a big swing in the past few days?

Met Eireann are saying It's uncertain after Tuesday which doesn't fill anyone with confidence

No big swing as predicted although things are certainly better than they were in terms of rainfall. Ground is warming too. We had 2 x 4mm events and then 6mm last night.
Some ground here that I got caught with in November has sat powerharrowed since then. It was beginning to crack on the surface yesterday which surprised me. Still sticky underneath.

Currently the models are showing the improvement arriving a week later than expected with it set to improve from next weekend, initially in the south and then further north also.

No big swing as predicted although things are certainly better than they were in terms of rainfall. Ground is warming too. We had 2 x 4mm events and then 6mm last night.
Some ground here that I got caught with in November has sat powerharrowed since then. It was beginning to crack on the surface yesterday which surprised me. Still sticky underneath.

Currently the models are showing the improvement arriving a week later than expected with it set to improve from next weekend, initially in the south and then further north also.
Lads have given years saying.

Next week is supposed to be good.
The reality is past 120 hours them weather models aren't worth looking at even if there not chopping and changing for a few runs they can still change at the last minute.

Lads have given years saying.

Next week is supposed to be good.
The reality is past 120 hours them weather models aren't worth looking at even if there not chopping and changing for a few runs they can still change at the last minute.
That's like the old saying " shur every day it rains now we are a day nearer to a bit of sun"

Back