JCB Teletruk

lough

I was in a fencing materials yard one day and I saw one of these parked up and I was looking in the door and thought they would be very easy to get in and out of compared to a tractor or skid steer if you were feeding bales of silage and would double up as a forklift. Would they be any good around a yard feeding bales of silage, would they be able to lift a bale. I'm not buying, just wondering what peoples opinions are.

Very nifty yoke, once the terrain would be very good.
They tend to make strong money though.
Something like a 2cx would be far more versatile around a farm though imo.

There's a slightly bigger more farm type to be had. Nimble bits of kit with 4 wheel steering.

But sit in one first! I took a spin in one. And at 6ft I struggled with the pedals. Now to be fair I hadn't time to adjust the seat or anything. And know of a bigger lad than me who gets allong well with one.

There's a slightly bigger more farm type to be had. Nimble bits of kit with 4 wheel steering.

But sit in one first! I took a spin in one. And at 6ft I struggled with the pedals. Now to be fair I hadn't time to adjust the seat or anything. And know of a bigger lad than me who gets allong well with one.
Your 6ft and still couldn't reach the pedals??? :tongue:
I was in a fencing materials yard one day and I saw one of these parked up and I was looking in the door and thought they would be very easy to get in and out of compared to a tractor or skid steer if you were feeding bales of silage and would double up as a forklift. Would they be any good around a yard feeding bales of silage, would they be able to lift a bale. I'm not buying, just wondering what peoples opinions are.

A mate had one not sure the model but very similar and that would lift 3 ton.

Your 6ft and still couldn't reach the pedals??? :tongue:

A mate had one not sure the model but very similar and that would lift 3 ton.
more to do with not being able to get my knees past my ears to reach the pedals!!

more to do with not being able to get my knees past my ears to reach the pedals!!
Bit like a Land rover then, I find watching a tall person in one most entertaining. They can't get in, then can't turn the key cause their leg is in the way, then bang their elbow shutting the door.............Tbf everyone does the last one!! :curse:

I have one. Like any forklift the ground needs to be hard and preferably concrete. Yes, it's easy to get in and out of. By and large I like it and the telescopic is handy compared to a masted machine. I made a set of euro adapters to be able to use loader attachments and have stacked bales with it. I generally use for my engineering business but if I wanted something for farmwork I would be tending more towards a small loadall than the teletruk.

I’ve a manitou bt 420 here same idea but much easier getting in and out. 4wd hydrostatic 2tonne lift capacity

The 520-40 are a far better machine to get in and out of than the 50s,I still have nightmares about the 50 I drove on the motorways,put my head through the windscreen when I hit a manhole.:censored:

Back