Covid 19

Are we as near as damn it on lockdown with the measure announced today? Non-essential business' to close, only go out to buy essentials and only groups of four allowed.

Are we as near as damn it on lockdown with the measure announced today? Non-essential business' to close, only go out to buy essentials and only groups of four allowed.

And that's only if all four are family members I think..

Why does it need up to 4 people to go shopping? Was in lidl last night. No kids there. Surely apart from elderly people only 1 person should go shopping?

That's a disgrace. They're licences should not be renewed. I do firmly believe there is an attitude of "era it's not that serious or sure it wont happen to us at all" it's a sad day if people cant lay off the booze for a couple of weeks..

I’m not sure it’s an “era thing” young and old are just as bad,youngsters filling the pubs and the elderly going out regardless.

Noticeably quieter round here today at last, looking like most businesses will be shut in a couple of days, building supplies shut today, hire firm tomorrow. Different times that's for sure but it must be the right thing to do, there's going to be a real upheaval in getting hold of items but we'll have to live with that!

Spoke to a few today and everyone here is furious with what went on over the weekend, there's a garage and café not far away which is a stop for bikers, unbelievably there was 100 plus outside there on Sunday. These would be people coming from large towns with known hot spots, its a job to comprehend what goes on in their heads, as long as they're ok sod every else?? As to what Paw posted yesterday about the villagers not taking the plague elsewhere, 'they could do it then surely they can do it now' the answer is clearly No they can't!!!

Reactions: Paw
Roads are exceptionally quiet around here apart from tractors, oil lorries and agri suppliers.

10 mile round trip tonight, one way at 7 and then at 9 and never met one. I've never seen that.

It's as good as a lockdown in my book.

Mate of mine patrols the A55 for problems (highways not police) he was saying the idiots on the road are unreal. Less cars = more mph in their book

Our road was very quiet today,well apart from the odd widow maker :tdown:

Had a call at 10pm last night to say one of our milkers had to isolate due to her sis having symptoms,laid the babysitters off on Monday night so really are running minimal staffing,most cows we’ve ever milked so if either myself or mrs go down we’re well and truly stuffed.:scared:

what way is the UK working, I was going to order some parts, is it a case of work away or are lots of places shut

Lots of places shut now,can’t get cement as builders suppliers have shut,concrete plants have shut,email today saying steel stockholder closing tomorrow.

what way is the UK working, I was going to order some parts, is it a case of work away or are lots of places shut

Ring them and see if they are open, I bought steel over the phone on Monday evening from a place in England before the shut down was announced that night, they have a depot in NI and I rang the yard yesterday morning and they told me to come on ahead and collect it.

Ring them and see if they are open, I bought steel over the phone on Monday evening from a place in England before the shut down was announced that night, they have a depot in NI and I rang the yard yesterday morning and they told me to come on ahead and collect it.
thanks for the sensible answer:Thumbp2::rolleyes2:, online buying has turned us into pure fools :whistle:

thanks for the sensible answer:Thumbp2::rolleyes2:, online buying has turned us into pure fools :whistle:

Sometimes you can make a bit of a saving if you phone them, I bought bushings from bearing boys recently and if I bought them on-line the postage was around 15stg, it was a lot for all the size of the package I was ordering so I rang them to see what they could do and they said they would send them as a package for 3.80stg. Another place I was buying three different sizes of plastic storage bins or linbins from and I asked them if they would repackage them inside one box

Why does it need up to 4 people to go shopping? Was in lidl last night. No kids there. Surely apart from elderly people only 1 person should go shopping?
Haven’t a clue bit my wife looses all track of time when she goes shopping and of course she gave up driving years ago because she couldn’t face the driving test. I have to keep telling her to hurry up with the shopping and to make matters worse she has to go shopping every day, as a farmer you know yourself how this would could drive you mental.

Back