The older masseys

I might be a little biased. I'm sure we were very unlucky but if I was to go through our history with a certain 3000 series Massey you wouldn't believe me.
What gearbox? What sort of issues? Always had a soft spot for a 3000 series especially a 3095 or 3120. Not too different on the surface to a T2 5xxx series Massey.

What gearbox? What sort of issues? Always had a soft spot for a 3000 series especially a 3095 or 3120. Not too different on the surface to a T2 5xxx series Massey.
3645 dynashift. Bought new, serviced and looked after. Had the box open 6 times in 10,000 hours. Studs came loose twice in the top of the box and it mangled itself. Bearings collapsed. PTO clutch pack drive shaft rung twice before MF realised it wasn't up to the job. And then there was the hydraulic system, electronics, pick up hitch and 4wd coupling system. I'm sure we were unlucky but never again.

3645 dynashift. Bought new, serviced and looked after. Had the box open 6 times in 10,000 hours. Studs came loose twice in the top of the box and it mangled itself. Bearings collapsed. PTO clutch pack drive shaft rung twice before MF realised it wasn't up to the job. And then there was the hydraulic system, electronics, pick up hitch and 4wd coupling system. I'm sure we were unlucky but never again.

Ye deserve a medal for putting up with that over 10k hours :sweat:

http://parristractors.com/used-farm-machinery/details.php?src=1&id=93613 ...Less than an hours use per week of its life, can't be any the better for it..
2.jpg

It could nearly do with 34s on the back to level it up with having the 18 inch fronts , it,s into the collectors market now so its probably not so important but I,d be a bit wary of it being in need of some hard work which dosent always work , had that with a 390 that had been "nursed" by its first owner.

It could nearly do with 34s on the back to level it up with having the 18 inch fronts , it,s into the collectors market now so its probably not so important but I,d be a bit wary of it being in need of some hard work which dosent always work , had that with a 390 that had been "nursed" by its first owner.

you would be surprised how tought hte engine in the 265 can be. we have grandas now and it was boiled many times and never looked at just filled with water and drive on, the 135 would run rings around it for power when he had it. mum bought it of him and after we fitted a new exhaust we went with the drive it like u stole it, after all it couldnt get much worse and we expecting it to go worng with all the previous abuse it now pulls like a train, often as good as our 390 4wd but wiull a 135 and we never touched the engine, not even sure when it was last serviced. gets a few outing on a 14x7 silage trailer to make it think and now has a 1350 tanker in the yard where it is kept to make it work abit too, its and 82 model

you would be surprised how tought hte engine in the 265 can be. we have grandas now and it was boiled many times and never looked at just filled with water and drive on, the 135 would run rings around it for power when he had it. mum bought it of him and after we fitted a new exhaust we went with the drive it like u stole it, after all it couldnt get much worse and we expecting it to go worng with all the previous abuse it now pulls like a train, often as good as our 390 4wd but wiull a 135 and we never touched the engine, not even sure when it was last serviced. gets a few outing on a 14x7 silage trailer to make it think and now has a 1350 tanker in the yard where it is kept to make it work abit too, its and 82 model

By most that know a decent engine the 236 Perkins is regarded as one of the best engines ever made.:Thumbp2:

we did the same with a 399 with a 6354, it has 9000hrs now and does a bit of wrapping, my6180 on the road cant keep up with it on hills when moving fields, reving out to 2800 from shortly after 4000hrs as we thought it slow on the road

Back