Factory Prices General thread

If they're under the 16 months it was €3.50 base on the grid last week. You get the 12c on top of that which you don't if over. It's a bloody pity to be selling cattle at that, prices were shaping up to be 30c higher were it not for the plague. Haven't heard a price this week.

3.65 available if the numbers are there for U grade bulls, 3.55 for Rs etc from speaking to agent today. Might be another 5c increase next week he reckoned.
It isn't great but it is a hell of a lot better than the 3.40 that was there for Us a few weeks ago. That's 100 euro on a 400 kg carcase.

3.65 available if the numbers are there for U grade bulls, 3.55 for Rs etc from speaking to agent today. Might be another 5c increase next week he reckoned.
It isn't great but it is a hell of a lot better than the 3.40 that was there for Us a few weeks ago. That's 100 euro on a 400 kg carcase.
What ages are you getting those weights at? Are they dairy or suckler stock? The 16 mth thing is hard to judge, with R's you're getting the base price and another 12c if the fat scores are right, but the weights are lower, 320kg.

What ages are you getting those weights at? Are they dairy or suckler stock? The 16 mth thing is hard to judge, with R's you're getting the base price and another 12c if the fat scores are right, but the weights are lower, 320kg.
Right up on the 16 months and they wouldn't always be tagged the day they were born either, probably 3 weeks older on average than the cards, suckler stock only and at that, the bottom 20% would be let to grass for the summer and killed before Xmas at 20 months as bulls also. Most top suckler bulls will come into those types of weights with the appropriate feeding. To be honest, with a bull, I think we have to maximise the weight up to the allowable limits if we are to make money going forward with beef prices the way they are. But time will tell.

Right up on the 16 months and they wouldn't always be tagged the day they were born either, probably 3 weeks older on average than the cards, suckler stock only and at that, the bottom 20% would be let to grass for the summer and killed before Xmas at 20 months as bulls also. Most top suckler bulls will come into those types of weights with the appropriate feeding. To be honest, with a bull, I think we have to maximise the weight up to the allowable limits if we are to make money going forward with beef prices the way they are. But time will tell.
You might edit that a bit maybe, public forum and all. Ya with dairy stock you would have to keep them a lot longer to get them to the 400.

You might edit that a bit maybe, public forum and all. Ya with dairy stock you would have to keep them a lot longer to get them to the 400.
It’s very hard to find calves in the environmental habitats that we are being encouraged to protect.

How long would they be on that for
Will look it up exactly, were on just a few kgs till after xmas. One benefit is you don't have to keep them another summer, wouldn't have grass for them anyway, it's just a pity about the price atm.

That's ok so.
Nope, never said it was, but it would be no harm to reference that it isn't current news so people dont take it out of context. I regularly see media trying to do the same
They went broke, not sure if it was from business trading or "financial mis/management"

Fairly conservative. To get a fat score under 16 months most are ad-libbing for 5 months + o. High maize mix + the best silage they have. Minimum 10 kg a day avgas much as 15 kg a day.
Sent 16 overage bulls a fortnight ago. They were 6 weeks overage as I couldn’t find any factory to take them. Base price €3.10+ vat. I’ll have results next week. We don’t get paid until 21-28 days after slaughter. I’d be expecting them to weigh 450+kg. Mostly Limx and Chx with two Hex. The Hex will bring down the average weights.
They’ve been on ad-lib maize crimp since 5mts old...I’d be sore if I had to buy it.

Sent 16 overage bulls a fortnight ago. They were 6 weeks overage as I couldn’t find any factory to take them. Base price €3.10+ vat. I’ll have results next week. We don’t get paid until 21-28 days after slaughter. I’d be expecting them to weigh 450+kg. Mostly Limx and Chx with two Hex. The Hex will bring down the average weights.
They’ve been on ad-lib maize crimp since 5mts old...I’d be sore if I had to buy it.
Is it 16 months with ye aswell?

Yes.
They paid €3.10 for 16-24mts. For 2-9yr old bulls they were offering €2.80.
To get them slaughtered I’d to send them 16 cull cows...they can’t get enough dairy culls. Since the lockdown mince meat is in big demand.
Yes, seems to be similar here with mince which I cant really fathom when the burger joints have all been closed. Seems strange that household usage of mince could have gone up to compensate

Around 7 kg plus high dmd silage.

11 kg per day for the finishing period, split in two feeds, plus rough silage and straw mix ad lib. Takes about 80 days of that minimum for us. Expensive hobby with beef price the way it is this summer though.

Back