Mobile and Internet packages

Are these new €18 Nokia's available on any packages yet, I like the look of them

Are these new €18 Nokia's available on any packages yet, I like the look of them

I was of the impression they were only going to be marketed in developing countries, seem a good value package if you just want a simple phone c/w camera and torch, 30 day battery life on a charge, we could all use that.

I see Vodafone are now offering unlimited data. There’s a limit on 10mbps on there cheaper plan . Question I have is ,is that speed limit really going to hamper watching YouTube Netflix or been on here . Or is it a case of for rural Ireland your lucky to get 10mbps ?

I see Vodafone are now offering unlimited data. There’s a limit on 10mbps on there cheaper plan . Question I have is ,is that speed limit really going to hamper watching YouTube Netflix or been on here . Or is it a case of for rural Ireland your lucky to get 10mbps ?

Unlimited mobile data? What plan

All plans by the looks of it . Only heard the ad on the radio and looked it up .@Ozzy Scott

Attachments

• 51F1DC24-5D0E-45C5-9FF0-B4F8AC49B56A.png
    51F1DC24-5D0E-45C5-9FF0-B4F8AC49B56A.png
    77.3 KB · Views: 23
All plans by the looks of it . Only heard the ad on the radio and looked it up .@Ozzy Scott
I've a better deal than that from Vodafone, same cost with 100 mins/ month to anywhere in the world, Max speed 10mbps kinda says you might see this speed occasionally but most of the time you will have a fraction of it, it would be a lot mor truthful if the guaranteed a minimum of over so many Mbts.

For a Tenner more per month it is unlimited.

Any idea what the existing 25/35 package states on this? I should know as I use that and have no issues using it for hooking a tablet up but that's just for here and other browsing.

Any idea what the existing 25/35 package states on this? I should know as I use that and have no issues using it for hooking a tablet up but that's just for here and other browsing.[/QUOTE]
:blink::blink::fish::fish:

Any idea what the existing 25/35 package states on this? I should know as I use that and have no issues using it for hooking a tablet up but that's just for here and other browsing.

Herself is paying e30 with eir and worse reception so e35 isn't bad for Vodafone... no Wi-Fi here in the house so unlimited is fairly welcoming. I don't want or need a fancy phone either my contract is up so thinking of signing up for the e35 and keep tipping away with the e150 phone if it's beyond repairable. My last one was after 4 new screens

Done a few speed tests last night and today . Best speed I got was 10.6 download , up load was 2.2 . Mind the broadband at home never got above 6 . Current contract is up so by changing I’ll save €60 and get unlimited data .

Attachments

• AFACF1E2-33FC-41B2-A2D5-9EE1F57DE607.png
    AFACF1E2-33FC-41B2-A2D5-9EE1F57DE607.png
    69 KB · Views: 13
  • 18652CA4-813C-4D81-801E-CE693FC0BC38.png
    18652CA4-813C-4D81-801E-CE693FC0BC38.png
    66.2 KB · Views: 12
  • F9E3DEB7-744B-4EE7-8B21-C95119753C84.png
    F9E3DEB7-744B-4EE7-8B21-C95119753C84.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 12
Herself is paying e30 with eir and worse reception so e35 isn't bad for Vodafone... no Wi-Fi here in the house so unlimited is fairly welcoming. I don't want or need a fancy phone either my contract is up so thinking of signing up for the e35 and keep tipping away with the e150 phone if it's beyond repairable. My last one was after 4 new screens

That's basically what I have been doing here for the past few years and is working thus far.

At the moment I'm on Three, sim only, €20 every 28 days, unlimited data. Speed test last night 35 Mbps down :clap:, at the moment 3 Mbps down :sad:.

I am totally pissed off with 3 tonight, not a hope of loading a page on the 'puter, it's been crap from8 to 10 pm a lot of nights but this is robbery, paying for nothing..:angry:

Three is shocking, have the broadband router with rabbit ears. It was useless, bought an aerial from amazon and it flew for a few days and now seems to be pretty slow again.

Three is shocking, have the broadband router with rabbit ears. It was useless, bought an aerial from amazon and it flew for a few days and now seems to be pretty slow again.
They are best described as a pain in the hole, it started good, up to mid 30's Mbps then went downhill after a few weeks, got onto them and they were all attentive then sent a bloody text reply to say all was in order , miserable shites hadn't the manners to call and discuss had problem been resolved, dis improving ever since, a contract is two way, they are not holding up their end, fook em.

They are best described as a pain in the hole, it started good, up to mid 30's Mbps then went downhill after a few weeks, got onto them and they were all attentive then sent a bloody text reply to say all was in order , miserable shites hadn't the manners to call and discuss had problem been resolved, dis improving ever since, a contract is two way, they are not holding up their end, fook em.

They are best described as a pain in the hole, it started good, up to mid 30's Mbps then went downhill after a few weeks, got onto them and they were all attentive then sent a bloody text reply to say all was in order , miserable shites hadn't the manners to call and discuss had problem been resolved, dis improving ever since, a contract is two way, they are not holding up their end, fook em. Edit, third time of trying to load this reply, I am getting cross now, its so bad it wont load a speed test and the chances of us getting fibre here are years away.

t
They are best described as a pain in the hole, it started good, up to mid 30's Mbps then went downhill after a few weeks, got onto them and they were all attentive then sent a bloody text reply to say all was in order , miserable shites hadn't the manners to call and discuss had problem been resolved, dis improving ever since, a contract is two way, they are not holding up their end, fook em. Edit, third time of trying to load this reply, I am getting cross now, its so bad it wont load a speed test and the chances of us getting fibre here are years away.
this is the shite I have to put up with, wont load then sticks it up 3 times, total bollix in this day and age.

Are there any companies offering aerial on the wall type services in your area?
I was having brutal trouble with Vodafone broadband last few weeks, speed always cat and then it started to drop out 3 or 4 times a day since lockdown presumably with more people including myself working from home etc.

Anyway the wife lost patience a few weeks ago and we rang aptus satellite broadband and went for their ultra package which is supposed to give up to 100mbps.

Long story short the chap arrived out and spent the morning installing it. Not getting 100mbs on the phone but tipping away at 40 to 50 which is serious luxury for us. If it keeps up over time itll have been money well spent

I was having brutal trouble with Vodafone broadband last few weeks, speed always cat and then it started to drop out 3 or 4 times a day since lockdown presumably with more people including myself working from home etc.

Anyway the wife lost patience a few weeks ago and we rang aptus satellite broadband and went for their ultra package which is supposed to give up to 100mbps.

Long story short the chap arrived out and spent the morning installing it. Not getting 100mbs on the phone but tipping away at 40 to 50 which is serious luxury for us. If it keeps up over time itll have been money well spent
How much is that a month? What is upload speed like?

How much is that a month? What is upload speed like?
Its 57 a month and a 75 euro installation fee on a 12 month contract. Got about 10 upload but in fairness to it we have savage thick walls and I wasnt in the same room as the modem. I'll give it a fairer test tomorrow

Back