Daily weather forecast update

Did you not hear the drops around midnight last night :rolleyes2:

It's like being back two weeks ago today with the wind and raw breeze:undecided:
I'd say a steam train could have passed the foot of the bed the other night and I wouldn't have heard it. I know, I was running around trying to find my jacket and woolly hat again

A small bit of rain here last night. Everything is dry again though. Looks like we may get some more rain today, tomorrow and Sunday. However there are 2 conflicting forecasts from the 2 main forecasting models. Gfs is showing a blip in the weather for the next 6 days but also a return to high pressure and relatively good weather. ECMWF is showing the blip too but forecasting much more rain in the 6 day period and showing a breakdown of high pressure to give a wet June overall. So right now it is very unclear where we will be weather wise by this day week. It should become clearer over the weekend.

A very good forecaster to follow is Terry Scholey in the UK. He completes a monthly forecast. He was spot on for March, April and May. He is forecasting that overall in June we will see higher temperatures than average and dryer weather than average.

I passed oldcastle/kells direction last week, winter barley didn't look bad. Spring crops are in bother alright.
Crops here have the awns out now but it's a very short crop. Shaping up to be like 2018 again. The old man was offered straw at 6e a bale think the seller has jumped too soon

I'd say a steam train could have passed the foot of the bed the other night and I wouldn't have heard it. I know, I was running around trying to find my jacket and woolly hat again

You didn't have the sunroof up when you were going by at 50km/hr today in the drizzle :whistle::laugh::tt2:

You didn't have the sunroof up when you were going by at 50km/hr today in the drizzle :whistle::laugh::tt2:
I had the heater on try to warm up I was freezing plus I was 20 mins late for dinner tummy was at me. It's like a different climate when you get to over your way. Was spraying maize for a lad just finished and it started to drizzle.

I had the heater on try to warm up I was freezing plus I was 20 mins late for dinner tummy was at me. It's like a different climate when you get to over your way. Was spraying maize for a lad just finished and it started to drizzle.

Some say things are very different to when you get over to our end of the parish alright :Whistle2:

Few heavy showers skirted here today and a real downpour after dinner, not seen anything like that for a,while.

Some say things are very different to when you get over to our end of the parish alright :Whistle2:

Few heavy showers skirted here today and a real downpour after dinner, not seen anything like that for a,while.
We had land taken over your way and it was a different climate over there compared to at home here it used to be unreal usually rain. Are you serious we got a few drops nothing to even get bothered about

We had land taken over your way and it was a different climate over there compared to at home here it used to be unreal usually rain. Are you serious we got a few drops nothing to even get bothered about

Deadly serious about 10-15 minutes of solid rain after 2pm, water ran down the road. I've a picture here!

I know what you mean, the other block of mine over where you have the wheat has It's own climate.

Deadly serious about 10-15 minutes of solid rain after 2pm, water ran down the road. I've a picture here!

I know what you mean, the other block of mine over where you have the wheat has It's own climate.
That's unreal lad. It used to get real windy and dark here a few drops would fall then sun would come out and calm again. Showers only falling in spots. Was chatting to a guy up in Kildare and he was saying it's raining all around him but he's getting nothing

Another dry week ahead for around here..if there's to be second cuts they will be ten weeks away..if we get rain within a fortnight.View attachment 78979
There’s a couple of knowledgeable posters over on the boards weather forum who are calling monsoon season from next Wednesday with the Atlantic back in charge,
Rain is wanted but when the bloody thing starts it mightn’t stop.

There’s a couple of knowledgeable posters over on the boards weather forum who are calling monsoon season from next Wednesday with the Atlantic back in charge,
Rain is wanted but when the bloody thing starts it mightn’t stop.

I just can't see it in the few forecast models that I check. To me, Wednesday to Sunday next week look fairly dry and settled at this stage. Very unusually the models are changing very fast at the moment. We can see big changes in them from morning to night because the weather is so changeable. I suspect we will see a few hurricane tail ends hitting us later in the year.

I still don't see any major downpour in the forecast for the next 2 weeks. Wind is still coming from the North here. In my experience that's going to bring dry weather.

Drought showing around here in the past week.

The lawn was the first signal, growth slowed right down despite having plenty of nitrogen under it. A few winter barley fields on hills are showing the usual lighter patches.

The wind in recent days is further drying things.

Is the outlook for dry weather to continue so? I know it’s tough for growth but I’m still scarred by 2012 and cleaning cubicles in July so I hope to fuck we aren’t gonna have that again!

Drought showing around here in the past week.

The lawn was the first signal, growth slowed right down despite having plenty of nitrogen under it. A few winter barley fields on hills are showing the usual lighter patches.

The wind in recent days is further drying things.

Mustn't have put enough N on my lawn or maybe its just a deficiency, possibly H20 ?
20200607_124909_resize_92.jpg
Got 4mm in showers on Friday, first in a few weeks, around 14mm in total for May

The wind also is burnt the leaves on the hedge during the heat a couple of weeks ago
20200607_140522_resize_71.jpg

Back