Spring oats

I’d be concerned mine will not be ripe in time to plant wheat in its place it’s so green

That's the ripest part of it, the bottom of that field is wetter and obviously when the drought came it was better able to deal with it, very green and only just starting to ripen.

I’d be concerned mine will not be ripe in time to plant wheat in its place it’s so green
Down south definitely had the favoured weather this year. Spring oats already cut around here yesterday, burnt in :no: By the way I wouldn't begrudge it for a minute you suffered enough of a wet year with fusarium septoria and sprouting etc where it suits us better.

Down south definitely had the favoured weather this year. Spring oats already cut around here yesterday, burnt in :no: By the way I wouldn't begrudge it for a minute you suffered enough of a wet year with fusarium septoria and sprouting etc where it suits us better.
The lack of sunlight over the last 6 weeks has really slowed it down

How is it doing roughly gone?

No combines moving around here today, next thing to raining most of the day.

How is it doing roughly gone?

No combines moving around here today, next thing to raining most of the day.
Spring oats ripening rapidly here.

Im afraid that with the possible exception of next Tuesday, I don’t see any weather improvement until the first days of September.....:no:

Wednesday could be a rough day....

Sometimes we need an ignore button :laugh:

Considering the hardship it got gone, 2.9t/acre is not a bad yield at all.

I know if I get that I'll be very pleased.
Negatives vis-a-vis the yield, very good ground and a very well established crop.
Positives vis-a-vis the yield, grown cheaply, very bad drought here and the very high temperatures for 3 consecutive days.
I'm not happy, but there are worse crops I will still have to cut.

Back