Competition pages

FIAT 450

See alot of these site selling tickets for machinery and cars and bits and bobs in between. Are they legit? I think one of these sites got caught out this evening trying to pull a fast one. See one place selling tickets for a case puma with over 8k hrs and the sellers were going to walk away with near 43k pound some money

Know a few people who have won off them and were happy. I never actually bought a ticket but if I was it be off some of the more well known pages.

sure a 4 pot deere got dropped off here for a lad over the road from us who won it. only reason it got dropped off at our place was that the trailer was a curtain sided trailer with no ramps and we just so happened to have a ramp

Just seen a fb page which seemed to try fix it. They some the draw the announcer said one number the computer showed a different and then the computer seemed to switch back to the announcers number. All seemed strange

What's to stop someone doing something like this.

The Dead Donkey
Morty Applebaum bought a donkey from an old farmer for $100. The farmer agreed to deliver the mule the next day. The next day, the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry, but I have some bad news. The donkey died."

"Well, then, just give me my money back," said Morty.

"Can't do that,” replied the farmer. “I went and spent it already."

"OK, then. Just unload the donkey."

"What ya gonna do with him?"

"I'm going to raffle him off."

"You can't raffle off a dead donkey!"

"Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead."

A month later the farmer met up with Morty and asked, "Whatever happened with that dead donkey?"

"I raffled him off. I sold five hundred tickets at two dollars apiece and made a profit of $998."

"Didn't anyone complain?" asked the farmer.

"Just the guy who won,” said Morty. “So I gave him his two dollars back."

My brother won a scania 143 500 off of R king competitions 3 weeks ago, it’s just luck of the draw in my views, if you’re not in it you can’t win it. He often bought 2 tickets for the odd one but bought 4 for this one. It needs a Few minor bits, but for €25 would you really expect it to be 110%?

I was under the impression it is not legal to run a raffle in Ireland for financial gain.

Having said that, it seems to be like was the case with provisional drivers for a long time in this country, whereby you were supposed to have a fully licensed driver with you, but few had and a blind eye was turned.

Much better chance of winning a tractor on one of those raffles than the price of a tractor on the national lottery.

I was under the impression it is not legal to run a raffle in Ireland for financial gain.

Having said that, it seems to be like was the case with provisional drivers for a long time in this country, whereby you were supposed to have a fully licensed driver with you, but few had and a blind eye was turned.

Much better chance of winning a tractor on one of those raffles than the price of a tractor on the national lottery.
a lot of those companies are in NI. havent spotted 1 on this side of the border yet so my guess theres a difference between irish and british laws

Taking R Kings as an example considering they're the most established and reputable of these companies.
They're based in N.I not the Republic, But the loophole they use is that they're considered a game of skill rather than a raffle because you need to answer a ridiculous question each time you enter, for example: Do you eat soup with a knife or a spoon?

Lot's of dodgy looking ones beginning to pop up. I saw one had a pen of ewe lambs up!

Taking R Kings as an example considering they're the most established and reputable of these companies.
They're based in N.I not the Republic, But the loophole they use is that they're considered a game of skill rather than a raffle because you need to answer a ridiculous question each time you enter, for example: Do you eat soup with a knife or a spoon?

Lot's of dodgy looking ones beginning to pop up. I saw one had a pen of ewe lambs up!
bit like what they do for late late show or any of those talk shows that do "giveaways"

The Facebook competition in question has made a complete balls of this and no doubt will be in alot of legal hassle after Saturday nights shenanigans..

Calling out a pre drawn number when the different drawn no was clearly visible.

The rightful winner is a lad in NW England.

Re running the draw and then giving the tractor to a lad in galway.. Not on.

Sounds to me like a move to get the tractor into a different legal juristicion so it's more difficult to recover it...

AFAIK in order to run a fundraising raffle in ROI you need a permit issued by the local Garda Superintendent.

Last edited:
The Facebook competition in question has made a complete balls of this and no doubt will be in alot of legal hassle after Saturday nights shenanigans..

Calling out a pre drawn number when the different drawn no was clearly visible.

The rightful winner is a lad in NW England.

Re running the draw and then giving the tractor to a lad in galway.. Not on.

Sounds to me like a move to get the tractor into a different legal juristicion so it's more difficult to recover it...
Ya they really made a balls of it. I don't even think the number 164 even existed. I could be wrong but I have noticed the same 110 -90 come up twice on different competition sites. The tractor had front weights that were different to the normal ones and made it stood out more. It would just make you wonder

AFAIK in order to run a fundraising raffle in ROI you need a permit issued by the local Garda Superintendent.
I know courtlough shooting grounds in Dublin have run draws for shotguns and other bits entered in for a few Browning's myself

Good god they are really in the crapper now after that fiasco. Wonder how they will get outa this

I wonder if you'd paid by card/PayPal could you request a chargeback/ raise a dispute and get your money back?

Some serious noise being generated over this on social media.. It'll be interesting to see if anything comes of it in terms of legal action or action by the relevant authorities.

I wonder if you'd paid by card/PayPal could you request a chargeback/ raise a dispute and get your money back?

Some serious noise being generated over this on social media.. It'll be interesting to see if anything comes of it in terms of legal action or action by the relevant authorities.
Since covid every second page on FB is a competition site. They seem to be able to operate away under the radar but if this blows up rules and regulations prob be landed on them

Back