jf 850' s pics

@gone and @Mf240 pulled the cheque books.
I Bought this about 3 weeks ago . Went to get a wheel cylinder and a gearstick knob.
Left into garage by a retiring farmer to be sold. I Had no notion but the handy hours sowed a seed.
A neighbour of mine saw it driving the harvester , and described it as " a pocket rocket ". 4 cyl 128 hp according to tractor data.

20200602_181523.jpg 20200602_181456.jpg 20200602_181424.jpg

Last edited:
Well wear with it JF, a fine tractor?

How does it compare to your other newer one?

Same tractor but more power basically?

Did you trade in the 12145:deyective:

I Bought this about 3 weeks ago . Went to get a wheel cylinder and a gearstick knob.
Left into garage by a retiring farmer to be sold. I Had no notion but the handy hours sowed a seed.
A neighbour of mine saw it driving the harvester , and described it as " a pocket rocket ". 4 cyl 128 hp according to tractor data.

View attachment 79875 View attachment 79876 View attachment 79877

Best of luck with it jf. Ye're all buying, are Ye afraid Pippa is going to ban tractor sales.......:laugh:

Well wear with it JF, a fine tractor?

How does it compare to your other newer one?

Same tractor but more power basically?

Did you trade in the 12145:deyective:

It is more or less the same tractor in ways.
Same capacity engine , but a lot more gutsy . Supposedly 20 hp more , and feels every bit of it . Wider tyres . We put the weights on the 10641 , when using the buckrake , but dropped them to put back on the loader . 14 or 15 x 50 kg is too much for what id be doing . Makes it Noddy.
No . 12145 has the agitator left on it. I was going to work the harvester with it still and mower with 12441 , but 3 spools suited JF better. The scrap harvester had hyd controls for the spout , and another needed for pick up. Also , i got a contractor to mow it in 10 fts . The Surgeon hadn't the mower ready. Anyway , it freed up me to do the milking .
It was from the farmer himself that I bought the tractor . He , and I, both gave garage man something for his trouble .

Best of luck with it jf. Ye're all buying, are Ye afraid Pippa is going to ban tractor sales.......:laugh:

Thanks DB.:Thumbp2: .
Strange enough . Within a mile of here.
I got that , Mf240 got his MF , a lad who has a small farm and works in an engineeringplace bought a nice 1995 MF 390T 4 wd , to replace a sick engined 165. A retired teacher/ suckler farmer landed a Landini Powrrfarm 2 wd with New Rossmore loader , to replace a 135 , that he bought around 1990...

Well ware jf,best of luck with it.looks well minded

Thanks baz . Time will tell , buts seems that way.

Well wear @jf 850 an honest background to a machine gives great peace of mind.

That was the impression I got from garage man , and the reason I bought it. No point in being sorry afterwards, Nd giving ages looking for another. 3499 hrs on it now.

i see the central bank is worried about a run on savings @jf850 , you lads had better stop buying tractors or the stock market will collapse :wink: best of luck with her

View attachment 79875 View attachment 79876 View attachment 79877

Well wear with her. theres a fair weight block on her. the yard looks familer.

i see the central bank is worried about a run on savings @jf850 , you lads had better stop buying tractors or the stock market will collapse :wink: best of luck with her

The stock market doesn't rely on my involvement. I foolishly bought a handful of Eircom Shares , and that was my education in stocks and shares. :scratchhead:

Not sure if its 14 or 15 x 50 kg weights . I think you know the yard owner well .:wink: @Peter

The stock market doesn't rely on my involvement. I foolishly bought a handful of Eircom Shares , and that was my education in stocks and shares. :scratchhead:

Not sure if its 14 or 15 x 50 kg weights . I think you know the yard owner well .:wink: @Peter

What was it doing with previous owner. Do you know. Has he a reason for all the weights

What was it doing with previous owner. Do you know. Has he a reason for all the weights

He still has a Kubota with a loader. He used it agitating , spreading slurry ,fertiliser and 3 days hedgecutting in the last 2 years , because he asked me did I want to buy a McConnell PA93.

I think that's a full set of weights . You can put on as many or few as you like . shorter bit of threaded bar if using less.

Back