Case cs 110 Fault code

Dave IH

Hi. Cs 110 displaying fault code 90 and not able to select foward or reverse and the powershifts are blocked. Have checked solenoids on side of gearbox, plugged them all in and out and code remains all the time. Wiring going to them seems ok too along with wires under gear lever, haven't opened gear lever itself yet though. Anyone any ideas?

Hi. Cs 110 displaying fault code 90 and not able to select foward or reverse and the powershifts are blocked. Have checked solenoids on side of gearbox, plugged them all in and out and code remains all the time. Wiring going to them seems ok too along with wires under gear lever, haven't opened gear lever itself yet though. Anyone any ideas?
90 is a short in the control valve, so if the wiring is ok then it could be a solenoid failed and shorting out. Does the code appear with just ignition on?

Win is right it's a short in the control valve but I know on the deutz fault 90 more often than not is a power problem from the fuse board to the ecu not sure could it be the same on a case. Might be no harm to check the fuse and what volts is there

Win is right it's a short in the control valve but I know on the deutz fault 90 more often than not is a power problem from the fuse board to the ecu not sure could it be the same on a case. Might be no harm to check the fuse and what volts is there
Fuses are ok and Have power at both fuses under dash for transmission. When I remove fuse f24 EE flashes up on display instead of 90, so is that not then sending signal to ecu? Any of the relays linked to the transmission?

I'm not sure the set up on the case but on the deutz it's normally a bad spot on the fuse board can be fixed with a fused jumper wire. Might be no harm to see can u follow the track from the fuse to the plug and see can u bye pass it to test. Hope I'm not putting u wrong

Fuses are ok and Have power at both fuses under dash for transmission. When I remove fuse f24 EE flashes up on display instead of 90, so is that not then sending signal to ecu? Any of the relays linked to the transmission?
EE with that fuse out is correct, in the summary of codes it says to check voltage at terminal 30, I guess this is at the transmission controller. i'll go through the manual proper and see what's to check.

I'm not sure the set up on the case but on the deutz it's normally a bad spot on the fuse board can be fixed with a fused jumper wire. Might be no harm to see can u follow the track from the fuse to the plug and see can u bye pass it to test. Hope I'm not putting u wrong
Thanks, will have a look again.

EE with that fuse out is correct, in the summary of codes it says to check voltage at terminal 30, I guess this is at the transmission controller. i'll go through the manual proper and see what's to check.
Thanks, that would be great. Have a man calling to it today, hopefully he might know more.

Have a 150 here as well and when I remove fuse f19 code 90 comes up and gearbox shuts down same as 110. Does workshop manual say which wire and plug that fuse is supplying leaving fuse board. Deutz638 may be right, or else it’s further along that line??

Have a 150 here as well and when I remove fuse f19 code 90 comes up and gearbox shuts down same as 110. Does workshop manual say which wire and plug that fuse is supplying leaving fuse board. Deutz638 may be right, or else it’s further along that line??
Seems F19 is supplying two terminals on the transmission controller as below. Had a break in the signal wire from clutch pedal sensor a while back on one, thought it was the multi pin plug where the wires come out of the cab behind engine but never really proved it so ran a new wire straight to controller from pedal. You will have to check and see if one or both wires have power in them.
IMG_2023.JPG

Got sorted eventually lads. When taking fuse f19 out of the 150 could hear a click in transmission controller, with fuse in there was power going to the 5 solenoids and nothing with it out, and I had no power to the solenoids on the 110 so then knew that fuse must be feeding them. Figured which wire it was leaving the fuse board by using the 150 again and plugging in and out the fuse and seeing which wire would loose power. Wire A287. Had power leaving the fuse board On the 110 and traced wire back to behind gear leaver where it enters cab where it still had power. Couldn’t find it inside until I completely removed panel and blew out around gear leaver properly with compressor. End of wire was corroded and broken off spade connector. Guessing that from that junction of spade connectors is where it splits into 2 feeds Win. Will look more closely tomorrow when repairing it properly. Thanks Win & Deutz 638 for putting me on the right track.

Back