Mchale F550

c4l

Long story short just after getting a mchale f550. didnt even have the welger for a year and things cropped up so dad cut his losses and its leaving the country. have a few questions about particular things. we know the past owner of the baler. said that there is something wrong with the oiler but he couldnt figure out what the issue was before he sold it. were there any common issues with the oiler?

what is this for?
IMG_20200630_174532.jpg

netting is set at 10 according to the drawing. what do the numbers mean exactly?
IMG_20200630_174705.jpg

how'd you work the clock ie. how'd you reset the bale counter?

Long story short just after getting a mchale f550. didnt even have the welger for a year and things cropped up so dad cut his losses and its leaving the country. have a few questions about particular things. we know the past owner of the baler. said that there is something wrong with the oiler but he couldnt figure out what the issue was before he sold it. were there any common issues with the oiler?

what is this for?
IMG_20200630_174532.jpg

netting is set at 10 according to the drawing. what do the numbers mean exactly?
IMG_20200630_174705.jpg

how'd you work the clock ie. how'd you reset the bale counter?
That rusty bracket is to rest the pto shaft when off tractor ,
Oiler could be blocked , worse case is a new one ,
Net wise , 3-4 is the norm , I think it’s the amount of rotations on the bale

Reactions: c4l
You can manually adjust the oiler to put out more oil which can blow out the blockage seemingly it’s a problem with f550 but I never had that problem, setting 3-4 as said above, u press and hold the total a b button to reset bale counter, u press a b button and man auto buttons at the same time to reset the grease counter otherwise it keeps beeping and drive u demented, if u ring balinrobe they will send u a book and tell u how to adjust the oiler.

On the handle above the drawing there's 8 notches. Go down 3 or 4 notches from the top to set the netting?
As well when we were figuring out the hydraulics, there's a 5th hose which we're thinking is knife pressure as everytime we move the spool in the cab the bottom dial is goes up and down and that has the knife symbol. Do you just leave it as is the or what then?

On the handle above the drawing there's 8 notches. Go down 3 or 4 notches from the top to set the netting?
As well when we were figuring out the hydraulics, there's a 5th hose which we're thinking is knife pressure as everytime we move the spool in the cab the bottom dial is goes up and down and that has the knife symbol. Do you just leave it as is the or what then?

The 5th hose is a free flow return and must be plugged in at all times. That's why your pressure is building up.

What issues did ye have with the Welger? I thought they had a good reputation.
they would in fairness. before we got it, was sitting in a shed in bantry for a few years. lack of use got to it me thinks. all in all, bad purchase on our part.

Netting issues ?
she netted fine. had one moment when putting a new roll on and the brake had loosened. more of where you would not like to see rust problem. also i think my old man prefers mchale over welger. im more of a welger man myself
on another note, would fitting one of those plastic sheets behind the pick up be of any help. saw a few f550's with them fitted so im wondering if it be of any use for shorter grass?

she netted fine. had one moment when putting a new roll on and the brake had loosened. more of where you would not like to see rust problem. also i think my old man prefers mchale over welger. im more of a welger man myself
on another note, would fitting one of those plastic sheets behind the pick up be of any help. saw a few f550's with them fitted so im wondering if it be of any use for shorter grass?
Yes definitely a help .

Plum that hose straight to the back end , there is a point on the tm you can make up a fitting ,

Personally l find slot 3 is not quite enough net
Use slot 4 mainly or 5 if baleing hay/straw that is going to be multi handled.

best of luck ,where did you pick up the 550
Picked it up in bantry direction. Baler originally came from carrigaline, was in Atkins for a bit and then bantry

Gave it a test run today. Clock would want a new speaker. Could barely hear it for 1 bale and the next you won't. Bearings for the aluminium roller for the netting were seized and bale pressure valve is leaking a bit of oil.
We were wondering where the latches for the door f were but would I be right in assuming that's what the free flow return was for?

Picked it up in bantry direction. Baler originally came from carrigaline, was in Atkins for a bit and then bantry

Gave it a test run today. Clock would want a new speaker. Could barely hear it for 1 bale and the next you won't. Bearings for the aluminium roller for the netting were seized and bale pressure valve is leaking a bit of oil.
We were wondering where the latches for the door f were but would I be right in assuming that's what the free flow return was for?
Unfortunately the latches for your door are gone overseas with the Welger. Them clocks would usually deafen you, check see is there something stuck to speaker

You can turn up the volume in the menu setting

Back