What are you up to in the workshop?

Would you know where i would get one of those vibrating things ??

its not on your doorstep, but you will get the idea,
http://www.globalmanufacturing.com/products/motor_driven/hydraulic.asp
the c3 is the smallest but still would be overkill,
either way it looks like a small morgage:lol::lol:.
you could make one, with a bit of thought.

slope the sides better and raise it a bit to compensate, it ill be a whole lot cheaper.
if you are goin to use it every day i be makin life as easy as poss no doubt,
but i suspect it ill only be used now and again, like the rest of the stone cart posse.

I hope you have a CAD system avaliable for such major works, and also replating of course.:001_unsure:

I posted your laddie a reply I await the response:no:

Iv been doing lots of these lose pipework TIGed on the bench installed in situ for a customer, open root pipe welding has never been my thing TBH... Its as dull as it looks:angry:...

Attachments

• 2009_0422plasma0075.jpg
    2009_0422plasma0075.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 201
to revive an old thread rather than starting a new one.

the last few days ive been making a few things that would make life handier, been meaning to get round to them for a bit now, so i spent the last few days making up some useful (to me) stuff.

first a roller for the saw and iron worker.
secondly a pair of strong horses.
and last but not least a chair to take the weight off my feet while punching holes.
made from an old office chair that the base had broken on, its still adjustable too:001_cool:

Attachments

• DSCF8524.jpg
    DSCF8524.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 177
  • DSCF8526.jpg
    DSCF8526.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 167
  • DSCF8537.jpg
    DSCF8537.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 149
  • DSCF8536.jpg
    DSCF8536.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCF8545.jpg
    DSCF8545.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 166
Some nice work there. Them rollers are fierce handy. You look like a man gearing up to make a shed :whistling:

Some nice work there. Them rollers are fierce handy. You look like a man gearing up to make a shed :whistling:
:lol:, i had a different way of going about things, these things will make it that bit handier i hope.

all i need now is a side loader forklift:whistling:

Some nice work there. Them rollers are fierce handy. :whistling:

that what I need for the shed as well ,theres nothing worse than cutting metal propped up on whatever is lying about and then it falls when its in the saw :blushing:
no decent jobs on just now just patching pig gates etc

im in the middle of making another smaller one too.
all made from off cuts and scrap lying about.
i like to do stuff like that now and again for myself, there is a good feeling about it, rather than see it go out the gate if you know what i mean.

:thumbup1: sure there is tinman ,its great to see stuff that you have had time to do as it should be done even if its something like a well hung gate ,sadly most of ours is hurry jobs

you can send those strong horses down here Tinman never a chance to get around to them sort of things myself note this weeks work with the 406x178x60 propped in a practice HSE would have a fit over....

look a tidy pair of horses not likely to snap:001_smile:

More structural at the mo. a 20x60' mono pitch 4m on the short flank with an 18 degree rise eves are 356x127 material I had aquired some time ago but its going out on new price:yes: ....... want to get it blasted and painted by Wednesday as the materials are turning up for a 80x80' 20' to the eves..... anyone wanting my stockholders bill this month is welcolme...

DSC01195.jpg

DSC01199.jpg

you can send those strong horses down here Tinman never a chance to get around to them sort of things myself note this weeks work with the 406x178x60 propped in a practice HSE would have a fit over....

look a tidy pair of horses not likely to snap:001_smile:

More structural at the mo. a 20x60' mono pitch 4m on the short flank with an 18 degree rise eves are 356x127 material I had aquired some time ago but its going out on new price:yes: ....... want to get it blasted and painted by Wednesday as the materials are turning up for a 80x80' 20' to the eves..... anyone wanting my stockholders bill this month is welcolme...

View attachment 4847

View attachment 4848

Are you sure it will be strong enough:lol::lol:

I had aquired some time ago but its going out on new price:yes:

doesn;t happen very often, had a bits like that in the last few weeks, its lifts the hearts much more than when you realise the price of stuff dropped and its still sitting in the yard!

workshop for Mon to Fri is mostly boring paying the bills stuff..the weekend is different. My dads workshop, where everything gets a second chance :thumbup:

long term project has been to restore my cousins '66 vw split screen camper. Its got a engine from a 87 crewcab pickup.

todays misson was to offload the pickup, its been lying round yard for 2 years now and is becoming a uneasy topic of converation at the sun dinner table!

involved dragging it up on my beloved tri axle and heading down to kilkenny to new owner....got there this morning to see I'd carved a nice groove in trailer aluminum floor pushing the pickup on with a the tractor loader :no:

will post pics for comment/ingenius solutions tomorrow!

Attachments

• T2 diesel mutant 003.jpg
    T2 diesel mutant 003.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 146
ok prob not as bad as I was thinking, pretty wide, bout 4-5mm was worried about the heat warping the plate if I went welding it....was going to plate over it and bolt through timber?

its always the way, nice simple jobs, like day out hauling to kilkenny arnt!:001_rolleyes:

Attachments

• trailer gash 002.jpg
    trailer gash 002.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 142
  • trailer gash 003.jpg
    trailer gash 003.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 141
ok prob not as bad as I was thinking, pretty wide, bout 4-5mm was worried about the heat warping the plate if I went welding it....was going to plate over it and bolt through timber?

its always the way, nice simple jobs, like day out hauling to kilkenny arnt!:001_rolleyes:
is it cut right through:confused1:

Back