What are you up to in the workshop?

Tonight I am "helping" Fred to paint his bumper.
This involves him fecking off out for a meal While I am left to get on with it. :001_rolleyes:

Considering the conditions i haven't done a bad job of it.
His idea of a spray booth involves enough draping sheets of polythene to recreate a Santas grotto type of affair, enough obstacles for anyone to break their neck even without an airline to get tangles on allsorts and enough crap lying about to make sure it is impossible to get all the way round the piece being sprayed.
I even had an avalanche of paint tins half way through the last attempt. I made a complete bollocks of that one, but that was nowt to do with the avalanche, it was entirely down to me. He rubbed that one down again and it was nice enough to do it outside one day this week.
I think there were only about 3 mossies stuck in it :lol:

Got around to a job I've meant to do for a few months.

Wired up a redundant freeview tv receiver to the stereo and a portable tv. Now I can get the digital radio channels rather than the usual wittering idiots.

Kerrang radio - Lets Rock!

N

Got around to a job I've meant to do for a few months.

Wired up a redundant freeview tv receiver to the stereo and a portable tv. Now I can get the digital radio channels rather than the usual wittering idiots.

Kerrang radio - Lets Rock!

N
now there is a good idea, something i often wondered about, how the hell to get a good reception on the workshop radio,
id be standing at the bench and can hear the reception no bother, move to the floor and its gone, tried a few radios and they are all pretty much the same, tried a wire and it wasnt much better.

so seeing since i never had a free view box, if you dont mind me asking, just about how many radio channels can you get with one neil ?
i take it the tv is to see the listings.

Tinny, have a look on here.

http://www.freeviewhd-tv.co.uk/freeview-tv-channels-radio-stations/

It would probably make more sense to get a digital radio for the workshop, but I happened to have the freeview box and the TV as household cast offs.
In theory now I could hide out there and watch Film4 all day. :whistling:
Think we've a cast off DVD player too but that might be too much distraction. I had an old laptop and the Lost Boys dvd in tractor cab last year chasing the combine.

I have a set-top tv aerial pointing towards our local mast (10 miles), so that must help.

Neil

Those magnetic earth clamps are great, couldn't hold a drawing on the board without one:whistling: useless at earthing ott though, for thick work I always just do the mole grip trick far quicker than any wind down type clamps..

Stockholders have played a blinder this week, ordered some 356x171 in 12M lengths, and they sent em out in 16M lengths, So Im now scraping 4M lengths of 356x171....

Instead of 457x191 in 6M lengths they sent me 533x210 in 12M, then phoned me and asked if I could make do:sneaky2:

Sounds like IMS?

started this the other day , got back to it today then ran out of mig wire :001_rolleyes: any guesses

Attachments

• Photo001 [800x600].jpg
    Photo001 [800x600].jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 139
  • Photo006 [800x600].jpg
    Photo006 [800x600].jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 127
  • Photo009 [800x600].jpg
    Photo009 [800x600].jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 120
Can't get in the workshop at the moment for 40mm box section!
Bought a pile and it turned out to be a few tonnes!!!!!

Thought I'd give a few on here a chance before the ebay idiots.

40 x 40 x 3mm box, in 2.4m (8') lengths, used but straight and not welded or drilled. Mixture of finishes, some electroplated, some in grey primer.

Great for gates, feed barriers and feeders. I've made 16' gates and just made sure the joints had a vertical brace above them and welded well.
Also made a 8' calving gate for every pen of cattle, to save having to get them out into a crush to calve them.
Plan to make square feeders for next winter for bales too.

Need £400 plus vat per tonne

probably best to be local to North Yorkshire, Thirsk. Just next to A19. Can load for you (weighbridge on neighbouring farm)

pm for more details,
Neil

Attachments

• shed gate.jpg
    shed gate.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Image078.jpg
    Image078.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 103
its going to carry some weight...
looks good so far.
do you think it will hold cycles, not your weld now, just the frame in general, if its anything like the weight of my harrow its a decent weight.

feken hope so, not wanting to brake when flat out on the road :scared: . obviously there is still a bar to run from top link to top of headstock

Nice harrow, not long outa the box by the looks of it.
got it the back end of last year only done about 20 acres of work , had to get it as farmers were starting to ask for 1 , its mainly for grass reseeds not much barley grown round here

got it the back end of last year only done about 20 acres of work , had to get it as farmers were starting to ask for 1 , its mainly for grass reseeds not much barley grown round here
I take it you want to keep it as a rear mounted machine as well?, think the headstock & gearbox can be turned round the other way...not 100% sure.

feken hope so, not wanting to brake when flat out on the road :scared: . obviously there is still a bar to run from top link to top of headstock
what if you plated in the two triangular areas on both sides with a bit of 6mm?

also, would a gusset on each of the main arm plates help it ?
looking at it you would only have the land for one on each but it would take the brunt of the pressure.

it will need to still go on the back as well . theres a dealer down in the boarders thats made a few he told us it doesnt need to be all that heavy .feeling confident about it anyway
here a pic posted on here a while ago

Attachments

• front_harrow.jpg
    front_harrow.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 117
Back