What are you up to in the workshop?

I use a height adjustable hitch on my van, mighty bit of kit even though there is a bit of play....will try and dig up photos..
i have one of them, the dear version as well. they are a good job.
this is a multi veichle trailer tho.

got a tractor lying in bits in the workshop , fortunately ive managed to steer clear of it so far .
it started jumping out of gear and then loosing drive , the loosing drive could just have been the filters choked and loosing oil pressure , got onto the man in the know and he reckoned it it could have been a nut on the end of 1 of the gear had come slack , it can be seen from the side cover on the gearbox but has to be split to tighten it , sure enough side cover off and the nut had come slack so tractor split , clutch out , revoshift gearbox out and into the nut to replace it , turns out the clutch plates were just about done so there getting replaced to

Attachments

• Photo009 [800x600].jpg
    Photo009 [800x600].jpg
    53 KB · Views: 89
  • Photo011 [800x600].jpg
    Photo011 [800x600].jpg
    59 KB · Views: 83
  • Photo022 [800x600].jpg
    Photo022 [800x600].jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Photo027 [800x600].jpg
    Photo027 [800x600].jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Photo028 [800x600].jpg
    Photo028 [800x600].jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 84
got a tractor lying in bits in the workshop , fortunately ive managed to steer clear of it so far .
it started jumping out of gear and then loosing drive , the loosing drive could just have been the filters choked and loosing oil pressure , got onto the man in the know and he reckoned it it could have been a nut on the end of 1 of the gear had come slack , it can be seen from the side cover on the gearbox but has to be split to tighten it , sure enough side cover off and the nut had come slack so tractor split , clutch out , revoshift gearbox out and into the nut to replace it , turns out the clutch plates were just about done so there getting replaced to
them claas are in quite a bit:001_unsure::001_unsure:for work:thumbdown:

nice bit of stripping to get that far.
nice to find the problem too.

Got a tractor jumping out of gear too my "man in the know" said it could be the same nut after loosening.We split the tractor and found bugger all loose.
I don't know what to do next with it:confused1:

Got a tractor jumping out of gear too my "man in the know" said it could be the same nut after loosening.We split the tractor and found bugger all loose.
I don't know what to do next with it:confused1:
is it a claas?

will be the same box as that 1 then its a claas 656 , check the forks , theres a plastic coating on the end of the forks if the plastic wears through the metal wears in no time and the gears dont engage properly , we had a 696 do it , it had a creeper gear and it was the creeper that kept jumping out

will be the same box as that 1 then its a claas 656 , check the forks , theres a plastic coating on the end of the forks if the plastic wears through the metal wears in no time and the gears dont engage properly , we had a 696 do it , it had a creeper gear and it was the creeper that kept jumping out
Can't see any wear in it.It jumps out of B in the forward high range and reverse in low range.

Wasn't the 32 speed 'box in the 3000 series the one that gave all the trouble with some nut coming loose and then most were converted to 16 speed?

tines now i guess, and a frame, it looks good n strong so far neway.:thumbup1:
Yep, tines only arrived on Monday....put a few on to hold it up, ain't been at it much this week as I've had a dose of the cold...

Getting there tho.

Last edited:
take it your making the roller hight adjustable , is there something going onto the back of it or is that the frame for pushing it

take it your making the roller hight adjustable , is there something going onto the back of it or is that the frame for pushing it
Yeah, the 2 plates sitting with the holes will be welded on for adjustment....just another A frame going on the back.

Nope a massey 3080 with the 32 speed box.................:thumbdown:

Wasn't the 32 speed 'box in the 3000 series the one that gave all the trouble with some nut coming loose and then most were converted to 16 speed?
yes, they were prone to it, you used to have to weld the new nut in place.
but was it not from 40k to 30k that was changed on some of them instead of the amount of gears.

jpt, check the syncromesh cluster, iirc there is 3-4 small fine plates with ridges in them that the syncro shifts on, there is two spring clips made out of wire as well, these can go weak, they basically hold her in gear til you change, altho cycles is right about the plastic on the forks as well but you say they are good.
if the teeth are worn on the main gear, even slightly it will cause her to slip out as well.

was she grinding into these gear's at any stage?

yes, they were prone to it, you used to have to weld the new nut in place.
but was it not from 40k to 30k that was changed on some of them instead of the amount of gears.

jpt, check the syncromesh cluster, iirc there is 3-4 small fine plates with ridges in them that the syncro shifts on, there is two spring clips made out of wire as well, these can go weak, they basically hold her in gear til you change, altho cycles is right about the plastic on the forks as well but you say they are good.
if the teeth are worn on the main gear, even slightly it will cause her to slip out as well.

was she grinding into these gear's at any stage?
No Tinman not grinding into gear at any stage i priced the syncro cluster its e775+vat:thumbdown: tractor is now jumping out of gear when its on any slight downhill slope so getting dangerous.
I was thinking of sticking a 16 speed box into it but not having much luck finding one any Massey breakers around your parish.

my 3630 started jumping out of gear once, i fixed it by replace int the nylon ball that fits into the cup on the bottom of the gearstick under the cab.
o and the 32speed non dynashift was a very trouble some box and as nash says a lot were converted to 16 speed.

Been at this craic for the past few days....putting new bushes in the tines.

The 1355 is on the old setup of pins & 2 split pins...

Last edited:
...& the 1365 is on with the new & improved bolt setup....easier to take on & off, & I'd say the bushes wear less....but the bolts are scrap & had to put a new set in along with the bushes.....so that's an extra £400 for the nuts & bolts :scared: just to save a bit of time....better off with the old setup.

Last edited:
whats so special about them bolts that they cost £400 for a set

how many how long and what length
There's 56 bolts, 10.9, 90mm long with about 18mm of thread & them damaged type nuts that I can't mind the name of...crimped?.....the length of thread is the important bit...they have to be tight, but still able to swing freely.

There's 56 bolts, 10.9, 90mm long with about 18mm of thread & them damaged type nuts that I can't mind the name of...crimped?.....the length of thread is the important bit...they have to be tight, but still able to swing freely.
still, £400, id of been looking at 110mm long ones and choppin off 20mm if it was possible.

i use these lads for some of my fixings, i find them good, havnt stumped them yet with a bolt, they carry a good stock.
http://www.ljmt.co.uk/index.htm

still, £400, id of been looking at 110mm long ones and choppin off 20mm if it was possible.

i use these lads for some of my fixings, i find them good, havnt stumped them yet with a bolt, they carry a good stock.
http://www.ljmt.co.uk/index.htm
Don't fancy chopping them for that job.

Not being smart but I get bolts fairly cheap :thumbup:....if I'm reading the bolt descriptions on your link right....probablly not ....then about half the price of them.

Here's a few I got lately, just to compare.

Last edited:
Back