97.3 KB · Views: 208
  • 2011-08-10 12.09.39.jpg
    2011-08-10 12.09.39.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 199
Nice few photos.

If this is hobby farming then I am afraid I fall in there too. :thumbup1:

You like the MF 300 series I see.

What is your combine - a NH 1540?

Nice piccies. If anyone starts throwing crap at you for "only being a hobby farmer", at least you'll be smug in the knowledge that you enjoyed yourself, and quite possibly made a few pennies out of it too.

Very good indeed. Great pics and very tidy gear. :thumbup1: Where in Cork are you farming funkey farmer?

Hey nash the combine is the uncles it's a 1530 , gone over to the mf's over the last 10 years old man started with a db995 moved to a case 1390 was thinking of changing to ford but couldn't find one thats wasn't battered came across the 390 so got that and kept the 1390 as we wouldn't get much for it, last year decided to get rid off the 1390 and were looking for a 390t but went for the 399 cos he wanted a 4wd so thought a bit of spare power would be handy to be honest they suit us as they are light on the ground and light on fuel which this weather is a big plus.as regards the hobby farming it's to keep me sane, don't do to much at the mo. A the old man prob won't stop till he's 6 feet under I also think he is after getting a machinery bug the last few years lol.
Hey mike down near kinsale, how about you?

Hey nash the combine is the uncles it's a 1530 , gone over to the mf's over the last 10 years old man started with a db995 moved to a case 1390 was thinking of changing to ford but couldn't find one thats wasn't battered came across the 390 so got that and kept the 1390 as we wouldn't get much for it, last year decided to get rid off the 1390 and were looking for a 390t but went for the 399 cos he wanted a 4wd so thought a bit of spare power would be handy to be honest they suit us as they are light on the ground and light on fuel which this weather is a big plus.as regards the hobby farming it's to keep me sane, don't do to much at the mo. A the old man prob won't stop till he's 6 feet under I also think he is after getting a machinery bug the last few years lol.
Hey mike down near kinsale, how about you?[/QUOTE]

Hi. I'm down the east of the county. Between the youghal and garryvoe area.
Nice machine the 1530. See one for €2k in atkins when reading the journal earlier. Not too bad I guess.

Hey mike down near kinsale, how about you?

a lot of grain around kinsale , :thumbup1: i have seen the 390 before ,we are drawing some winter barley straw from jim o regans whenever it drys up

a lot of grain around kinsale , :thumbup1: i have seen the 390 before ,we are drawing some winter barley straw from jim o regans whenever it drys up
used to draw with it up till last year ,think I had close call with one of jims tractors yesterday met one of then between the grotto and ballnaspittle he was going around a fella on a bike not much room on that section of road at the best of times:scared:

Good looking crop there too, no drought there?
Looks nice from afar any way dought wasn.t much of a problem but the cold start was the main one and a boo boo on our part that we never copped till this year we've an old vicon wagtail we always thought it was a 40ft spread but as we found out this year it's not so the crop is stronger near to the tramlines this year is just showing it up more so we've upgraded to a amazone spinner for next year going to br interesting learning who to set it up properly ,I'll be back next spring looking for advice:confused1:

used to draw with it up till last year ,think I had close call with one of jims tractors yesterday met one of then between the grotto and ballnaspittle he was going around a fella on a bike not much room on that section of road at the best of times:scared:

know it well used to draw alot of straw from john bar as well ,ur grain is going to barryroe so:thumbup: has jimmy nyhan and co started practice for the ploughing match yet?

Last edited:
Don't think I know jimmy nyhan then again I've a head like a sive for names.

Back at it today

Attachments

• 2011-08-14 17.59.55.jpg
    2011-08-14 17.59.55.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 142
Had the moisture dropped much today? A brilliant day - pity there is not another 10 like it :sweatdrop:

Don't know yet(fecking barryroe was closed today) but it looked better in the trailer than the last load got 3 loads ready to go in the morning one in the uncles trailer from hell had hoped to avoid it this year. could do with a few good weeks alright

Don't know yet(fecking barryroe was closed today) but it looked better in the trailer than the last load got 3 loads ready to go in the morning one in the uncles trailer from hell had hoped to avoid it this year. could do with a few good weeks alright

was over that way yesterday ,the supermarket was open in the co op ,pity about the grain store:thumbdown:

Back