Which silage trailer

It must have been an insurance write off, I think those people selling it are a salvage yard.

If that's the one I'm thinking of it was owned by a Contractor I know quite well and was rolled by one of his experienced trailer drivers.:001_huh:

Think the problem lay with the 1st SK trailers having softer springs and later versions (so I'm told) have heavier duty springs.
It was written off under the insurance and he got the same type trailer again and is pleased with it.
He may well order a couple more.:yes:

How are the slurry Kat trailers priced compared to the rest? looks a fair trailer, could do with purchasing some tins of anti-spatter tho :whistle: or maybe they have writing in braille on them :rolleyes:

That trailer was very poorly finished in my eyes , weld splatter everywhere, bits of mig wire sticking out here and there and more runs in the paint than an ashes test match!

Surely he would have had a better example to take to the show.

Agree with James DS, that trailer is to high and narrow for side lying ground, cog is far to high - you'd take a Donnelly/Woods/Johnston or any non halfpipe trailer were that thing would be on her side.

That trailer was very poorly finished in my eyes , weld splatter everywhere, bits of mig wire sticking out here and there and more runs in the paint than an ashes test match!

Agree with James DS, that trailer is to high and narrow for side lying ground, cog is far to high - you'd take a Donnelly/Woods/Johnston or any non halfpipe trailer were that thing would be on her side.

The more I look at that trailer the worse looking it gets , it has no strenght in the front corner posts and only has one upright support half way from front to back. I had dooley and redrocks that had 3 upright supports between the front and back corner posts , I see that the new redrock is very similar looking to the kat trailer , I see redrocks big dealer who sold hundreds of trailers for them is now selling braughan trailers as well .

Did anyone ever see the Kane halfpipe on done deal a few years back in limerick had damaged back door went for ten grand.taught it was a bargain.wish I'd had a use for it I'd of bought it.

I pull 15' x 8'4" on super singles behind the harvestor here and never any problem, (GPM trailors, made to order.) Would prefare agri wheels, but £1000 does not go far in upgrade...

Be suprised it it were 3 ton with the sheet sides.

I'd be surprised too, that's half the weight of a 18ft Redrock, couldn't be saving 3 tons , axles ,wheels and rams be much the same so less than half the steel in the rest, no way. Nearer to 5 I'd say.

I'd say to save weight ,everything has to be lighter,agri axles ,light rams,3mm floor,light box cross members ,mesh front and back ,light chassis and subframe.
I was looking at a 14 ton dumper lately and the plate said it was 3.3 ton un laden,we have a similar sized smyth dumper weighing just 5 ton unladen.At the end of the day they only do the same job.

Would think if the Kat trailers are like there slurry kit it will be very poor & best not bought usless you have money to burn:scared::scared:

Back