Seen for sale...

Interesting :thumbup:

What kind of loader was he using?

It was a big self-levelling Quicke. More than that I can't remember. It was replaced by a Deutz DX6.31 about 6 or 7 years ago, and he traded the 10 for a TM130 this year.

It was a big self-levelling Quicke. More than that I can't remember. It was replaced by a Deutz DX6.31 about 6 or 7 years ago, and he traded the 10 for a TM130 this year.

Must have been some beast with a loader. Nice set up :thumbup:

An uncle of mine spread lime for years with 2 TW's, he had a loader on a 15 and pulled the spreader with a 10. Handy wouldn't be in the vocabulary.

At least he had power steering . Jimmy Murphy used to load 10,000 tonnes of beet with a Quicke loader on a Ford 5000 with no power steering . One morning Jimmy did not turn up and I had to drive the loader which was a bit of a shock for a weakling like me .

At least he had power steering . Jimmy Murphy used to load 10,000 tonnes of beet with a Quicke loader on a Ford 5000 with no power steering . One morning Jimmy did not turn up and I had to drive the loader which was a bit of a shock for a weakling like me .

It might sound daft but you do get used to driving a tractor without power steering and it wouldn't coat you a thought after a while. Couple of old ladies here that way and I don't notice a difference but then I'm tough :tt2::tt2:

There used to be a tw15 round here with a tanco loader on it, the boom could split at the bend so you could take off jus the front section of the boom, it was parked in our yard one night and all i could think was it was a bloody ungainly yoke, i think it was being used to clear timber in forests!

It might sound daft but you do get used to driving a tractor without power steering and it wouldn't coat you a thought after a while. Couple of old ladies here that way and I don't notice a difference but then I'm tough :tt2::tt2:

Well said DP, these lads are just soft and sure who needs a cab then either.:D

There used to be a tw15 round here with a tanco loader on it, the boom could split at the bend so you could take off jus the front section of the boom, it was parked in our yard one night and all i could think was it was a bloody ungainly yoke, i think it was being used to clear timber in forests!

Tanco 10.80, a huge loader!

Well said DP, these lads are just soft and sure who needs a cab then either.:D

Tanco 10.80, a huge loader!

Yeah i think you could be right! Think that was mentioned at the time! Was the funniest lookin yoke ever as 1 half of the boom was red and the other half blue if i remember rightly, was a while ago now!

Yeah i think you could be right! Think that was mentioned at the time! Was the funniest lookin yoke ever as 1 half of the boom was red and the other half blue if i remember rightly, was a while ago now!

You are spot on :thumbup::thumbup:

Must have ate here way through a few front wheel bearings then :eek:

Thanks Hall! Yep was, and still am looking!

Phoned the fella on Saturday, to be fair to him he said it needed a fair amount of work to the cab, so I let it be.
I'd rather buy one that was mint and needed nothing done to it, but it looks like it's going to take time to get one like that!

It's not dangerous money by any means though.

Phoned the fella on Saturday, to be fair to him he said it needed a fair amount of work to the cab, so I let it be.
I'd rather buy one that was mint and needed nothing done to it, but it looks like it's going to take time to get one like that!

No bother, it just click when I saw it, I was half thinking a good feeder wagon tractor, I assume it would only be 30 k tho:confused:

sold

Last edited:
Back