Is the Ford 7610 2WD a reliable tractor

Not unless you put too much power through them

Well I suppose that apply's to anything really, we've had a good few Fords with Dual power over the years, some turned up a bit, and the only issues we ever had was the foot switch going.
Definitely one of the more reliable clutchless splitters.

Well I suppose that apply's to anything really, we've had a good few Fords with Dual power over the years, some turned up a bit, and the only issues we ever had was the foot switch going.
Definitely one of the more reliable clutchless splitters.

I'm no mechanic but my understanding is it is the same unit on the 600 series all the way up to the TW 30/35 so it shouldn't be a major issue on 7610 to be fair.

I'm no mechanic but my understanding is it is the same unit on the 600 series all the way up to the TW 30/35 so it shouldn't be a major issue on 7610 to be fair.

We had the TW 25 out to 180 at the shaft, and no DP worries there. Everything is open to abuse, but the DP would be the least of my concerns so long as it's actually working.

If you don't mind me asking but how much did you get for your 7610? what would a series 3 7610 1991 model with a rotary pump be worth today?

Are they capable of handling a good size hydraulic transport box and an 8 foot 3 point linkage topper?

I had a series 2 7610,2wd and it had no poblems carrying a 6 ft hydraulic box full of gravel.I would recommend a couple of weights though.Great tractor to work and barring the usual servising not alot went wrong in the seven years i had it.

Tbh if I was in the market for a good 2nd hand 100 odd hp tractor I'd go for a MF399 without a moments hesitation. Quiet simply put, one of the best stock mans tractors out there. I had one so I'm not spewing shite, sorry I let it go tbh but shiny paint got me.

The 300 series pick up hitch must be the biggest balls of a yoke ever IMV.

On the 399s, DP and FP were yours the early version with the 6354 engine or the later 1006 block?

On the 399s, DP and FP were yours the early version with the 6354 engine or the later 1006 block?

Now now, don't be all jealous:D:D. The pickup hitch on the 362 here is identical to the 168 in every way. The 399 we had was a 94 model and it had the newer perkins, the one with the gear driven coolant pump if thats any help. But I agree with you on the balls of a hitch. The draw bar if you could call it that sort of fitted over the pickup hitch. At least the little 362 has a proper draw bar and a proper pick up hitch.

Bound to be better then fords melted down failed blocks that were made into hitches.:D:D:lol::lol:

Now now, don't be all jealous:D:D. The pickup hitch on the 362 here is identical to the 168 in every way. The 399 we had was a 94 model and it had the newer perkins, the one with the gear driven coolant pump if thats any help. But I agree with you on the balls of a hitch. The draw bar if you could call it that sort of fitted over the pickup hitch. At least the little 362 has a proper draw bar and a proper pick up hitch.

Bound to be better then fords melted down failed blocks that were made into hitches.:D:D:lol::lol:

Mines the early versión nash imo the hitch on the 399 was a better job than the crap of a hitch that the fords have the fergusons hitch is always easy to see

Had an ex-Paddy Lacey super Q 7610 4WD here for a few years, would take it over a Ferguson any day of the week. Never had much trouble apart from niggly things like gear selectors, and it did an awful lot of work. IMO the super Q cab was a nicer place to work than anything else on he market at the time, and it was on the market for a very long time. If I had a choice between a Ferguson and a Ford from '64 to '94 I'd probably choose Ford every time, apart from a small few exceptions. 35x over Dexta, 135 over 3000 and maybe 165 over 4000.

Had an ex-Paddy Lacey super Q 7610 4WD here for a few years, would take it over a Ferguson any day of the week. Never had much trouble apart from niggly things like gear selectors, and it did an awful lot of work. IMO the super Q cab was a nicer place to work than anything else on he market at the time, and it was on the market for a very long time. If I had a choice between a Ferguson and a Ford from '64 to '94 I'd probably choose Ford every time, apart from a small few exceptions. 35x over Dexta, 135 over 3000 and maybe 165 over 4000.

Why are ferguson tractors more valueble then ?? :confused:

this is the 7610 I bought. she was well looked after by its owner he changed the coolant filter every year so fingers crossed the engine doesn't leak. despite being kept in a shed when not in use there is some rust appearing around the windscreen and bottom of doors. aim is to re spray in the new with good quality primer and paint before the rust gets too bad.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 113
this is the 7610 I bought. she was well looked after by its owner he changed the coolant filter every year so fingers crossed the engine doesn't leak. despite being kept in a shed when not in use there is some rust appearing around the windscreen and bottom of doors. aim is to re spray in the new with good quality primer and paint before the rust gets too bad.

She looks a nice clean tractor Pippa. Have a little MF362 here and like yours the doors are starting to rust a bit at the bottoms. I was wondering about sending them off to be gal dipped. Might be well worth while on your doors to make them last??.

I hope you have the best of luck with her :thumbup:

Back