ifa election.

whelan1

think voting starts today, i had 1 canvasser who arrived when i wasnt here, for vice president from cork, they left a leaflet, got 2 text messages in the last 24 hours from the 2 main candidates one was alot better put together than the other, what do ye think , who will win?

I don't give a fiddlers they are so out of touch at the moment it's scary.A lot of farmers feel isolated from the top .

Just the same as politics, I have yet to see a president deliver on their campaign. And we have all heard the huge fights these lads were going to bring once elected.

There must be some castration carried out up there in Dublin, given how placid these presidents become once in office.

I think the IFA fall miles short on their potential, and given the members and sector turnover, we should be miles ahead.

Wouldn't hurt to see some real change take place, along with progress.

I'll give credit about the DNA sampling, but this miss labelling that's going on really needs sorting. Along with buying power of super markets; Mr Horse meat Cartel; etc.

I reckon they'd get more public awareness if they went to the Zoo and got one of the Baboons to represent us farmers.

Who am I to vote for ? I would not have voted for John Bryan but I think he can argue his case and he does not put on a posh accent for RTE. His election team played a blinder and swept the Carlow man out of it . . Dillion was a great president even the IFA was afraid of him .
I had a member of the forum left a leaflet in my letter box when I was away last week .

Do they only canvass paid up members?
I didn't see anyone yet not that i want to as any dealings i had with them was a waste of time.

think voting starts today, i had 1 canvasser who arrived when i wasnt here, for vice president from cork, they left a leaflet, got 2 text messages in the last 24 hours from the 2 main candidates one was alot better put together than the other, what do ye think , who will win?

Haven't a clue who I'll vote for, I never even heard of the 2 candidates only saw them on ear to the ground last week. I only joined up again this year after about 10 years :001_smile: Could end up being an eeny meeny miny moe job :undecided:

the last few times i know a lad that canvased for brien and dillion and walshe,they werent worth a shite and now this lad is canvasing for bergin!

will people vote for the monkeys before they vote for ..........!

ifa should disband!

would it make sense to have 6 or 7 branches voting together the one night? in my area in a 10 mile radius there are 7 branches, would eliminate alot of meetings

would it make sense to have 6 or 7 branches voting together the one night? in my area in a 10 mile radius there are 7 branches, would eliminate alot of meetings

Lads probably won't go then.

This approach has been the death knell of many local branches.

Lads probably won't go then.

This approach has been the death knell of many local branches.

agree with nashmach

our branch is the major 1 in this area, & tried whelan's suggestion for a few years

it got to the stage where some of the others had'nt even 8 members turn up and their officers used to do SFA

was canvassed by downey and oleary , also met some of bergin's supporters at the mart

has been a very timid canvass in this area to say the least, voting to night will be interesting to see the turn out

Farmers certainly need representation at a national level but I reckon the ifa could be doing a lot more on that score. I was chatting with some canvassers and they were in agreement with that.

Farmers certainly need representation at a national level but I reckon the ifa could be doing a lot more on that score. I was chatting with some canvassers and they were in agreement with that.

That won't be fed upstairs though and that is the issue IMV.

had people for eddie downey around yesterday evening, they came at milking time and just left the leaflet never came near me-

id say the idea of a branch in most parishes is that people will be more likely to attend in their locality whereas if it was a very big area they would say why bother going there will be plenty there anyway-at least for the not too bothered ones which is the majority!

Back