What are you up to in the workshop?

you get it local enough in the end.

We did, a fella that runs a lot of these on contract crushing had one in stock at a very (well, relatively) reasonable price. Fair play to him, he sold it to us at cost, think it will come in at around €5000, so a very considerable saving there:thumbup:

That looks to be the top bearing in the same cone that we are doing, it's the large outer race that's at the top of that assembly there that we will be shrinking!!!
I wonder if the Prince background music is essential?:D
it was loud enough anyways, do my head in that, like the radio, but i like to hear myself thinking too.

Got talked into a cubicle job just before christmas. A customer has his own design after a lot of experience and research. Fabricated from scratch, welded to head rail to form 16ft sections, dipped and fitting in between the showers :thumbdown:

interesting to see your thoughts, he intendeds to cast a concrete slope at behind the headrail to encase the bottom of the loop and give the cow a helping hand when standing...

Attachments

• Bo steel cummins cubicles1.jpg
    Bo steel cummins cubicles1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 125
  • Bo steel cummins cubicles2.jpg
    Bo steel cummins cubicles2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 124
  • Bo steel cummins cubicles.jpg
    Bo steel cummins cubicles.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 116
Got talked into a cubicle job just before christmas. A customer has his own design after a lot of experience and research. Fabricated from scratch, welded to head rail to form 16ft sections, dipped and fitting in between the showers :thumbdown:

interesting to see your thoughts, he intendeds to cast a concrete slope at behind the headrail to encase the bottom of the loop and give the cow a helping hand when standing...

Bad night to be in roof less cubicle`s around here . Seem`s to be taking over from stand off pad`s . A roof would`nt cost him a whole pile more . Not doubting your welding lad but will the weld`s from the cubicle`s to the head rail be up to the constant pressure from cow`s . Just see cubicle`s here that are just clamped and you`d often have the odd one that would get moved in the clamp`s from cow`s hitting them .

It was something I was worried about too but the customer has these made up before and they seem to last well. I m banking on lower leg being cased in concrete to take some of the loading off the head rail but time will tell!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

just wondering what lads have on there low loaders for keeping the ramps up on the road, ive a chieftain with no hydraulic ramp has the flat bar with r-clips, but on narrow roads branches pull them off and down comes the ramp:no:, was thinking of drill it out and putting clips on it but the bars coming out are a bit small, could also but straps on it but dont really want to, what way are yer trailers done?

just wondering what lads have on there low loaders for keeping the ramps up on the road, ive a chieftain with no hydraulic ramp has the flat bar with r-clips, but on narrow roads branches pull them off and down comes the ramp:no:, was thinking of drill it out and putting clips on it but the bars coming out are a bit small, could also but straps on it but dont really want to, what way are yer trailers done?
try putting the r clip in the other way round.

i have lynch pins in mine, never seen a branch pull one off yet.

Get 2 small bolts and just give the nut a small few hand turns ?

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

Might be a bit of a nuisance but what about a pair of small key alike locks, then have something to clip the key onto at the back of the ramp? Be no fear of it opening on the road and you could also take they key with you i leaving it somewhere and were afraid i young lads messing with it and dropping ramps on themselves....

Might be a bit of a nuisance but what about a pair of small key alike locks, then have something to clip the key onto at the back of the ramp? Be no fear of it opening on the road and you could also take they key with you i leaving it somewhere and were afraid i young lads messing with it and dropping ramps on themselves....

Lads be especially careful on drew's last point. There was a tragic accident not far from here involving ramps along those lines only a few months ago.

Lads be especially careful on drew's last point. There was a tragic accident not far from here involving ramps along those lines only a few months ago.

Thats unfortunate to hear alright Nash :(

Definitely making me think a pair of locks would be good idea then....

Said id stick this in here as i doubt were the only ones using these type buckets to carry sticks and stuff about, have a few of them here and the handles are gone on most now so came up with this idea,

It's just ye tail end that was cut off a ratchet strap. Starts at the inside on one side, comes up into a loop to form handle, then goes down under the bucket and back up the other side to loop back in for second Handle.

Should help support the bottom of it to, and it will hopefully mean some of the load is transferred directly to the strap rather than just through the bolts in the side!

(Who knew i could make such a long post about a bloody bucket........)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388597978.995020.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388597978.995020.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 96
or a pair of hydraulic cylinders....:whistling:

Very true but if you have standard ramps and not using them that much would it not be as simple? Having said that Would prob go hydraulic if we had a low loader ourselves.... But then would also consider adapting them to cheese wedge style if we had one!

gave the rav4 an oil change today. the filter is an element type, which I dont like, but a clever man in toyota has put a lot of thought and effort into the design. the new filter comes with a plug you put onto a hose to drain the oil from a valve in the filter housing before removal.

To access the valve you remove a drain plug in the bottom of the filter housing. it's a 24mm threaded plug with a wide flange that seats against an O ring.

Real clever system.

Except the elever japansese engineer who designed it had never met an Irish mechanic. So he only cast a 14mm nut on the underside of this plug, and worse, made the whole thing from the softest of soft aluminium.

it was completely rounded off when I got to it. had to drop the engine bay floor cover, remove the whole housing, file two flats onto the nut and hold it in the vice.

It then took a good solid pull of the two foot stilson on the filter housing to open it.

A right balls of a job altogether. it'll be openable now as I didnt tighten it with an impact, but I'll have to get a new one from the dealers I suppose

Very true but if you have standard ramps and not using them that much would it not be as simple? Having said that Would prob go hydraulic if we had a low loader ourselves.... But then would also consider adapting them to cheese wedge style if we had one!
i converted my kane here, it needed new springs, and tbh, it wasnt a whole pile more to convert her to rams.
saves a lot of hassle.

i converted my kane here, it needed new springs, and tbh, it wasnt a whole pile more to convert her to rams.
saves a lot of hassle.

Yeah id say if it was in need of springs would be as handy to go on to rams alright! Can see some major advantages to rams alright, dad had a loan of one here years ago and was loading the last hx we had onto it and the ramps kept trying to flip up between the bloody wheels....

Put a new end on a feed trough this eve.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388620219341.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388620219341.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 104
welding recycled box section to recycled loadall brackets......
just need to order some fert to test it with.

Attachments

• Bag Lifter.jpg
    Bag Lifter.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 95
Back