What are you up to in the workshop?

Hope ya dont mind me asking, what width over all is it? Seems a great idea alright, and nice and light for the back of a standard tanker! How does it handle cow slurry or do you use it much with it?

You would need a macerator for cow/cattle slurry. Pig poop flows easier.

Hope ya dont mind me asking, what width over all is it? Seems a great idea alright, and nice and light for the back of a standard tanker! How does it handle cow slurry or do you use it much with it?

its about 14 ft wide. one problem i find is that the 2600 gallons doesnt last long inside tanker once ya open the back of her. id have to be tippin away at a good speed to do 3000 gallon per acre. tis fairly light alright. we had massive problems wit big tanker wheels crackin on inside but last year we pulled out the tubes and pumped that fancy gunk into tyres and we havnt looked back yet!! tried it once wit cattle slurry that had good bit of silage in it. it was a balls cos holes kept blocking and left slurry in lones on top ground. only really meant for pig slurry as its very watery

Found and bought these yesterday, may well finish up as workshop decorations?

Attachments

• Brass hub caps.jpg
    Brass hub caps.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 115
been working on my mistery project this afternoon, anyone care to take a guess what it is?

last two pictures are of a home made cutting tool we made out of a piece of 30mm bar with a piece of tool steel fastened into it, to cut holes to 45mm as havent got a drill that big :thumbup:

Attachments

• DSCF1450.jpg
    DSCF1450.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCF1452.jpg
    DSCF1452.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCF1454.jpg
    DSCF1454.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCF1455.jpg
    DSCF1455.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCF1456.jpg
    DSCF1456.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCF1457.jpg
    DSCF1457.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCF1458.jpg
    DSCF1458.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCF1459.jpg
    DSCF1459.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 124
not far off, its going to be a digger mounted version of one of these, hope to be able to dig a 12'' by 16'' hole with it for gate posts and other jobs, will save a bit of swet digging them by hand, the bucket will have sides on it so that will strenghten it up a fair bit, alot of it started life as a twose shear grab

Post_Hole_Digger.jpg

That is a brilliant Idea, a hole can get far too big, far too quickly with a bucket, especially if you want to mix concrete to go in there!

thats the plan, you allways seem to end up using twice as much concrete as you need to because youve made the hole that dam big, we've taken over a bit of ground and have alot of gates to hang (all 10ft at the mo) amonst other jobs so thought its worth making something to make life easier :cool:

Now thats a right idea! Often wanted the proper pole bucket the lads on esb an eircom have, just a small triangular shape, a foot wide, the teeth point directly away from the quick hitch if you get me, easy to make a smaller hole with them than a standard foot bucket anyways!

not far off, its going to be a digger mounted version of one of these, hope to be able to dig a 12'' by 16'' hole with it for gate posts and other jobs, will save a bit of swet digging them by hand, the bucket will have sides on it so that will strenghten it up a fair bit, alot of it started life as a twose shear grab

Post_Hole_Digger.jpg

There was esb lads here one day they had one of those shovels I took it for a job I was doing down the road.you wouldn't believe the hole you could dig with one.straight sides and as deep as you can go.burst water pipe with a good swing of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

There was esb lads here one day they had one of those shovels I took it for a job I was doing down the road.you wouldn't believe the hole you could dig with one.straight sides and as deep as you can go.burst water pipe with a good swing of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

no stones round your way then:whistling:

no stones round your way then:whistling:

Providing it's not too big it will burst it out of the way and you can pick it out,the shovels weigh about twice a crow bar serious power if you can lift it after five minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Providing it's not too big it will burst it out of the way and you can pick it out,the shovels weigh about twice a crow bar serious power if you can lift it after five minutes.

i've dug more holes with 1 of them than you've had hot dinners;)

i've dug more holes with 1 of them than you've had hot dinners;)

Where did u get yours? I'd love one but can't find them online.they wear out quick do the guy said from the amount of hammering they get

Back