JD 6910 Power steering problem

dellboy

HI All,
First time post. Hope somebody can help. I am having power steering problem on JD 6910. One minute the steering is perfect then the steering could go dead for up to 10 -15 seconds. Seems to be random when happens doesn’t matter if im using rear lift, operating spools or using the loader. Filters were changed recently. Any ideas ?
Thanks

HI All,
First time post. Hope somebody can help. I am having power steering problem on JD 6910. One minute the steering is perfect then the steering could go dead for up to 10 -15 seconds. Seems to be random when happens doesn’t matter if im using rear lift, operating spools or using the loader. Filters were changed recently. Any ideas ?
Thanks

Do the lifts go dead as in you have to rev her to get her to do anything hydraulic?
I never touched a 10 series.
Possibly orbital unit

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

Do the lifts go dead as in you have to rev her to get her to do anything hydraulic?
I never touched a 10 series.
Possibly orbital unit

All other hydraulics operate fine when the problem occurs the steering is the only thing affected. I do think it happens more so when the revs are low ?

All other hydraulics operate fine when the problem occurs the steering is the only thing affected. I do think it happens more so when the revs are low ?

As gone says have your brakes been done? What hours up on her if not ?

Have the brakes been done in it???

Hi, i dont if they were done. i have tractor with only 2 years got it from TFM. I suppose they might know if the brakes were ever done. Its an autopower. 6500Hrs approx. autopower was changed by previous owner.
I was onto TFM and they say probably the priority valve is sticking. i had a local garage look at it but could not find any problem. but the local garage have said there is something else they can swap if the problem kept happening. The problem was not happening when i brought it to local garage.

Hi, i dont if they were done. i have tractor with only 2 years got it from TFM. I suppose they might know if the brakes were ever done. Its an autopower. 6500Hrs approx. autopower was changed by previous owner.
I was onto TFM and they say probably the priority valve is sticking. i had a local garage look at it but could not find any problem. but the local garage have said there is something else they can swap if the problem kept happening. The problem was not happening when i brought it to local garage.

I'd say your brakes are fine find out if they were done anyway be no harm do them at 7000 if they weren't done already.

I had a priority valve problem here on a 50 series there was a hairline crack inside in it.

Bring it to tfm I'd say they would have the experience to know what it is.

Or any man that's fairly familiar with them

HI All,
Thanks

I know a 6610 with the same problem, steering will come back if you touch the brake pedal or a spool lever. It's been doing it for years, has been in TFM half a dozen times and they never solved it. It's lethal if you don't know the tractor, steering could lock turning across a junction or anything.

I know a 6610 with the same problem, steering will come back if you touch the brake pedal or a spool lever. It's been doing it for years, has been in TFM half a dozen times and they never solved it. It's lethal if you don't know the tractor, steering could lock turning across a junction or anything.

fcuk that
swan-vestas-matches-455x525.jpg

Back