Hydraulic Power packs for bale wrapper

Snoddysnodbong

Has anyone used a Power pack for static bale wrapping??
I tend to put my old Inter 784 on the Mc Hale with the remote ,for stack wrapping ,but was considering a petrol powered pack . They supposedly run on a small amount of petrol ?
Question is ,what should I be looking for in terms of litres /min ,and psi??
Have seen they tend to be 20/30 litres /min .
I am supposing also ,that a large flow is perhaps not so important ,because we tend to run the Nash ,at 1500 revs /min ,which is not exactly fast!
Any comments appreciated :thumbup1:

Sounds like a good idea. As you say, Id imagine a good power pack would be every bit as fast as your tractor.

These guys seem to do a purpose built diesel one. Might be the price of a tractor though!

http://www.powerwrap.eu/

Ta, I forgot to mention , I was also thinking of getting one of those hydraulic rammers for posts !! So though it would double up nicely for that job ,dont know if it would ,must research it!

is it for a static bale wrapper for small rounds,
or is it a 991 that you have?.

The guy that does our wrapping for us has one. It is a great yoke and runs on very little juice he says. He uses it with the remote too. Ideal for stacking in the yard. Our yard is not the neatest for big kit but one he gets going he an stack 45 bales an hour and there are always bales waiting for him.

I think he mentioned before it cost about €7k and that is about 4 or 5 years ago.

is it for a static bale wrapper for small rounds,
or is it a 991 that you have?.

Yes ,a 991 BE with remote . Nearly had a Kverenland remote machine years ago ,and I think it was a mistake not too. Never mind!!!:whistling:
I have had a Ritchie traileyre for about 10 years and its only now , I have my son at home we are getting the max benefit from it .:thumbup1:
I see there is a company on E bay that does a petrol pack new for about £850 quid , in Lancs .
I think that using one for knockers ,is pehaps a bit optimistic:tt2:

Back