Tyres wearing flat spots

Newholland_Kid

Put a new set of klebers on the tvt middle of june last year. They seem to be walking of her and id say theyve done 800hours max. the outside lugs are also wearing flat spots towards the centre. the tractor was aligned un January and all joints are good. Anyone seen this before or whats causing it? its a 50k tractor but it mows in the summer and pumps slurry in winter so 90% of the time its field work or static in a yard. Im not happy after giving near 5k for a set and at this rate of going il be taking them off this time next year. the previous set of continentals done 5000hours from new and there was a bite left on them and thier not much of a tyre to be comparing with!

I've seen the tyres on the SPFH wear like you describe, I put it down to pressure being too low for the weight but with the SPFH they would have to be up around 45psi going by the book and at that pressure would be useless in the field, anyway pressure is the first thing I'd check, if it's OK it's time to have a word with the tyre supplier.

yeah, id find out what the correct pressure should be.
at least have the homework done before some rep might catch you out, if you get that far.

yea trying to find out the correct pressure. Id have run them in round 20psi so I dont think were running them too low. Ive actually only noticed them wearing flat spots from it was lined. I actually said to the lad aligning them and he agreed they were doing badly but said because she was out of line it would cause them to wear off. now in my opinion thats a load of crap cause the previous tyres spent thier life outa line and they did just fine. I could understand if we were carrying weight and hammering round the roads flat but if there was 400hrs roadwork done that would be it and probably not even.

I have the same problem on my own tractor.Front tyres wearing the middle of the outside lug of both tyres.No heavy work being done by this tractor at all.Probably less than 400 hours a year and most of that is with a transport box or bale spike behind it.Il be watching this thread with interest.

yea trying to find out the correct pressure. Id have run them in round 20psi so I dont think were running them too low. Ive actually only noticed them wearing flat spots from it was lined. I actually said to the lad aligning them and he agreed they were doing badly but said because she was out of line it would cause them to wear off. now in my opinion thats a load of crap cause the previous tyres spent thier life outa line and they did just fine. I could understand if we were carrying weight and hammering round the roads flat but if there was 400hrs roadwork done that would be it and probably not even.

How accurate is his alignment method? Throw a tape between the inside rim of the front wheels, I THINK they should measure the same front of axle as rear, no toe in.
2wd usually have some tow in though.

How accurate is his alignment method? Throw a tape between the inside rim of the front wheels, I THINK they should measure the same front of axle as rear, no toe in.
2wd usually have some tow in though.
ive no idea it was done professionally by the crowd themselves and iv the invoice for it so id imagine it's pretty accurate

But that's what I'm saying, if he reckoned tracking was off and the tyres weren't wearing, and now he's adjusted it and it is wearing, I reckon his adjustments are wrong or inaccurate.

But that's what I'm saying, if he reckoned tracking was off and the tyres weren't wearing, and now he's adjusted it and it is wearing, I reckon his adjustments are wrong or inaccurate.

I think he says that they were wearing badly before alignment. It was an old set that was wearing well despite poor alignment.

The original Goodyears are at 4700 hours on our 6430. They should see 5000 hours. Heavy 651 loader on here and its 50k. A nice bit of road too. Running at 22-24psi unless rolling crops when they are down to 10psi.

what should new bkt agrimax 520 70 r38 psi be at tyre guy said 22psi but look very flat on dump trailer work. tractor would do hedge-cutting and pulling low-loaders

Most tyre manufacturers should be able to tell you online what pressures should be used for different weights and speeds.

I know Goodyear were very helpful some years ago when I contacted them.

what should new bkt agrimax 520 70 r38 psi be at tyre guy said 22psi but look very flat on dump trailer work. tractor would do hedge-cutting and pulling low-loaders

depends on the axle loading...

i run 650's at 28 on hedger work
24 on the wagon
15 on top work

When you had tracking done on your TVT, was the axle suspension in the correct position? I can't remember what position my cvx had to be in when I checked it but I know it makes a difference to the measurements.

Also I have bkt's on the cvx and about thousand hours on them and they certainly don't have flat spots. In fact I would say they are hardly worn. Mine are run about 22psi.

I think he says that they were wearing badly before alignment. It was an old set that was wearing well despite poor alignment.

The original Goodyears are at 4700 hours on our 6430. They should see 5000 hours. Heavy 651 loader on here and its 50k. A nice bit of road too. Running at 22-24psi unless rolling crops when they are down to 10psi.

your right they were still wearing badly but the flat spots I only noticed after alignment. And all its done since is pump slurry. the old continentals done 5000hours out of line!!

I was on to the supplier today and in fairness he was very helpful and said hel have a mitchilen rep out within ten days to look at them.

When you had tracking done on your TVT, was the axle suspension in the correct position? I can't remember what position my cvx had to be in when I checked it but I know it makes a difference to the measurements.
ive no idea theyre one if not the biggest tyre supplier in the country. I give them 60quid for 5minutes work id be sort of expecting them to have it done correctly and know where suspension should be. id run them round 20psi. I cant imagine a few psi either way having much effect. Its the type of work iv been doing in relation to the wear that worrys me, I wouldn't like to see them doing 100% roadwork

Put a new set of klebers on the tvt middle of june last year. They seem to be walking of her and id say theyve done 800hours max. the outside lugs are also wearing flat spots towards the centre. the tractor was aligned un January and all joints are good. Anyone seen this before or whats causing it? its a 50k tractor but it mows in the summer and pumps slurry in winter so 90% of the time its field work or static in a yard. Im not happy after giving near 5k for a set and at this rate of going il be taking them off this time next year. the previous set of continentals done 5000hours from new and there was a bite left on them and thier not much of a tyre to be comparing with!

Ive seen a set of 570/70/38 bkts last 1700 hours on a 50k tractor doing 2/3 roadwork in those hours @ 20psi although the sidewalls were suffering more than the grips,
Id be inclined to get the wheels aligned again myself if I was you and pumping them up to 28 psi to see if it makes any difference.
Lastly id be blaming a bad batch of rubber but proveing that is another days work

Ive seen a set of 570/70/38 bkts last 1700 hours on a 50k tractor doing 2/3 roadwork in those hours @ 20psi although the sidewalls were suffering more than the grips,
Id be inclined to get the wheels aligned again myself if I was you and pumping them up to 28 psi to see if it makes any difference.
Lastly id be blaming a bad batch of rubber but proveing that is another days work

Il see what the rep says first I woudnt be happy having to pay for another alignment! il try them a bit harder maybe to see tho. I do remember when I bought them they were raving about running them at 15psi no bother. Speaking to a few people today they actually have a very good reputation for sorting problems like this and I know of a few who have got them replaced free of charge. Il keep yous updated anyway

Il see what the rep says first I woudnt be happy having to pay for another alignment! il try them a bit harder maybe to see tho. I do remember when I bought them they were raving about running them at 15psi no bother. Speaking to a few people today they actually have a very good reputation for sorting problems like this and I know of a few who have got them replaced free of charge. Il keep yous updated anyway

Well if the rep is any good at all you shouldn't have to pay for a second wheel alignment, the lad I buy my tires off always fits the gators foc on their first puncture

iirc i have about 30psi in the fronts of the cvx to top the pirellis from cracking on the diamonds on the side wall.
its probably too much but any less and the punctures were far too common.

how old r the perellis, long time since i seen them. 30psi seems very high i dont even think my uniroyals r that hard and i even had to double tube them.

how old r the perellis, long time since i seen them. 30psi seems very high i dont even think my uniroyals r that hard and i even had to double tube them.
the back ones are on her since new with about 30% thread left.
the fronts have been changed at different times for middlin secondhand ones, to save money and keep the ratio right as well.
the loader is sore enough on them as it can lift 3 tonne at the heel.
if its not on her there is over a tonne of weights.
the backs of the diamonds were cracking on the fronts with lower pressures.

Finally got the rep out last week. According to him it was a combination of out of alignment (4mm) and too high pressure (23psi). He dropped them to 19 psi. I dont buy it to be honest I think thats complete nonsense when the continentals done 5000hours really badly out of line and all sorts of pressures. He was dead on fella to he fair to him though but im not convinced

Not a tractor tyres but was driving the Mrs one year old car today and detected a vibration. Checked the tyres visually, then rolled car back a bit to see the rest of each tyre. From the outside all looked well but on close inspection this is what I found....
20190304_160321.jpg

Not a tractor tyres but was driving the Mrs one year old car today and detected a vibration. Checked the tyres visually, then rolled car back a bit to see the rest of each tyre. From the outside all looked well but on close inspection this is what I found....
View attachment 63654
Had the same happen either two or three times (but definitely at least two times) on wife’s car. It was kumo Tyres each time and same story a vibration came in the car. Each time it was a rear tyre. Got some land when I saw the worn patch as I would never leave a tyre wear down to the point of it being even close to unsafe. I did not buy kumo Tyres sense. There was no issues with alignment or inflation that the garage or I could point to.

Back