Gaa 2015

A Kilkenny man in work said the same today, only for Brian Cody' s son they would have been dire.

Kilkenny fellas told me the same after the 2009 U21 final and again in 2012! They will still glean a couple of lads from that team.
Codys son was OK, lucky not to be sent off a couple of times really.
Jack O'Connor was impressive as were Ryan and McDonald. Funny what he can do with a bit of ball sent his way.

What are the thoughts for this weekend then lads?

hope waterford do it,brave move taking tipp on in their home ground but then the dubs say its no advantage;) and someday they,ll leave dublin to prove it, they,ll be too strong for westmeath i,d say but we can always hope, as for the qualifiers i,m going with roscommon, tyrone, armagh,louth, longford, and a draw in derry:sweatdrop:

hope waterford do it,brave move taking tipp on in their home ground but then the dubs say its no advantage;) and someday they,ll leave dublin to prove it, they,ll be too strong for westmeath i,d say but we can always hope, as for the qualifiers i,m going with roscommon, tyrone, armagh,louth, longford, and a draw in derry:sweatdrop:

But sure the Leinster Final is at a neutral venue, Parnell Park is the Dubs home ground ;)

Not going to disagree with much there.

You forgot the Cork vs Clare match though. I'd reckon Dublin and Clare to advance.

If Wexford get a draw or a win it will be a great boost for football in the county after what looked like the doldrums earlier on when division 4 beckons.

I'm surprised the local papers are so scathing of the hurlers and especially the management.

very disappointed with Clare's performance , Cork well deserved winners

have 3 under 21 titles in a row , what future for these lads under the present senior management circus ?

very disappointed with Clare's performance , Cork well deserved winners

have 3 under 21 titles in a row , what future for these lads under the present senior management circus ?

Big question, will Davy last another year??

Dublin went well too today.

Not going to disagree with much there.

You forgot the Cork vs Clare match though. I'd reckon Dublin and Clare to advance.

If Wexford get a draw or a win it will be a great boost for football in the county after what looked like the doldrums earlier on when division 4 beckons.

I'm surprised the local papers are so scathing of the hurlers and especially the management.

i,m giving up this prediction lark i only got 2 right and in the hurling i,d have gone for cork and limerick,our young lads found out what blanket defence is all about in derry and didn,t cope very well with it as for the local papers they,re only saying what most followers are saying to be honest. todays matches went the way the bookies predicted and waterford never looked like scoring the goals they needed once they went behind

i,m giving up this prediction lark i only got 2 right and in the hurling i,d have gone for cork and limerick,our young lads found out what blanket defence is all about in derry and didn,t cope very well with it as for the local papers they,re only saying what most followers are saying to be honest. todays matches went the way the bookies predicted and waterford never looked like scoring the goals they needed once they went behind

Best stick to the farming than being a bookie :D:D

Today's match didn't prove to be an epic either, it was a timid enough affair.

Yea, I missed a lot of that apparently during the week. Next year's league performance had better be good

Larry O'Gorman made a good point on the wireless on Friday, you only have minors and U21's for three years or so but seniors can be around for ten years and thus can be hard to dislodge lads from positions and get one well gelled team like at minor/U21 level.

We got a fair poke in d u21 tonight beaten by Clare with 7 of the senior team, had big hopes for that team, saw it on TV, a good few of them looked tired.

What is peoples opinion on the dives?
Tyrone players are going to acting lessons to improve their prat falls.

What is peoples opinion on the dives?
Tyrone players are going to acting lessons to improve their prat falls.
An absolute joke, but post the match can any action be taken? It is ruining football really.

On the hurling, not a vintage performance yesterday but overall the better side won.

If Galway can play to their best they can beat tipp, if they do, id say they are the team Kilkenny would fear/respect the most, it could be one of the best finals in a long time if it were to happen.
Could the two cups be crossing the shannon this year? it would be great for both counties and for football and hurling all over the country, if it were to happen.

Will tyrone beat kerry? They could do!
I hear this is there new gear uploadfromtaptalk1439249855322.jpg

Sent from my D2203 using Tapatalk

If Galway can play to their best they can beat tipp, if they do, id say they are the team Kilkenny would fear/respect the most, it could be one of the best finals in a long time if it were to happen.
Could the two cups be crossing the shannon this year? it would be great for both counties and for football and hurling all over the country, if it were to happen.

You are a brave man :D:D Galway are and have been very hot and cold, I really can't see them beating Tipp. Especially after Tipp's performance the last day.

I think Kilkenny are not as sharp this year and Tipp have the makings of beating them this time around.....

You are a brave man :D:D Galway are and have been very hot and cold, I really can't see them beating Tipp. Especially after Tipp's performance the last day.

I think Kilkenny are not as sharp this year and Tipp have the makings of beating them this time around.....

It's a brave man who would write off Kilkenny, they've beaten everything that was put in front of them this year in relative comfort. They've yet to peak, you couldn't say the same with any certainty about either of the other semi-finalists.
As for the football, sure there's only one team for it. Obviously. :thumbup2:

there,s only two teams will ever beat kilkenny in an all ireland final, tipp or cork.

killkenny wont want to face tipp for certain in the final.
they,ll fancy der chances all day long against galway.

be great if galway could do it for the sake of the game:thumbup:

It's a brave man who would write off Kilkenny, they've beaten everything that was put in front of them this year in relative comfort. They've yet to peak, you couldn't say the same with any certainty about either of the other semi-finalists.
As for the football, sure there's only one team for it. Obviously. :thumbup2:

In fairness Tipp you would have felt weren't in top gear the last day...

I know where you are going with the football :whistle:, it's a shame the semi final isn't the final really.

Given how Kerry and Mayo are going it will be hard to look past the Dubs alright.

You might not get much done in September yet :rolleyes:

Yes I agree but remember over the last 10 years the dubs have been hunted by Mayo! And it's true Mayo never make it over the line but by no means I would write them off in the semis! Dublin have not played quality teams up to this stage that's why I fear sometimes they believe the hype that bes built up around them by the media.

Yes I agree but remember over the last 10 years the dubs have been hunted by Mayo! And it's true Mayo never make it over the line but by no means I would write them off in the semis! Dublin have not played quality teams up to this stage that's why I fear sometimes they believe the hype that bes built up around them by the media.

we,d all love if mayo won it, and surely before i die they,l win 1? :001_unsure:

there always brillant in the semi,s but so different in a final, the big players go missing, too many nice footballers and not enough of steel .

since the introduction of the back door in the championship it spoiled the odds for the so called weaker counties to win all irelands.

you may beat the kerrys and killkennys once on a given yr but you,ll never beat them twice,

its probably unfair to say the top seeds in each code{all ireland champs} should only get one crack of the whip in the following yrs championship.

Back