do i tell the customer just to wait for the bang?

tinman

Very Senior Member
had to do a clutch on a 6635 today, well nearly done.

i drained out the b end oil coz it was due for a change neway, going by the bung it was well overdue.
as bad as the clutch was, these were stuck to the g-box magnet!, the other two back end ones were no better for gunk.

not much can be done really til the rest of the gear/s give up,
it could be from a previous repair job that wasnt that well done either, but i boubt it.

tractor drives 100% as far as i seen, lowish hours on it too.

no point in fixin it really til something packs it in.
i may just mention it when he is paying over a grand for the clutch, that ill be real nice for him.:001_rolleyes:
hate giving bad news like that, but if ya dont its possible they might think when she dose give up that you caused it because you were the last man working at her.

Attachments

• DSCF6162.jpg
    DSCF6162.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCF6163.jpg
    DSCF6163.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCF6170.jpg
    DSCF6170.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 99
  • DSCF6174.jpg
    DSCF6174.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 123
u no the man ur dealing with, so u wud no best wat sorta character he is....
but i wud b inclined to tell...

if i wer the customer i wud like to be called in and shown the debris as is in the pics...and take it from there

Would tell him now, while the thing is apart. He might change em anyway rather than potentially have them go again in 2 weeks and have to split it once more.

ill let him know, would do neway, just hate doing it at the same time he is paying for work done.
its got nothing to do with me, it happens, just hatefull thats all.

ill let him know, would do neway, just hate doing it at the same time he is paying for work done.
its got nothing to do with me, it happens, just hatefull thats all.

Not that bad man ,tis only a tractor it can always be repaired nobody has died

:sad:
had to do a clutch on a 6635 today, well nearly done.

i drained out the b end oil coz it was due for a change neway, going by the bung it was well overdue.
as bad as the clutch was, these were stuck to the g-box magnet!, the other two back end ones were no better for gunk.

not much can be done really til the rest of the gear/s give up,
it could be from a previous repair job that wasnt that well done either, but i boubt it.

tractor drives 100% as far as i seen, lowish hours on it too.

no point in fixin it really til something packs it in.
i may just mention it when he is paying over a grand for the clutch, that ill be real nice for him.:001_rolleyes:
hate giving bad news like that, but if ya dont its possible they might think when she dose give up that you caused it because you were the last man working at her.

"Been there - done that" know what you mean tho, aint the nicest thing to have to do - just think of the xtra $$$$$ (aint got pound symbol :laugh:) for the xtra work and you will soon recover from the discomfort of telling him :whistling::lol::lol:.

Best tell him - will save you aggro in the future.

Any ideas what the bits are out of? Disk brakes breaking up?

you know what i mean reidy.

dont know nash, but at a guess id say teeth off some gear, not sincromesh ones tho.
there is also a sliver of what looks like a bushing, could be a brake lining, altho id doubt it if the brakes were gone, but i wouldnt be so sure about the fact that someone might of left the handbrake on and went for a spin.:whistling:

you know what i mean reidy.

dont know nash, but at a guess id say teeth off some gear, not sincromesh ones tho.
there is also a sliver of what looks like a bushing, could be a brake lining, altho id doubt it if the brakes were gone, but i wouldnt be so sure about the fact that someone might of left the handbrake on and went for a spin.:whistling:

Are you not able to show him the swarf and pictures and give him 3 choices ?

A) Strip her down further and find out whats wrong and put it right
B) Wait till she goes bang and then rebuild it
C) Do nothing at all but at least he has been warned

Personally if it were mine i would go with A)

Are you not able to show him the swarf and pictures and give him 3 choices ?

A) Strip her down further and find out whats wrong and put it right
B) Wait till she goes bang and then rebuild it
C) Do nothing at all but at least he has been warned

Personally if it were mine i would go with A)
yes a would be most wise.
but it ill be C im sure.
no time to be at it at the mo neway.
winter job that one.

yes a would be most wise.
but it ill be C im sure.
no time to be at it at the mo neway.
winter job that one.

Is this particular 6635 a uk registered tractor ? S reg maybe,as I occasionally drove one for a chap and it was thrashed within an inch of its life by some lads from the building site with a 16 tonne nc on the back,was very low hours when sold and was never maintained.:thumbdown::thumbdown:

Back