Fbd

Got the farm renewal (house + farm and a few tractors) form fbd during the week up nearly 20%, really get fed-up with them same every year, I thought they weren't going to screw farm policies!

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Got the farm renewal (house + farm and a few tractors) form fbd during the week up nearly 20%, really get fed-up with them same every year, I thought they weren't going to screw farm policies!

Similar type of policy as that with some competitor, up 25% on initial quote :crying:

Problem this year with fbd is they aren't budging much from the initial quote, I usually manage to get the increase down to less than 10%, it doesn't look like that will be possible this year, I think I'll go for 11 months this year, real pain having the renewal at the end of the year, hard to get time to shop around

Problem this year with fbd is they aren't budging much from the initial quote, I usually manage to get the increase down to less than 10%, it doesn't look like that will be possible this year, I think I'll go for 11 months this year, real pain having the renewal at the end of the year, hard to get time to shop around

I found that too last year when renewing the car insurance. In fairness too I suppose I had the car changed and the value went up a lot more. I did shop around but what I was getting from others made it a no brainer really and I ended up staying with FBD. I'm only waiting for the renewal quote to land in through the letter box with a thump in March.

I'd say I'll have a job trying to bargain it down :undecided:

i got my farm/house/contracting renewal a month ago.
Up around 30% from what I paid last year.
I didn't wait for them to call as usual though.

I got on the blower well in advance of renewal date to have time to bargain.

Ended up paying less than 10% more than last year.
Still a sizeable sum though.

Car insurance?
Chill is the one I use gives you a good idea what you will end up paying

Sent from my D2203 using Tapatalk

Yeah for car insurance. Need to get both our cars insured as changing plates.

Aviva gives a multi car discount making them the cheapest option so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be better through a broker Profi.

There are two large ones in Wexford and they might be worth a shot.

Chill.ie is expensive.

Have u moved back here full time?

southeasthorseboxrepairs.ie

Chill.ie is expensive.

Have u moved back here full time?

southeasthorseboxrepairs.ie

Aviva seems most competitive. Tried one broker for house insurance but were more expensive than Arachis.

Yeah moved back lock, stock now

Aviva seems most competitive. Tried one broker for house insurance but were more expensive than Arachis.

Yeah moved back lock, stock now

Congrats on getting back.:thumbup::thumbup:
the only thing i have personally seen with any of the insurance companies is that you have to keep pricing around every year being as the dearest one this year may well be the cheapest next year:crying::crying:

fbd sent me a greatly increased quote for everything recently but after negotiations I fared out not bad really.
Ive never changed but threatened it a bit this time.

Had a quote off fbd which was 1/4 more than previous year, ended up with aviva for half what fbd wanted.

Ended up going through Arachas for the cars as well as the house.

They were recommended by my brother as he uses them for the farm policy.

got the renewal quote from fbd yesterday for the house sheds and yard, its up 100 from last year just so happy days.

got the renewal quote from fbd yesterday for the house sheds and yard, its up 100 from last year just so happy days.

Not so bad. Waiting on my car insurance quote to arrive yet. Hoping it won't go up too much or they may well be a row with FBD :lol:

Not so bad. Waiting on my car insurance quote to arrive yet. Hoping it won't go up too much or they may well be a row with FBD :lol:
ill clarify a bit more on my quote.
it was up 225 over last years quote when the letter came out, they took 125 off it when i rang them which left it 100 dearer than last years one.
they wouldnt take any less.
i know ins is up all over as there are so many claims so to get away for 100 is ok really.

Maybe someone might know, Old working dog had an accident here before christmas, whatever pricking he was doing around the tractor when I started up, I rolled over his mouth and broke one of his jaw bones, €700 later and all is well. Can this be claimed off the farm policy? or tractor insurance? or is it not worth hassle

Maybe someone might know, Old working dog had an accident here before christmas, whatever pricking he was doing around the tractor when I started up, I rolled over his mouth and broke one of his jaw bones, €700 later and all is well. Can this be claimed off the farm policy? or tractor insurance? or is it not worth hassle

Don't know for definite Ozzy but to me that sounds like the latter.

Have you the dogs explicitly mentioned on the farm policy?

Don't know for definite Ozzy but to me that sounds like the latter.

Have you the dogs explicitly mentioned on the farm policy?
Could the dog be classified as a third party? Of course then he'd have to fill out a claim form..:laugh: Joking aside the best thing is to ask FBD, nothing to loose but €700 to gain.

The car insurance renewal arrived by post yesterday from FBD :sad2::sweat:
Rang them this morning and no way would the budge. Nothing off it. Well fcuk them anyways.
Will be ringing around now for quotes but what I got so far didn't offer much of a difference.

The car insurance renewal arrived by post yesterday from FBD :sad2::sweat:
Rang them this morning and no way would the budge. Nothing off it. Well fcuk them anyways.
Will be ringing around now for quotes but what I got so far didn't offer much of a difference.

Try some of the comparison websites before you go near a broker Michael.

Will give you a fair idea then.

I'd expect you are seeing around a 30% increase?

Try some of the comparison websites before you go near a broker Michael.

Will give you a fair idea then.

I'd expect you are seeing around a 30% increase?

Yes, there or thereabouts. Fully comp aswell plus a 141 car but still its saucy enough from them.
I'll be shopping around for sure. Have nearly a month anyways before the policy expires.

Yes, there or thereabouts. Fully comp aswell plus a 141 car but still its saucy enough from them.
I'll be shopping around for sure. Have nearly a month anyways before the policy expires.
Our car insurance is up for renewal next week, it's done through a broker so I thought I'd try FBD for a quote, Fully comp on a 142 Corolla for myself and mrs. €495, the broker is getting it for €480 so we'll be sticking with him.

Back