Kuhn PH Slip clutch

it would depend on what type it is, and even then a setting might be hard to find.

what brand is it first?
and what type is it, has it a row of coil springs on bolts, or is it the 5 or 6 studs with nuts round a disc plate type unit?

sorry this one. The part in red is an adjustable screw that tightens or loosens the spring. I have never had the clutch slip so I suspect it is too tight.

Attachments

• clutch.jpg
    clutch.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 39
How long have you had the machine?
Has it ever slipped.
whilst you have it apart check for wear on the pawls ie the round sections with tapered ends.
is there any grease in there?
Should be a bit of grease it won't slip if dry.
the correct length of the spring depends on the tractor hp.
I have a diagram, let me know the hp and I can look it up.

sorry this one. The part in red is an adjustable screw that tightens or loosens the spring. I have never had the clutch slip so I suspect it is too tight.
you have it in one.
maybe she never was in the position where she needed it to let go, its not a slip clutch per say, its a cut out clutch, as in all duck or no dinner type of job.
someone else might have the settings, i suspect they are specific to the machine.
if you were going at it blind then backing it off one half turn will reduce the pressure on it somewhat.

Al try and remember to look the book in the morning . Its a 4m here but am nearly certain the settings for all the fixed machines are in it

Have it 3 years. Could have being set for higher hp tractor. Plenty of rock here so it should have slipped as often took hard knocks.
Wasn't dry but wasn't much grease in It either.

Our tractor is 115hp and it's a 3m Harrow

same as ours , we call them dog clutches , the settings for them are in the book , we slackened ours off quite a bit because its running of the front pto ( had to change housing for that to )

See after seeing that one am nearly certain that the previous one here was that type ,the book went with machine I,d only be guessing at the measurements .

Just for completeness was informed it should be 130mm for 110hp. Interestingly that's what it is set at so I'll just grease it up and pop it back in.

Back