Classic Tractor this month

Farmer pickells...this is a good suggestion. It is not something we have done so far during the life of Classic Tractor, but we'd like to get the full story, chapter and verse. The best person/people to speak to are always the designers. Any suggestions and introductions on this would be welcome as we'd like to get it nailed down. It is a story that needs to be told. R Day, Classic Tractor

Good man @Rorsday I see on facebook that you got it contact with the creator of the moffett tractor register/forum member and done a farm favourite article on his nh moffett :Thumbp2::Thumbp2::Thumbp2:

Jesus I must have done something wrong haven't got either last months or this months , now last months could have been the mix up with year end sub but thought it was paid early enough .

Indeed, was having a read over it last night. Wonder he doesn't use the 4wd 1390 for ploughing.
Ah the John Deere section was nice :Thumbp2:
I'd have taken the 6910 and 6920s over the rest of them.

The power between the 1390 and 1494 is probably more noticeable.

I was surprised he was using the 1212 for ploughing but then it does have the much improved Secura cab.:Thumbp2:

The David Brown article was interesting, I had it handed over the counter before I paid any attention to the John Deere cover story :tdown:

Seems to be demand for DB's around the tipp region for some reason..

It must be Tippcon buying them all up..... For export to Yorkshire.

Tipperary would have been a fairly good area for Browns. Henderson and Bailey in the north of the county, Barlos in latter years in the other end. I don't know who sold them in the "red era" in the southern end . @Arthur, the artist formerly known as Spanner ?

Tipperary would have been a fairly good area for Browns. Henderson and Bailey in the north of the county, Barlos in latter years in the other end. I don't know who sold them in the "red era" in the southern end . @Arthur, the artist formerly known as Spanner ?

I never drove a David Brown, would you believe. They were a scarce creature around us at home. Ryan's of Inch House were David Brown dealers in the dim and distant past, along with Howard Rotavators, but they never sold a white one.

Hourihanes in Thurles, opposite the tax office were DB dealers, the red ones were before my time:tt2:

Hourihanes in Thurles, opposite the tax office were DB dealers, the red ones were before my time:tt2:

They sold Fords afterwards, when I presume Jamiesons in Roscrea went to Fiat , which was in about 1981.

Jim ? Hourihane canvassed around here at that time. A friend of mines father bought a 2600 off him.

I thought you might have been part of the design team for the Cropmaster ?

Back