john deere 6930

Squire

I have a 6930 with 2600 hours on clock which has been well minded but has recently started to build up preasure in diesel tank ,doesnt seem to be blocked cap as i have switched caps from a 6910 any ideas would be helpfull:smile:

New ULSD is hard on the flexible pipes and JD's seem a bit more prone to it.
Have the pipes been replaced?
Is it a bit slower to start than it use to be?

I have a 6930 with 2600 hours on clock which has been well minded but has recently started to build up preasure in diesel tank ,doesnt seem to be blocked cap as i have switched caps from a 6910 any ideas would be helpfull:smile:
Is it definitely pressureand not a vacuum?

Both my old 69202 and 6930 did that, it was the filler cap every time!

Flexiblre flow return pipes going fom the top of the tank under the cab!
Happens all the time with our 6620. They look fine either end but dont be fooled! Between chafing and the diesel screwing them up they go. And the tank gets blamed for spewing diesel out on to the top making you think it isnt the pipes fault!
Take Lh corner of the floor mat up to acces top of tank and simply pull new pipe through using the old ones. Easy and fairly cheap fix hopefully!

thanks for your help yes it can be slow to start in the morning and will stall within the first minute after that it is fine

thanks for your help yes it can be slow to start in the morning and will stall within the first minute after that it is fine
Flexible pipes.
They need changing as AYF says it is not a massive job.

Back