John deere 633 loader

Hall

Hi lads

Just looking a bit of advice on the above loader, we have nearly a deal done on a 6430 that has just the loader brackets fitted that fit this loader but i know nothing about them so are they any good or should i be ripping off the brackets for a quicke out fit ?

TIA

Hi lads

Just looking a bit of advice on the above loader, we have nearly a deal done on a 6430 that has just the loader brackets fitted that fit this loader but i know nothing about them so are they any good or should i be ripping off the brackets for a quicke out fit ?

TIA

We have a 653 loader on a 6430 from new, over 5000 hours done with it. Couldn't fault the loader really. Paint work could do with being a bit better but not terrible by any means.
When we were buying, the 633 was the "standard" loader for those tractors but we went for the 653 as it had a bit more height.

Grand and quick to pop the loader off too.

Have a Jd loader on our 6420 here, and like it a lot. Next door has a newer quickie on their 6430, and quite frankly I find it a ball ache to use!

Jd loader is far wider, allows you to view down the inside between the bonnet and loader and a bit less prone to twist. The cross pipe is high up on the loader, i find this especially useful when hitching up, quickie is lower and much harder to see past. Also the higher bar affords a view of the tips of our pallet forks. Used next doors loader with our forks and needed a guide from father for jobs I don't usually need a guide for.

If you get the choice between a hydraulic q hitch and standard, go hydraulic! No one believes how much more useful it is until they have it!

Edit, after looking at @CORK s post, ours is 653 too. 6500 hrs mostly loader work too, and none the worse.
Go extra reach always!

also, the 653 (and also perhaps the 633) will fit down over the front weights if you need to throw the loader on while also carrying front weights.

we have a Sauter front links on here now and the loader also fits down around them even with the link arms folded out!

Used a JD 5415 that was fitted with a 533 (I'm sure it was) loader. Spent the odd piece of a day loading sand with it and thought it was a fine solid loader. I would think the bigger loaders are as solid, so no I wouldn't be ripping the brackets off for a Quicke.

I spoke for a while on here how I needed another tractor and loader but couldn't afford one. I caved in the summer and bought a second hand JD 5090r (90hp) with a 583 loader ( one below 633 ) it has self-levelling and soft ride etc. It spent the summer hauling and stacking wraps , hay, straw etc and I'm thoroughly impressed. Good visibility and seems well made.

Correction. Turns out mine is a 631. Lord knows what variant that makes it. Or how different it is to any other.... but jd loader all the way!

Hi lads

TIA

Have a 6430 here with a JD633 loader on it from new, gets lots of work all year round and has never given a minutes trouble. Work away hope it goes well for you

once upon a time a member would be on here saying there,s nothing better than a quicke:wink:

Horses for courses I suppose, I'd consider the Quicke a much nicer loader than the JD. A lot of the new Deeres around here would go out with Rossmore loaders on them.

Horses for courses I suppose, I'd consider the Quicke a much nicer loader than the JD. A lot of the new Deeres around here would go out with Rossmore loaders on them.

thats because the Rossmore is a cheaper loader. We had one on the last tractor. Theyre ok but the John Deere is much better finished imo.

once upon a time a member would be on here saying there,s nothing better than a quicke:wink:

I have a Quicke and my brother has a JD633 and I would like the Quicke much better.
The visibility is streets ahead on the Quicke and the soft ride is useless on the JD.
But the JD is built to last and has great power and reach, I would consider it a big ignorant awkward yoke that does it's job very well and will last a lifetime.

thats because the Rossmore is a cheaper loader. We had one on the last tractor. Theyre ok but the John Deere is much better finished imo.

I don't know how much a John Deere loader is, but there's only about €1500 between a Rossmore and a Quicke. The JD is a better finished loader than the Rossmore I agree, but it's a heavier and more awkward loader than either the Quicke or the Rossmore.

I don't know how much a John Deere loader is, but there's only about €1500 between a Rossmore and a Quicke. The JD is a better finished loader than the Rossmore I agree, but it's a heavier and more awkward loader than either the Quicke or the Rossmore.

no experience of a quickie but i couldnt say the deere is more swkward than the rossmore.

I have a Quicke and my brother has a JD633 and I would like the Quicke much better.
The visibility is streets ahead on the Quicke and the soft ride is useless on the JD.
But the JD is built to last and has great power and reach, I would consider it a big ignorant awkward yoke that does it's job very well and will last a lifetime.

i agree with ya theres a problem with visibilty on the jd loader compared to quicke. jd joystick is much better tho. quicke cables get loose and worn very quick

i agree with ya theres a problem with visibilty on the jd loader compared to quicke. jd joystick is much better tho. quicke cables get loose and worn very quick

Really is horses for courses. I find the Jd much better for visability.
From what I can make out it all depends how a person is used to looking. I look down between bonnet and frame, can se edges of the bucket well enough that way.
Quickie useres might tend to lean to one side for a view making them lean further with a jd and struggle to see. And vice versa for me using quickie.

Anyone with any figures on how heavy they really are compared to each other?

Narrowness of the quickie gives me the heebie jeebies somehow, doesnt feel strong and stable because of it.

Have seen a couple of quickie loaders getting completely twisted/strained but have never seen it with a jd loader.

On the subject of loaders, has anyone on here a tractor loader that will lift two ton comfortably. Have a massey/quicke 941 here will just lift 1.75 ton .would love to be able to move a pallet . Is it more down to the loader or the tractor hydraulics ?

On the subject of loaders, has anyone on here a tractor loader that will lift two ton comfortably. Have a massey/quicke 941 here will just lift 1.75 ton .would love to be able to move a pallet . Is it more down to the loader or the tractor hydraulics ?

our jd 653 on 6430 will lift 2tn pallet fairly comfortably. Tractor steering is very difficult though. I wouldnt like to be doing it too often as must be hard on the tyres and final drives. Itll lift it high enough to place on a trailer.

The newer Rossmore are better as far as I know then the older ones. Happy out with the FL45 here so far.
I'd have an MX loader before a Quicke tbh. The MX look a tidier loader and visibility seems good.

The newer Rossmore are better as far as I know then the older ones. Happy out with the FL45 here so far.
I'd have an MX loader before a Quicke tbh. The MX look a tidier loader and visibility seems good.

MX is a nice loader alright, it would be between it and the Quicke for me. The hydraulic self-levelling on the MX would be a big advantage over the Quicke, there are a few nice touches on them. I priced a few last year and the Trima was the cheapest of the lot by a nice bit, but was very basic when you got down to details.

I had a Q55 Quickie loader on a JD 6320 and it would lift 2ton with weight behind, have a JD H340 now and find it a far better loader. Far better mounting brackets and no sway when loading grain especially, the Q55 seemed to move sway quite a bit.

Reactions: AYF
Thanks lads, lots of info there, so maybe a 653 would be a better bet for filling feeder wagon and stacking bales, would that then be the equivalent of a q66 quicke I assume.
Trouble now is finding a decent used boom as we will have the brackets and joystick on the tractor anybody know what the going rate for a 633/653 would be

Back