Most useful tools for under €50

josh

Moderator/IT Guy
Thought this might be an interesting thread. I've found knipex cobra water pump pliers a great tool for all sorts of jobs. Most water pump pliers are rubbish but these work really well, for about €20.

Thought this might be an interesting thread. I've found knipex cobra water pump pliers a great tool for all sorts of jobs. Most water pump pliers are rubbish but these work really well, for about €20.
knipex make great pliers most of my circlip pliers are knipex.picked one of these on ebay great job for clamping steel plates together for drilling in the drill press.http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Facom-230mm-...686436?hash=item5d6adadb64:g:DT4AAOSwXyVYJ5J5 the postage puts me over the €50 limit does that count.

mash_hammer.jpg

220px-WD-40.jpg

black-cable-tie.png

fifty?

twenty quid will go a long way

Surprised no-one has said it but the common as muck vise grip has to be thee best tool ever invented and for well under 50 euro. When I say best now I mean most universal tool. There a disaster on nuts and bolts but it would be very hard to do certain jobs without them.

http://www.drapertools.com/product/80964/Inspection-Lamp-with-Rechargeable-4W-COB-LED-and-UV-LED Despite the price shown here I got one of these for €45, probably the most used individual piece of equipment I have, magnetic base coupled with the swivel joint is better than an extra pair of hands.
Have one of those maybe 2 years now, quit a while back & would only work while on the charger. Took it apart & one of the plugs had jumped off so was an easy fix, good magnets on them too.

Been getting a lot of bits from Lidl this past while.....

1: set of spanners £30, maybe not that cheap but cover a good range of sizes & saves better ones.

2: chisels & punch set maybe £10 each, chisels got plenty of abuse rebuilding mower bed.

3: Drill £20~£30 I think, not top quality but ok for round the yard.

4: soldering iron set, saved the price of it putting new button on Merlo joystick.

5: tap set £10 I think, has 2 taps & drill for each size.

6: tap & die set £15~£20, unopened as yet.

7: my favourite....oh rang me from lidl store, had a back room opened up & full of stuff they couldn't shift, got a good few items cheap extension leads ect & 2 of these at a tenner each, only risked 2 as was over the phone & unseen but wish I'd got more, even have spare blades for the hacksaw....they live in the tractors.

Attachments

• 247.JPG
    247.JPG
    176.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 249.JPG
    249.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 248.JPG
    248.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 252.JPG
    252.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 250.JPG
    250.JPG
    207.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 251.JPG
    251.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 256.JPG
    256.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 87

1: set of spanners £30, maybe not that cheap but cover a good range of sizes & saves better ones.

2: chisels & punch set maybe £10 each, chisels got plenty of abuse rebuilding mower bed.

4: soldering iron set, saved the price of it putting new button on Merlo joystick.

7: my favourite....oh rang me from lidl store, had a back room opened up & full of stuff they couldn't shift, got a good few items cheap extension leads ect & 2 of these at a tenner each, only risked 2 as was over the phone & unseen but wish I'd got more, even have spare blades for the hacksaw....they live in the tractors.
I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the spanner set, a few quality ones 25mm upwards would set you back a fair few quid, you lads seem to get stuff in Lidl that doesn't appear in their stores down here.

Infarness I tink lidl or Aldi is the only place to buy alot of them tools you will loose them before you break them !!

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=49159

I bought this set about 8 years ago in Lidl when it came in a blue box with crappier hinges. It is the best money I have ever spent on tools. I bought it as a set to leave in the boot but it ended up being the set that got used on every job because it has enough to do 90% of jobs but almost no heavy bulky stuff that doesn't get used so is small and light with it. The abuse it has taken is unreal. The only thing i broke out of it was the 1/4 ratchet and that was by doing the complete c**t on it with my boot.

The box it comes in now is a lot better (proper hinges and locks) I can't say as to the contents.

I would not trust myself with a light and heavy duty ratchet in the same box as some day the light one will be used to hold a stubborn bolt head against the heavy one with possible dire consequences. I think a set of spaners with a 1/2" set is a good idea.

I agree on the spanners. The thing about the lidl set though is you have deep sockets in the common sizes and a 1/2 Tbar which will see you good most of the time.

Back