New Mower Conditioner

Trailed are slowing going out of fashion around these parts especially with front and back combinations. Imo you wont beat the floating abilities of a trailed mower. Mounted will be cheaper. I dont like quick fit as if you hit an obstacle the blade is lost as opposed to getting bent and been able to straighten it with a length of box section
Have a Pottinger mounted here going into it's 4th season with qf blades, broke many but never lost one yet.

I could not see how any mower could out last kuhn 302/jd 1365 .They have stoped making that kuhn model and dont know anything about replacement model .I wonder can you still buy 1365 brand new???
Have a 08 1365 here in good shape used for grouping & backup, it's going nowhere.

Interesting!!!! what about hitching up to mounted ones, can some makes/models be more difficult than others?? Mounted seem to have become the norm round here, rarely see a trailed now, most probably down to the extra price when new.
What are the prices for various wear items for different makes, skids and conditioner tines?? Krone skids seem stinking dear about £130 the last time I asked.

The only real issue with the mounted potty here when it comes to hitching is that you need to wind the top link in to the last, not an issue as recycled points out if you have hyd top link. But it can be a pain with a normal toplink

Have to wind a fair way out with ours, mainly due to the way the floor falls away from the tractor where it's usually parked

I hook mine on, wind top link in 3 turns if I want to shave the field, hooked off on a flat floor tho....can get the link arms latched in before I leave the seat if I get lined up straight...not often tho.

Try to do that as much as possible, have a lump of a sleeper for the back of the mower to sit on to help keep it closer to where it needs to be.
Used to do that with the front Kuhn to save adjusting top link, it has left here now.

I hook mine on, wind top link in 3 turns if I want to shave the field, hooked off on a flat floor tho....can get the link arms latched in before I leave the seat if I get lined up straight...not often tho.

Yours is the new model potty isn't it? I think they've improved it a bit for hooking up, it's the older novacat we have and can be a bit harder to get in tight the way it's folded back when hooking up

Interesting!!!! what about hitching up to mounted ones, can some makes/models be more difficult than others?? Mounted seem to have become the norm round here, rarely see a trailed now, most probably down to the extra price when new.
What are the prices for various wear items for different makes, skids and conditioner tines?? Krone skids seem stinking dear about £130 the last time I asked.
Just looked at the docket there today the skid closest to the tractor on the potty was €100 delivered direct to the door, think it was around the same for the stone guards we got a couple of years ago too.

Quite happy with the pottinger here, was very happy until I blew two gearboxes doing first cut at home this year. Other than that it's been fault free (touching wood) very tidy for transport with folding up and round so it's lifted straight up behind you if you want.
Saying that there's not much between any of them for doing your own, 150ac a year I'd be disappointed if any of them didn't last a long time.
Has your pottinger quick fit blades I had one here and it wrecked my head tip a stone blade bent down and put hole in bed. It was the fact the blades were nearly solid in the quickfit

Yours is the new model potty isn't it? I think they've improved it a bit for hooking up, it's the older novacat we have and can be a bit harder to get in tight the way it's folded back when hooking up
It is yes.

Back