Cost of 1200hr service on new tractors

If there that untrustworthy why put business there way?

As I said before believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see. A neighbour of mine rang up the garage I worked in complaining about why his tractor wasn't serviced, foreman came out giving out to me because I was supposed to have done it that morning(which I had). Had to go in and answer a few questions on the phone as to how could I service it when it was outside the house, locked, master switch turned off and gone and it looked like it hadn't being touched. Must have done a good tidy job when this lad couldn't see anything out of place, good job I fucked the old filters out in the corner of his yard under a tree or he'd still be bad mouthing me saying it wasn't done:whistle:

Yad want to leave the dirty filters on the cab floor for some lads

Would they own up if you caught them out? its too easy for garages to abuse the servicing side of things, I've heard stories which may or may not be true, it makes you not trust anyone!
They may not but you then know

the blizzard.
Diesel filters (pair) E8
engine oil filter E7
hydraulic oil filter- E32
engine oil approx 7 litres- E28
back end oil approx 55 litres E220
air filters (pair)- E50
so that all the bits for a full service front to back for E345

Most car garages just blow out an air filter and charge you for a new one. The same with brake fluid and gear box oil. New cars have specific mileage for to change these and I have seen gear box oil nuts untouched and people paid for oil change

Local truck man sent his jeep in for first 15000km serivce. he always writes on filter date etc. jeep came home and he checked it and the same filter was still on it. he rang up the garage a few weeks later and thanked them for the lifetime warranty they were after giving him on the engine after their fraudulent workmanship

My mf is coming up to its 10k birthday so will get a full service
Agco wanted £500 for every filter on her:blink::no:Got a set of Baldwin and mann filters for £280
Trans oil 50l £100
gear oil for front axle and rear trumpets say another £50

Im a bit dubious about changing the hyd oil as ive had a few leaks latly and its had a few cans topping up
All my own labour
There are two suction filters inside the tank for the hydraulic oil. Wouldn't be much point in changing the oil by the sound of it so could you pump some of out into a clean can through the tractors spools?

There are two suction filters inside the tank for the hydraulic oil. Wouldn't be much point in changing the oil by the sound of it so could you pump some of out into a clean can through the tractors spools?
Afaik they are metal screens???

Many years ago a mate had a mk2 golf gti
Always sent it in for a oilchange to a local non dealer garage every i think it was 3k miles

Got to about 60k miles and engine bang:scared:
He pulled the drain plug and nothing:blink:
Struggled to poke a screwdriver through the drain hole:blink::blink:
Dropped the sump and there was about 3 inch of near solid tarry like substance

Turns out the garage only swapped the filter....

In all fairness you should pull the dipstick every now and then, I do anyway

If a chap came here and fired used filters under a tree he wouldn't be long getting the road.
Totally unprofessional

If a chap came here and fired used filters under a tree he wouldn't be long getting the road.
Totally unprofessional

Normally I'd agree but there was already 4 or 5 fresh hyd pumps under the same tree from where he thought he knew more than he did, so I decided it was safe enough to leave a couple drained oil and fuel filters beside them :Whistle2:

I was told a story by a very genuine man the other day, some guy had a fendt tractor and a young fella was driving it and over revved the engine and it blew up, he told me that they send the computer from the tractor over to germany and they can see how fast you were going, weight you had behind the tractor everything! Is that right? The same man was telling me is a fendt owner as well,

Reactions: max
I was told a story by a very genuine man the other day, some guy had a fendt tractor and a young fella was driving it and over revved the engine and it blew up, he told me that they send the computer from the tractor over to germany and they can see how fast you were going, weight you had behind the tractor everything! Is that right? The same man was telling me is a fendt owner as well,

Spot on. A man I know off got a transmission on warranty, when he (his driver) blew that one they were able to plug in the computer and see that it had done up to 80kph. Ended up changing the tractor.

I don't think they would be able to tell exactly how much weight it was pulling but would be able to see how much load the engine/transmission was under when something let go. Did hear of a UK contractor who had a couple and the 'drivers' would free wheel down hills and popped a couple of engines. Looking at the data logging they were able to see forward speed and engine speed at the time of the incident.

my jcb 310s can be plugged in and most of that info is availible

Lads got a quote for a 1200 service on a 4 cyl nh and nearly had heart failure

What's the general price
Tractor is 9 months old

Just remembered I did a 1200h service on a 4 year old t5.105 a few months ago, genuine filters, genuine engine oil, proper grade transmission oil, wash out rads and tractor, grease tractor and loader, blow out air filters and check over and change coolant. Tractor was in perfect neck with everything working so no other work. €670.

Fairly sure setting tappets is down for that service but I didn't deem it necessary which would also add the price of a rocker cover gasket.

In the dealers defence dealers are underpaid by manufacturers for warranty work so there is possibility a hour or two added in for warranty work as part of set price services. Don't forget if the dealer isn't making some sort of profit they won't be there to provide that service.

Just remembered I did a 1200h service on a 4 year old t5.105 a few months ago, genuine filters, genuine engine oil, proper grade transmission oil, wash out rads and tractor, grease tractor and loader, blow out air filters and check over and change coolant. Tractor was in perfect neck with everything working so no other work. €670.

Fairly sure setting tappets is down for that service but I didn't deem it necessary which would also add the price of a rocker cover gasket.

In the dealers defence dealers are underpaid by manufacturers for warranty work so there is possibility a hour or two added in for warranty work as part of set price services. Don't forget if the dealer isn't making some sort of profit they won't be there to provide that service.
670 isn't too bad in fairness. Is that plus vat?
Where are the 1500 plus vat charges coming from then?

I would think most fairly modern tractors they would be able to tell what's gone on, it will just show up as error codes, transmission over speed, engine over rev e.t.c. It will show at what hours it happened and how many times, there's Fendts round here that have been over revved with fairly expensive consequences!!!!!!!!:eek3:

How exactly do you over-rev a modern electronically controlled engine?

Back