Hurricane Ophelia

you are probably been expected to do this work as charity aswell. Sure as god that lad mentioned above will be telling everyone, how much you charged him and that you robbed him during his hour of need.

Well a few of their attitudes won't won't help them when it comes to the bill after today, I always try to be fair but where I would of rounded back the hour I'll probably round it up now

What size generator have you for the house?
One thats too small!
Coincidentally enough, its a Pramac, your typical 'builder' 4kva (on paper) type generator with Honda engine, wasnt bought for the house but will work most of the lighter things.
Plan is to buy something bigger, or a welder/generator is tempting, at least it would get a bit more use then.

Sisters power won't be back till Sunday that's the ballagh in wexford. @humungus have u power?
no power but have a generator and they are saying sunday at the earliest, only got the internet fixed today and no landline either, jesus i,ve a lot of catching up to do on here

Thanks for that, surprised the electrician didnt fit one of those at the time, but I will pick one up next time I am in CEF.
Seen it before most that do it don't care or claim they never seen one and sure no one ever got a shock the way it was

Who else is still out of power? Brian has arrived now and our update from esb is next Tuesday now for electricity:sad2:

Nothing here either,.it's saying Tuesday night for us too.

Wexford is depending on our neighbours in Western Power now.

Real community spirit prevelant though, have been able to get drinking water and phones charged with very good neighbours who have power.

One thats too small!
Coincidentally enough, its a Pramac, your typical 'builder' 4kva (on paper) type generator with Honda engine, wasnt bought for the house but will work most of the lighter things.
Plan is to buy something bigger, or a welder/generator is tempting, at least it would get a bit more use then.
Is it just servicing the house or does it work a private well also? I got a 3.5kva for the water pump and the electrician told me it would run the house as well.

Is it just servicing the house or does it work a private well also? I got a 3.5kva for the water pump and the electrician told me it would run the house as well.
No, we have scheme water here. It may well run some of the house as well as the water pump, but there wouldnt want to be much plugged in I'd imagine.
Realistically (as said on the genny thread) you would need 6kva+ for a bit of comfort
The thing is of course that this back up is very rarely needed (last time we had a big outage was the 2014 storm) and it tends to get forgotten about till the next time!

No, we have scheme water here. It may well run some of the house as well as the water pump, but there wouldnt want to be much plugged in I'd imagine.
Realistically (as said on the genny thread) you would need 6kva+ for a bit of comfort
The thing is of course that this back up is very rarely needed (last time we had a big outage was the 2014 storm) and it tends to get forgotten about till the next time!
You also couldn't use laptops or flat screen TVs with them as they are sensitive to irregular power, you could get a 6.5 kva with power regulator that all those appliances can be used on.

You also couldn't use laptops or flat screen TVs with them as they are sensitive to irregular power, you could get a 6.5 kva with power regulator that all those appliances can be used on.
I nervously chanced using the TV last time, and it didnt do it any harm, but not ideal either.

are you sure you're not thinking of an 12vdc-ac inverter? they produce a square wave ac which laptops don't like.

Am surprised at the ESB not cutting back the trees, they will be round every 3 or 4 years here everything within range gets cut back any plantations would have a swath 50 or 60 feet wide through it clear . The idea at the time was cutting trees was more cost effective than repairing lines maybe one the hierarchy,s better ideas.

Am surprised at the ESB not cutting back the trees, they will be round every 3 or 4 years here everything within range gets cut back any plantations would have a swath 50 or 60 feet wide through it clear . The idea at the time was cutting trees was more cost effective than repairing lines maybe one the hierarchy,s better ideas.
Pay for regular time is not as good as double or triple pay overtime

They are not called the tree toppers around here for nothing!!

Another night with the candles here and probably the whole weekend too now with Brian raging outside.

They are not called the tree toppers around here for nothing!!

Another night with the candles here and probably the whole weekend too now with Brian raging outside.
Now you know how things roll in chez DP, where every night is candle lit :whistle:

It's gone fair windy out around here. Few aul squibs of rain on and off but nothing to stop me heading to scrap Saturday and sure I might pull up at a refuelling depot on the way home for some refreshments :drunk::clap:

Back in action again from this morning, hopefully everyone else is back too.
We were out for 36 hours and the new Topaz garage was out as well . I would have thought they would have a Genny . A convoy of French Linesmen were seen heading down the kilkenny road .

Back