Daily weather forecast update

We had a lovely day here. Lots of sun but low temps. We had a shit load of rain Christmas eve night. Had to move my cattle this morning because they were swimming.

Anyone seen Ken rings 2018 forecast in the Journal? Snow in June!

He was way off last year.

To be honest that forecast is not worth the paper it's written on so I wouldn't even give it the time of the day any longer....

Lot of rain fell yesterday here after a nice enough morning. Lot of water on the road last night. Fierce cold too with frost overnight. Nice bright sunny day now today.

Windy as hell last night and if I find the bucket that woke me up crashing around the yard at some ungodly hour this morning I'll put the wheel of the loader over it. Must have rained a fair amount to. The lads predicting a frosty winter have been slightly off so far.

Windy enough here last night and still a bit now but nothing like what they forecasted.
Was stopped at traffic lights in Cork City last night around 10:30 pm with herself. There was a gale of wind came up out of know where from behind & man did it rock the landcruiser for a bit :laugh:
It came in such a gust.

It was around 6.5 degrees today but that wind had a right bite in it. Lovely sunshine though and much healtheir then warm wet clammy weather.

Showing 8 degrees here on the phone today but perishing cold. I agree, much healthier all round for man and beast.

It's six degrees here today according to the phone anyways.
A cold snap in it and squally showers to boot. Still not too bad for the day of the year.
Role on a good spring and better summer than the last one :Thumbp2:

Just back from a walk on the local beach .for a calm evening never saw the waves so strong .must be on account of the strong moon

Attachments

• 20180101_171155.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 20
Wow that was some blast. We drove from galway to home and just managed to keep ahead of it but when we got to the door it was very windy. Electricity gone. It's a major fault. Everything for miles around is in darkness. Hope everyone is safe

Blew serious here from about 5pm till about 7.30 pm.
Went to check on cattle and sheds etc.etc.etc at the home place.
As I turned in the road their was two of the non farming neighbours parking their cars up for the night as their was a tree down (big old Sally bush) across the road.
All talk of having to get council or a tree surgeon out in the morning to clear it.
I just laughed to myself and told them it won't be their in an hour. Went and got one of the tractors and a chain and pulled it into the field that it tell from.
In all fairness the two fellas did come out and help with the chaining up of it and we're amazed at how easy it was to pull back into the field. (Six ton will do that :lol:)
All in all thankfully no one hurt and no damage to nothing so not a bad result. Another notch up for farmers. Where would they be without us in times like this :Thumbp2:.

It's coming and going in gusts here. An hour or 2 ago it was looking rough but thankfully it's lost the worst of it's power now.

No big wind down here, the storm went well north of us, not a patch on the ex hurricane ophelia when met eireann had us all on a red weather warning, funnily enough the exact same highest wind speed during ophelia was recorded at roches point and the highest wind last night was in knock and they were identical yet no red alert and Connaught was not even on a organge weather warning. I wonder were half of met eireann staff still on holidays, if they got ophelia so right how did they get this one so wrong both in its track and ferocity.

No big wind down here, the storm went well north of us, not a patch on the ex hurricane ophelia when met eireann had us all on a red weather warning, funnily enough the exact same highest wind speed during ophelia was recorded at roches point and the highest wind last night was in knock and they were identical yet no red alert and Connaught was not even on a organge weather warning. I wonder were half of met eireann staff still on holidays, if they got ophelia so right how did they get this one so wrong both in its track and ferocity.

Much greater damage done around here than Ophelia did. Met Eireann made a big mistake only putting us on a yellow warning. The track that they predicted for the storm actually got less damage than Connacht and North leinster. It was short and sharp, but it's lucky that noone was hurt in it.

About 3am the wind around here was ferocious. Certainly much stronger then Ophelia was. The roar of it at times was genuinely worrying but thankfully I don't think it's done any harm. Rainfall was and is even now coming down in bucket fulls. Met eireann as usual were wrong.

About 3am the wind around here was ferocious. Certainly much stronger then Ophelia was. The roar of it at times was genuinely worrying but thankfully I don't think it's done any harm. Rainfall was and is even now coming down in bucket fulls. Met eireann as usual were wrong.
Worst of the wind here was between 5 and 7pm, seemed to calm down for a while then but picked up again, got a hammering of thunder and lightning around 3am which for some reason tripped out the sockets in the house:scared:, apart from a few bits of small branches no obvious damage.

Back