F---in car drivers

White Ford Transit van man decides to overtake an artic truck as I'm coming the other way, luckily there was a hard shoulder to escape to, in big letters across the front of the Transit "GARDA"
Pity you hadn't a dash cam to record the goings on of our law enforcers.

White Ford Transit van man decides to overtake an artic truck as I'm coming the other way, luckily there was a hard shoulder to escape to, in big letters across the front of the Transit "GARDA"

No blue lights I take it, I suppose they were in a hurry for a coffee :rolleyes2:

Twice this week I encountered a Schumacher on the n4 in a 01 stand out green vw people carrier. The first day he passed me and the tractor and silage trailer that I was behind by going into the hard shoulder. The second day he passed me and 2 articulated lorries in the hard shoulder and ran out of road at the covert and had to use the grass to get by. He was stuck behind a big line of traffic after that. I could see him a few vehicles ahead of me. But he pulled of at supermacs 3 miles down the road for a schnack box and a fanta. I pulled in after him and so did one of the lorries. The driver gave him a bollocking. I thought he would be foreign but it was a young Irish lad of about 18.

Twice this week I encountered a Schumacher on the n4 in a 01 stand out green vw people carrier. The first day he passed me and the tractor and silage trailer that I was behind by going into the hard shoulder. The second day he passed me and 2 articulated lorries in the hard shoulder and ran out of road at the covert and had to use the grass to get by. He was stuck behind a big line of traffic after that. I could see him a few vehicles ahead of me. But he pulled of at supermacs 3 miles down the road for a schnack box and a fanta. I pulled in after him and so did one of the lorries. The driver gave him a bollocking. I thought he would be foreign but it was a young Irish lad of about 18.

And I bet no N plates or indeed L plates....

Was coming home late on Friday night and was on the dual carriage way down by Midleton. Noticed up ahead what appeared to be a car with no rear lights on. Says I now this could be some auld crock of a thing. The vehicles rear number plate was the only give a way as my lights reflected slightly off it. Anyways I approached with caution and overtook them. A 161 Renault clio driving with just the day time running lights activated. This was nearly midnight now like so was pitch dark. What a dumbass of a driver I thought who couldn't have the sense to switch the lights on :scratchhead::rolleyes2:

We have some senseless people driving nowadays who think the car automatically must do everything for them.

Last night on my way home after finishing drawing in bales around 11 o'clock I met a right twat. I was pulling in home (turning right crossing the road) and turned on my indicator in plenty of time. Just as I was ready to swing in the gate, di**head decides he wants to overtake me. Thankfully, he saw sense just before he hit me and jammed on the brakes.
They seem to be all out this week. I've a lot of road covered in the tractor and the amount of close calls I've had is rather worrying....... :scratchhead:

Last night on my way home after finishing drawing in bales around 11 o'clock I met a right twat. I was pulling in home (turning right crossing the road) and turned on my indicator in plenty of time. Just as I was ready to swing in the gate, di**head decides he wants to overtake me. Thankfully, he saw sense just before he hit me and jammed on the brakes.
They seem to be all out this week. I've a lot of road covered in the tractor and the amount of close calls I've had is rather worrying....... :scratchhead:

Something similar happened me last Sunday week when I was drawing silage, coming towards the field I put on the right indicator in loads of time and as I was slowing up to turn in the gate here didn't I spot a thicko in a SUV going about passing. Himself and Mildred nearly had a very close look at the tractor wheel. Just out of thickness I didn't let him pass, he had to reverse and he got an almighty dirty look off me :angry::angry::angry:

I've done a lot more daytime weekend driving in the past few days and I must say the attitude towards safety of car occupants really shocked me.

I would honestly say on the M50/M1 last Saturday I came across at least 5 cars with kids who were not restrained and literally running around in the boot.

Now I fully appreciate kids and cars are not a great mix but this is just wrong...

I was on the road with the tractor the other day with the tractor, the fog was unbelievable, suddenly out of nowhere a grey car rocketed past me coming in the opposite direction, on a bend like, I shuddered he was inches from the front wheel he flew off into the fog and disappeared in seconds.. come on people seriously?

It was madness in the fog that day and anytime there's fog, morons going around with no lights on or with just the park lights. Since then there has been the fog light brigade who can't be arsed to turn off said fog lights or who don't realise they still have them on. How some people manage to dress themselves in the morning amazes me.
I'm promising to get a dash cam this long time, anyone got any suggestions of good makes?

It was madness in the fog that day and anytime there's fog, morons going around with no lights on or with just the park lights. Since then there has been the fog light brigade who can't be arsed to turn off said fog lights or who don't realise they still have them on. How some people manage to dress themselves in the morning amazes me.
I'm promising to get a dash cam this long time, anyone got any suggestions of good makes?
Got a nextbase 312g a while back in halfords. Grand job.

Outside lane hogger's on the South Link road last night. I can never understand how they think it's acceptable behaviour to drive at 80 km/hr in the outside lane while (a) not overtaking any vehicle(s) in lane 1 and (b) allowing a build up of impatient drivers behind. Me included. They are just brain dead idiots in fairness. Came across one such idiot who when I could eventually overtake could see the light of her phone in her hand :angry: clearly more occupied by the phone then watching the road.

There are very few 'real drivers' left on the road now and by that I mean people who can actually operate and control their vehicles while able to use basic functions like indicators and lights correctly. Driver's who can assess the road and what's ahead and who can actually drive. All we seem to have now is people who just sit in, turn the key and make some attempt to get to their destination while driving their vehicles in whatever clueless fashion they wish. Rant over :laugh:

Outside lane hogger's on the South Link road last night. I can never understand how they think it's acceptable behaviour to drive at 80 km/hr in the outside lane while (a) not overtaking any vehicle(s) in lane 1 and (b) allowing a build up of impatient drivers behind. Me included. They are just brain dead idiots in fairness. Came across one such idiot who when I could eventually overtake could see the light of her phone in her hand :angry: clearly more occupied by the phone then watching the road.

There are very few 'real drivers' left on the road now and by that I mean people who can actually operate and control their vehicles while able to use basic functions like indicators and lights correctly. Driver's who can assess the road and what's ahead and who can actually drive. All we seem to have now is people who just sit in, turn the key and make some attempt to get to their destination while driving their vehicles in whatever clueless fashion they wish. Rant over :laugh:

I agree, and I wouldn't consider it a rant, rather an opinion which I would say many would agree with.
If you used the N7 from Naas to Dublin regularly you would be fairly peeved off with the middle land hoggers who insist on going slower than the speed limit but who won't use the inside lane. I cannot for the life of me understand how people get passed in the driving tests when it is supposed to be more difficult than it was years ago.

I agree, and I wouldn't consider it a rant, rather an opinion which I would say many would agree with.
If you used the N7 from Naas to Dublin regularly you would be fairly peeved off with the middle land hoggers who insist on going slower than the speed limit but who won't use the inside lane. I cannot for the life of me understand how people get passed in the driving tests when it is supposed to be more difficult than it was years ago.
Thats why u have horns and headlight flashers

Probably because they like to see half a mile up the road to figure where they are going and if they went in the inside lane they would have to look at the arse of an artic and might miss a road sign.

Thats why u have horns and headlight flashers

Yes, but these people are the kind of tossers who would send an email into the local radio stations morning talk show looking for airtime about how they were beeped & flashed off the road :lol::rolleyes2:
just so it could get some attention on Facebook by said radio station(s) page :rolleyes2:

Those bellends who leave their full lights on when driving against oncoming vehicles on the motorway, especially tonights subject, the vehicle in front of me flashed them and they dimmed their lights only to turn them back on again once they passed them and blinded me again :censored:

Here, here I wouldn't mind only most motorways are well enough lit up and all have cats eyes so there is no real need for full lights.

They get the message from me when they get the spots burning a hole in their heads if they don't dim :fight:

While ye are ranting about drivers.
I am seeing it more and more where you are moving along on a main road at 60 to 70km/hr in heavy enough traffic and one of the drivers up front decides to brake heavily in order to let a car come out from a side road. Everything behind has to suddenly brake hard and it comes close to causing a fender bender. yesterday a lad was coming behind me and was not prepared for the stop so he had to brake into the hard shoulder. Now, if traffic is stop start and moving bumper to bumper then i have no problem with stopping to let someone out but stopping from speed is a dangerous maneuver!

Light problem here too - specifically with all models of Hyundai and a few BMW's.
But the Hyundai are the worst, even when dimmed, they dazzle. It's fine on a good wide road, but I have had to almost come to a full stop on a road where 2 cars were just about able to pass because of the blue dazzle from these Hyundai lights in order to ensure that i didn't cross the white line or go into the verge on the other side. i find them fierce hard on the eyes!

Back