F---in car drivers

While ye are ranting about drivers.
I am seeing it more and more where you are moving along on a main road at 60 to 70km/hr in heavy enough traffic and one of the drivers up front decides to brake heavily in order to let a car come out from a side road. Everything behind has to suddenly brake hard and it comes close to causing a fender bender. yesterday a lad was coming behind me and was not prepared for the stop so he had to brake into the hard shoulder. Now, if traffic is stop start and moving bumper to bumper then i have no problem with stopping to let someone out but stopping from speed is a dangerous maneuver!

Light problem here too - specifically with all models of Hyundai and a few BMW's.
But the Hyundai are the worst, even when dimmed, they dazzle. It's fine on a good wide road, but I have had to almost come to a full stop on a road where 2 cars were just about able to pass because of the blue dazzle from these Hyundai lights in order to ensure that i didn't cross the white line or go into the verge on the other side. i find them fierce hard on the eyes!

Would agree with you on the Hyundai’s alright. But the one that really gets me lately is the newer Toyotas with the super bright led day time running lights. Far to many times over the winter I came up behind a car with no rear lights well passed when you should have lights on and the driver todling on oblivious to the fact they no lights on because the drls are so bright in front.
The drls are actually something I’m not to keen on with my own golf but at least it has proper auto lights that turn on the dips and tail lights the second it gets dark enough for them, even on a dull day going under a long bridge they will often flick on

While ye are ranting about drivers.
I am seeing it more and more where you are moving along on a main road at 60 to 70km/hr in heavy enough traffic and one of the drivers up front decides to brake heavily in order to let a car come out from a side road. Everything behind has to suddenly brake hard and it comes close to causing a fender bender. yesterday a lad was coming behind me and was not prepared for the stop so he had to brake into the hard shoulder. Now, if traffic is stop start and moving bumper to bumper then i have no problem with stopping to let someone out but stopping from speed is a dangerous maneuver!

Light problem here too - specifically with all models of Hyundai and a few BMW's.
But the Hyundai are the worst, even when dimmed, they dazzle. It's fine on a good wide road, but I have had to almost come to a full stop on a road where 2 cars were just about able to pass because of the blue dazzle from these Hyundai lights in order to ensure that i didn't cross the white line or go into the verge on the other side. i find them fierce hard on the eyes!

I rear ended a car because of that years ago, some dickhead braked and left a lorry out of a junction, more times they'd let you sitting all day waiting go get out

Would agree with you on the Hyundai’s alright. But the one that really gets me lately is the newer Toyotas with the super bright led day time running lights. Far to many times over the winter I came up behind a car with no rear lights well passed when you should have lights on and the driver todling on oblivious to the fact they no lights on because the drls are so bright in front.
The drls are actually something I’m not to keen on with my own golf but at least it has proper auto lights that turn on the dips and tail lights the second it gets dark enough for them, even on a dull day going under a long bridge they will often flick on

Thought it was just me with the Toyotas! Especially the RAV models and their other SUV's!

Audis are another to add to the list!

I did a fair bit of going yesterday and the amount of cars with no lights on at all was shocking and the fog had visibility down to less then 100m in places. Good few with just the side lights on which to be frank they may as well not have bothered. Are people just stupid or are they clinically brain dead when it comes to trying to make the roads a tiny bit safer?.

I did a fair bit of going yesterday and the amount of cars with no lights on at all was shocking and the fog had visibility down to less then 100m in places. Good few with just the side lights on which to be frank they may as well not have bothered. Are people just stupid or are they clinically brain dead when it comes to trying to make the roads a tiny bit safer?.
Two accidents locally yesterday, both went straight on at bends driving to fast for the visibility.

Same as that I was delivering beet yesterday, leds on trailer, twin party hats and lights on and I was afraid of my life, you could count on one hand how many people had lights on and most who did only had them on as the car turned them on automatically :undecided:

Some people don't have a clue, small country roads that wouldn't have been gritted and to see the track in the snow of where people drove into blind right hand bends when there is barely room for 2 cars to pass, had one clown that must have though he was on studded tyres driving up my arse.

Saw a lad this morning revving the s****e out of an Avensis in first gear thinking he was going to go somewhere :rolleyes2:, two lads shouted across to him "Change to f****in second gear " :lol::lol:

Between people not having a clue on how to drive in snow or not clearing their windows/roofs of their cars properly and those who wouldn't wear proper footwear given the ice, you'd really have to wonder :scratchhead:

Saw a lad this morning revving the s****e out of an Avensis in first gear thinking he was going to go somewhere :rolleyes2:, two lads shouted across to him "Change to f****in second gear " :lol::lol:

Between people not having a clue on how to drive in snow or not clearing their windows/roofs of their cars properly and those who wouldn't wear proper footwear given the ice, you'd really have to wonder :scratchhead:
Was he wearing slippers too :lol::lol::lol:
I'll get my coat :oops2:

Behind the same driving instructor twice recently who was clearly telling the person to do that annoying indicate right then left when going straight through a roundabout, I was tempted to ring them and tell them what I thought.

Had the vet out last night to a sick animal and he was in a right foul mood on arrival which I put down to the roads. Anyway after a few minutes talking he tells me that the whole way from town to where he turns off for my road he had an utter arsehole driving right up his arse in a caddy. No more then 10 yards of a space left between the vets van and the trailing caddy. He said if he'd to touch the brakes at all yer man would have ploughed into the back of him.
Are people so brain dead these days that the basic concept of leaving a good space between you and the car in front of you doesn't enter their tiny minds?.

Had the vet out last night to a sick animal and he was in a right foul mood on arrival which I put down to the roads. Anyway after a few minutes talking he tells me that the whole way from town to where he turns off for my road he had an utter arsehole driving right up his arse in a caddy. No more then 10 yards of a space left between the vets van and the trailing caddy. He said if he'd to touch the brakes at all yer man would have ploughed into the back of him.
Are people so brain dead these days that the basic concept of leaving a good space between you and the car in front of you doesn't enter their tiny minds?.
I left foot brake when folk do that to me . Brings the brake lights on but you dint slow down

I left foot brake when folk do that to me . Brings the brake lights on but you dint slow down
There was a lad around here years ago who had a 1990 diesel corolla that had the pump well turned up in it. Whenever someone tailed him he'd drop the clutch and floor the accelerator for about 5 seconds revving flat out. When the black smoke cleared the trailing car would be safely half a kilometre behind wondering what the hell just happened.
MF30

Behind the same driving instructor twice recently who was clearly telling the person to do that annoying indicate right then left when going straight through a roundabout, I was tempted to ring them and tell them what I thought.
depends which lane he's in

Taking the 12 o clock from 6 o clock there’s no reason to indicate, it’s the same as being at a four crossroad all it does is confuse the people coming from the opposite direction they think you’re going around it :no:

Last edited:
Taking the 12 o clock from 6 o clock there’s no reason to indicate, it’s the same as being at a T junction all it does is confuse the people coming from the opposite direction they think you’re going around it :no:
Snow or ice at moment doesn't seem to slow drivers down

Well then i hope it's a wall or ditch stops them and not someone else. Had people stopped talking in the middle of the road today with their kids while i was driving diwn the hill towards them think it would dawn on them to move not a hope

Fuck the left foot braking,just dab the pedal hard to see how much attention they are paying to the road,if they hit you jump out saying your neck hurts :Thumbp2:win win

Driving was much easier today. Roads do quiet. No assholes on your bumper or passing you on a double white.

Going just by the pictures on here a lot of yees are getting a very rough doing from the beast :scared:.
Thankfully we have never experienced anything like yees are getting here in Mayo in my lifetime.
Could " the big snow" from back in the forties have been any worse than some of yees are getting.
Take care,keep warm and watch out for each other.

Sorry @Mike please move this post the beast from the east.

Back