The beast from the East

There should be a review of the state benefits to such shit hole estates or suburbs. A slap on the wrist is all any of the scum bags caught will get. Herself was showing me a vid on fb and that lidl has since gone up in flames. What the hell is wrong with people these days?.

I think the bit about the fire is idiots with their fake news, with a serious situation such as that wouldn't you think they'd have the cop on to leave well enough alone.
Edit: After posting I heard the Asst Chief Fire Officer on the tele saying that a crew attended the scene because of the fire rumours. Fake news muppets caused them to waste their time.
Regarding the destruction and looting of the supermarket the scumbags should be chain ganged and made rebuild the shop, work them for 18 hours a day and when they've finished they could start on projects to benefit the community for a further 5 years. Jail, fines and any of the other normal court sanctions are a complete waste of time on low life's like these.

Last edited:
I think the bit about the fire is idiots with their fake news, with a serious situation such as that wouldn't you think they'd have the cop on to leave well enough alone.
Regarding the destruction and looting of the supermarket the scumbags should be chain ganged and made rebuild the shop, work them for 18 hours a day and when they've finished they could start on projects to benefit the community for a further 5 years. Jail, fines and any of the other normal court sanctions are a complete waste of time on low life's like these.
Just send them back home, thats a life sentence for anyone by the looks of things

Jesus, please say the cows are out?

Can just make them out to the right side of the cubicles.

Looks like all our snow blew over the water to the Emerald Isle,still frozen up here the last few days have been a real challenge,only got two water troughs on the farm working,out with the ibc as soon as I've had breakfast.

Edit: After posting I heard the Asst Chief Fire Officer on the tele saying that a crew attended the scene because of the fire rumours. Fake news muppets caused them to waste their time.
Theres a lot of mindless people in our society, affects them all in a different way, here's another example of utter stupidity..https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/news...lookers/ar-BBJNoov?li=AAmb2oK&ocid=spartandhp

Spot on. They should be castrated too. We don't need another generation of these types.

I couldn't agree with much of the above, state sponsored violence has never been an answer in my eyes and I am proud of our social welfare system, I know there are many that abuse it, but there are hundreds of thousands that it has helped and provided a way for them to get back on their feet and contributing again.
I hope both Lidl and Centra are slow reopening these shops so local see that they are usually the big losers from these types of crimes.
A few years ago the buses were being stoned going into this area, if my memory serves me right, and Dublin Bus cut some services and curtailed other, within a week the community had come together and sorted out the issue no more stoning buses. Hopefully the community will realise that they will be the ones without a Lidl and Centra because of this.

Just back from trying to haul the milk lorry out of a local yard. It's abandoned for the night. It's a long pull out to the road. He reckons he might leave it there until Sunday.

One of the roads we cleared is impassable to cars again. It's a main road. I don't think the council tried to plough or grit it on Friday.

I noted you had a direct line into RTE this morning too :wink:

Thaw is on in Dublin it seems anyway but only slight.

Starting to thaw out here now in Dublin too, enough to allow me change a track rod end on the driveway :Thumbp2:

I couldn't agree with much of the above, state sponsored violence has never been an answer in my eyes and I am proud of our social welfare system, I know there are many that abuse it, but there are hundreds of thousands that it has helped and provided a way for them to get back on their feet and contributing again.
I hope both Lidl and Centra are slow reopening these shops so local see that they are usually the big losers from these types of crimes.
A few years ago the buses were being stoned going into this area, if my memory serves me right, and Dublin Bus cut some services and curtailed other, within a week the community had come together and sorted out the issue no more stoning buses. Hopefully the community will realise that they will be the ones without a Lidl and Centra because of this.
While I may not be 'proud' of the Social Welfare system (I think it has many flaws, not least that it discourages people from taking lower paid jobs) I do agree that it is vital and there are many many people depending on it, and with no choice in the matter either.
It does gall me though to think that at least some of those involved in last nights shenanigans will be lining up on Thursday to pick up their Dole payment.
If these people were told in no uncertain terms that after X amount of convictions their Dole would be cut, the thought of this may concentrate their mind more than the thought of yet another trip to see their friends in Mountjoy for a few nights.

Hearing more and more reports of sheds coming down with the snow :tdown:

Let's hope the thaw gets going quickly tomorrow

They were talking about the possibility of serious flooding. They were hoping for a slow gradual thaw but it going to happen quite fast so could be huge volumes of water flowing. They seemed to be quite concerned about mountain areas

They were talking about the possibility of serious flooding. They were hoping for a slow gradual thaw but it going to happen quite fast so could be huge volumes of water flowing. They seemed to be quite concerned about mountain areas
Seems that way here, the only thing standing to here is that ground had dried out a bit before the snow.

While I may not be 'proud' of the Social Welfare system (I think it has many flaws, not least that it discourages people from taking lower paid jobs) I do agree that it is vital and there are many many people depending on it, and with no choice in the matter either.
It does gall me though to think that at least some of those involved in last nights shenanigans will be lining up on Thursday to pick up their Dole payment.
If these people were told in no uncertain terms that after X amount of convictions their Dole would be cut, the thought of this may concentrate their mind more than the thought of yet another trip to see their friends in Mountjoy for a few nights.

I agree. What is also flawed is the fact that it's too hard to get off it!!
If a person was offered temporary work. Say fruit picking for example. They would have to sign off. But at the end of the job they might bot get back on it! So a vicious cycle is born where a lot are afraid to get jobs!

Mind you a decent proportion are just career scroungers!

Not had a chance to read the whole thread through, looks like we're over the worst of it here, managed to get all the roads passable for the tanker late on last night still had to dump a chunk of milk though, got a lot of the local roads dug out as well, didn't get a lot of pictures though.

28280018_2306093646083209_1338308951897214919_n.jpg 28379069_2307010522658188_2410875621236884285_n.jpg 28379159_2306093699416537_2292131158187702183_n.jpg 28575867_10213586161622129_6679856967909610035_n.jpg 28576577_950830358407925_5727074116614531777_n.jpg 28576289_2306093586083215_2123428063112050633_n.jpg

Two lean to roofs down in ours, no one hurt or damage done.

One house has meal one end, a tractor at the other and the middle fell. The second house has cattle in one half and the other half came down. In terms of roof collapse you couldn't ask for much better. Insurance can take care of the rest

Back