Migraine

Danielk

Do any of ye suffer from migraine. I have suffered from them for last 15 year or so. Just woundering what people use to get rid of them. I use excederine tablets but sometime they won’t even work. If I can at all I go and lie down in a dark quiet room. But if at work I may keep working. I often got one and I could have it for hours on end.

thankfully i think ive only ever had 3 or 4 of them:unsure:
dark quiet room for me then with paracetemols:unsure::unsure:

Two people I know suffered from Migraines and it was cured by removing a Necrotic Kidney. Basically one of their Kidneys was rotten .

Do any of ye suffer from migraine. I have suffered from them for last 15 year or so. Just woundering what people use to get rid of them. I use excederine tablets but sometime they won’t even work. If I can at all I go and lie down in a dark quiet room. But if at work I may keep working. I often got one and I could have it for hours on end.
Yeah i get them every now and again. I used to get them a lot more after playing sport. I get a kind of blurred vision before the pain in my head so i know its coming. I find migraleve tablets(the pink ones) the best. But would still usually need to close my eyes for a while.
I can never figure whats causing them. Some blame dehydration when playing sport but im not so sure.The mother gets them too.

Usually try to take something with codeine in it like migraleve, then cold patch on the head and dark quiet room. Have quit eating bananas and have not suffered with migraines as often but unsure if theres any relation.

My better half used to suffer with them but had some bad teeth taken out after overcoming phobia going to dentist and hasn’t had one since.

Get the odd migraine myself and I find the 500mg Nurofen is the only one even remotely helpful. They are hard on the stomach though and often give vicious heartburn. Small price though compared to my head splitting.

Suffer a good bit from them myself.

I think everyone knows their own trigger. For me it's cheese (even though milk is grand :scratchhead:), dehydration, stress or lack of sleep.

Another I find is seed dressing, wearing gloves is a must and when filling the sprayer with certain chemicals (again easy cure)

Only cure I have is sleep, often times in work one plain Anadain and five minutes with my head down on the desk can work wonders.

Not much help to the OP but my late father used suffer from migraine, he used take a tablet called Veganin, I was at a wedding maybe 22 years ago and stayed overnight and had a bit of a hangover next day, there was a vet in the company and he took pity on me and gave me a veganin and within an hour I was feeling fine, the gang asked me what he had given me and when I said veganin they thought it was some sort of an animal remedy :laugh:, none of them had ever heard of it.

Not much help to the OP but my late father used suffer from migraine, he used take a tablet called Veganin, I was at a wedding maybe 22 years ago and stayed overnight and had a bit of a hangover next day, there was a vet in the company and he took pity on me and gave me a veganin and within an hour I was feeling fine, the gang asked me what he had given me and when I said veganin they thought it was some sort of an animal remedy :laugh:, none of them had ever heard of it.

How much Vegan is in a veganin? Finally a use for them

How much Vegan is in a veganin? Finally a use for them
The thought occured to me to put in a comment, not much sign of vegans 20 years ago but what they can't seem to grasp is the fact that we have been meat eaters for 1000's of years.

Suffered a lot a few years ago.
Went to see dr jan in waterford does acupuncture he told what not to eat chips tomotoes and choc.
6 weeks of acupuncture and slight change in diet im fine now can still eat small quantities.

cbd oil works well i find for that and other conditions. only issue is roadside drug testing could give a false positive. hempture.ie sells it.

Got a really bad one as a child, third trip to the doctor had a care Doc she asked the same simple questions the rest did and instantly replied you have a sinus problem have you pressure on the nose I said yes. She gave me a nasal spray and it cleared up almost instantly. Still get bad sinus pain and it would verge on migraine at times but thankfully never quite gets there.

I have an auto injector pennthat i carry with me it is brilliant at getting rid of migranes .

Back