German hitch on Irish tractor

st1979

Well I got a friend with a mf 5610 who needs to connect to a German type hitch tanker is there a connection you can get to fit top link holes to suit. He wants to be able to use both systems

Well I got a friend with a mf 5610 who needs to connect to a German type hitch tanker is there a connection you can get to fit top link holes to suit. He wants to be able to use both systems
Bound to be one about somewhere.
Best bet is a dealer used to importing tractors from Europe.

Don't know if the mounting would be universal for all the 10 series fords?

Is it not possible to convert the tanker to normal hitch?

It's a 1 year old Massey 5610 not .a ford so not going to be lying about. Just taught there might be an adaptator for top link mounting

Reactions: AYF
Your looking for a pin hitch I take it to work off the top link position. @houlie87 i think had something similar for his jd .

Depends on the size of the tanker if a top link bracket on the tractor would be man enough. One way of avoiding loaning machines

Yes a pin hitch adaptor is what he needs. Tanker is not very big and only being used to water some trees. Looked on Google but can't find anything

Screenshot_20180419-203544.png
I'm guessing you mean something similar to what's fitted to this tractor. Not sure you can get one to fit the top link, I have only ever seen them fitted to the ladders like above.

Depends on the size of the tanker if a top link bracket on the tractor would be man enough. One way of avoiding loaning machines
I thought all those continental hitches were solid bolted to the tractor housing and not pulling out of the top link bracket, pulling from the top link area does not sound safe or even may be illegal if there was an accident.

I thought all those continental hitches were solid bolted to the tractor housing and not pulling out of the top link bracket, pulling from the top link area does not sound safe or even may be illegal if there was an accident.

Yes they are solid bolted but I think what @houlie87 uses attaches to the top link bracket. Think some JD dealers have supplied them for working with sprayers but not entirely sure.

i had a hitch connected to the top link bracket, but only used it on a round baler, it was used on a 4500 litre sprayer before that,iv got a proper continental hitch since then, I don't think id go hitching a slurry tanker to it, wouldn't be safe, what your friend needs is called a short ladder hitch, (rails the bolt on to the back end of the tractor) and a jaw hitch,

https://www.scharmueller.at/en/ladder-hitches-30775.html

if you contact jh milnes ltd in the uk, guy named steve will tell you what you need

https://www.scharmueller.at/en/dealer-search-34218.html

Thanks for that. I rang the Steve guy who was very helpful but warned me it's a 12 to 16 week lead time. Think my friend will hire neighbour until it arrives.

Back