John deere 50 series back end

Deereman1980

Hi all.

Can anyone tell me is the gearbox from a six cylinder the same as the 4 cylinder in the 50 series. I have a 2850 which needs overhaul. Gearbox casting is damaged but not the only issue. I can get a complete back end from clutch back for a 3050 at good price. But are they the same? Does anyone know how interchangeable the parts are?

Hi all.

Can anyone tell me is the gearbox from a six cylinder the same as the 4 cylinder in the 50 series. I have a 2850 which needs overhaul. Gearbox casting is damaged but not the only issue. I can get a complete back end from clutch back for a 3050 at good price. But are they the same? Does anyone know how interchangeable the parts are?

Anybody ?

I couldn't answer your question on if there the same or not I've never even looked at a 4 cylinder deere.
Where are you based

Did you try looking on JDparts website to see if same parts used for each?
Or ring John Conaty in the morning, you'll get a quick answer there anyway
Was just going to say i could try to compare castings if it helped

Might try John conaty. Wouldn't be in there interest I would have thought I know they selling parts for them. Heard someone say the gear box is identical on another forum but was an old post

Hi i have a good contact who I would be fairly sure would be able to point you in the right direction. I'm no totally sure myself tho if they are similar.

Try this guy W.Hunter Tractors : 028 8676 3719

I'm not sure of your location so you might need to add an area code or whatever to that number. He is in Moneymore Northern Ireland.

Back