Flails

jd66

Hi anyone useinf f 14 flails and finding that the back edge is breaking of them fitted a set last year and found the back cutting edge breaking of a good few of them and 2 more broke today also whats lads thoughts on the f 16 flail

i got f10's but i think the same problem affects them Tflails the same way
the back edge comes round and slaps the cut surface and eventually breaks it,even worse if the front edge is worn
the f14 and f16 are designed to cut thicker stuff so the back edge will be hitting harder stumps

i got f10's but i think the same problem affects them Tflails the same way
the back edge comes round and slaps the cut surface and eventually breaks it,even worse if the front edge is worn
the f14 and f16 are designed to cut thicker stuff so the back edge will be hitting harder stumps
Im stil only cutting what i always cut 2 or 3 years growth was thinking competition flails mite not break as often would i be wrong? Just they have no back edge to come around and slap of a stump

Hi anyone useinf f 14 flails and finding that the back edge is breaking of them fitted a set last year and found the back cutting edge breaking of a good few of them and 2 more broke today also whats lads thoughts on the f 16 flail
Using F14's here, only time I have seen them break is if the hit a fairly solid bit of a stump or a rock, have used the 16's but they are very heavy and hard on the mounting bolts and lugs, for 1 or 2 years growth I prefer the competition flail, anything heavier the F12's, how many passes on top to deal with 3 yr growth?

Used to always run F10's but from 2014 onwards I kept breaking corners off them. It was so bad that I was using a full set (24) of replacements over the life of the original swe. Changed to a F14's which were a great flail but I thought that were a bit hard on the rotor and when they got worn I wasn't happy with the finish in lighter stuff, only broke 2 in over 1200 hours. Running competitions now and I find I'm not breaking too many and they're leaving a good finish. I miss the momentum of the 14's at times though

Used to always run F10's but from 2014 onwards I kept breaking corners off them. It was so bad that I was using a full set (24) of replacements over the life of the original swe. Changed to a F14's which were a great flail but I thought that were a bit hard on the rotor and when they got worn I wasn't happy with the finish in lighter stuff, only broke 2 in over 1200 hours. Running competitions now and I find I'm not breaking too many and they're leaving a good finish. I miss the momentum of the 14's at times though
i have around 850 hrs done with the f14 and just looked there now have 12 broken ones mite try a set of competition flails . What are they like on grass are they good?

i have around 850 hrs done with the f14 and just looked there now have 12 broken ones mite try a set of competition flails . What are they like on grass are they good?
Competition's are better on grass than a T, they don't clog up the same so easier driven.

Back