Which Loader Option

Would you not have to give €4000 maybe more for a decent 6 ton dumper ? Or would a 3 ton dumper be good enough to base one on ? There is a huge difference in power. I have driven 3 ton , 6 ton and the daddy of them all , a 9 ton. I wouldn't like to have to pay for a 9 ton , to chop up for a project like that.

Have any of you pictures of these dumper/loaders ?

I want a narrow machine ( 6' )so it fits up cubicle passages and it only needs to lift a ton, basically similar to my artic steer weidemann.

Sadly no pic of mine,I've seen one very similar I'll find it.

as said we do have rough terrain forklift here too and it would feed its share of round bales, its only 2wd so doesn't be off concrete, wouldn't want to be without it not that it does that much.

Reactions: AYF
ford 36 or 3000 I think, we got the engine done up and had a 46 engine here for some arts but none fitted, but was next model down. not exactly over powered but grand for a forklift. high/low r1,r2 and f1,f2-4 forward and 4 reverse in total

Bit more heavy duty and in budget.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/massey-ferguson-mf-50b/19722826

Proper MF weightbox too. A neighbour has one and I was in his yard a few weeks back, a very tidy unit in confined spaces I thought.

NWQxMWRhN2U2MWIzZGJhOTUyOGNiMDJmY2Q3Zjg3NzdIFm3cdDeFLrGvBfDlkflmaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDgzMjAxNDl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Just throwing this in the mix. Not really recommending it for farm use though but if you were on a hard surface these machines are a solid loader will handle 2 ton pallets and could be bought less than listed there. The location of door is a pain though.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/19449520
Volvo 622
View attachment 59480

Many a lorry load of beet loaded with those back in the day! Did they have a torque or manual transmission?

Many a lorry load of beet loaded with those back in the day! Did they have a torque or manual transmission?
Our own beet was loaded with one for many years right up till the factory closed. The haulier got great service from it and it would lift ireland

Our own beet was loaded with one for many years right up till the factory closed. The haulier got great service from it and it would lift ireland

The man who drew our beet here 20 + years ago had one of those Volvos , bulletproof. I knew of another man (Dead now) , who had one of them , but 6 cyl. Was a 4 cyl 2 wd a 622, and a a 6 cyl 2wd a 642 ?

Yes , 240. Door at the front .

Yep, you fall in and fall out !!!
ah but there is a roof hatch as well so to fill the drill you lift up the pallet - door wont open hop out through the roof.... or take the door off! Not ideal from a safety point of view but im afraid its the only option for us as Dad is not for climbing through the roof.

The man who drew our beet here 20 + years ago had one of those Volvos , bulletproof. I knew of another man (Dead now) , who had one of them , but 6 cyl. Was a 4 cyl 2 wd a 622, and a a 6 cyl 2wd a 642 ?

Yes , 240. Door at the front .

621 - 2wd and 641 was 4 wd
like wise
622 642

The 8 series were 6 cylinder never seen any of them here.

621 - 2wd and 641 was 4 wd
like wise
622 642

The 8 series were 6 cylinder never seen any of them here.

I have seen a couple of 6 cylinders. The one I knew of would be near Daltons Garage on the old Dublin Cork road. The late owner used to fill beet with it.

Friend of mine had a 6 cyl 4wd one.
There's a hill near the yard where loaded artics often got caught and slipped into the ditch, lorry driver asked him for a pull out.
My man gets the Volvo loader and pulls out the truck and trailer (loaded) no bother.
Turns out the lorry driver had left the handbrake on...

Attachments

• bmv-lm-841-22-1-2259-7204.pdf
    546.1 KB · Views: 52
Ours would pull ok on hard ground but wouldn't travel well in the field. I couldn't imagine it doing anything with a fully loaded truck with the handbrake on!

Pretty basic spec one though, early white cab, no extradig and something telling me the 4wd on those didn't have a great reputation at all.

ah but there is a roof hatch as well so to fill the drill you lift up the pallet - door wont open hop out through the roof.... or take the door off! Not ideal from a safety point of view but im afraid its the only option for us as Dad is not for climbing through the roof.

Hadn't realised you had one towbar, how do you rate it?

Hadn't realised you had one towbar, how do you rate it?
Not my favorite machine but there is hardly a job we do that it isn’t involved in. I’m ashamed to admit it got its first oil change in about 7 or 8 years this year. It wasn’t driving right for a while and when I checked there was no transmission oil showing on the stick filled it up and away she went again without a bother. She gets very little love and just keeps going. Very easy started as well and no heater plugs. We loaded mushroom compost in the field this year with it and it was fine at that but if conditions were wet or greasy it wouldn’t cope well. Loaded about 200 tons of topsoil from a heap as well that I happened upon... I’d say it’s as fast or faster than the 7ft bucket on tractor loader.

Back